Deus Ex: Poor Anna… Rest in Pieces
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Deus Ex: Poor Anna… Rest in Pieces

Poor old Anna… I really tried to stop her using non lethal force, but she just wouldn’t let me. Worse than that, she kept killing the terrorist leader on the plane! Well….. I tried to tell her, but she just wouldn’t listen, so she had to go.

But quickly working out that a toe to toe confrontation was going to end in tears, (mine) I decided that some sort of sneaky tactics might be the order of the day.

So from the cargo hold I brought three explosive barrels and placed then in the corridor of the private bedroom. Then a heavy sofa across the hall way to stop Anna from actually getting into the room proper. Finally a gas grenade at the door for luck.

I couldn’t help but feel sorry for her though, stumbling through the gas fumes muttering alternate threats against me and prayers to the god of the Uzi 9mm.

Her eyes filled with tears from the gas she lurches into the sofa, trapped! And there am I, 10mm pistol trained on the closest barrel down the hall…..

Boom!!!!

Bye Anna, it’s been a blast!

Badger
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:39 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

LOL i actually did something also similiar tho i dont remember which way i killed her
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:21 pm
goshuto
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hehe, one of my favorite "past times" in DX1 was pissing off some NPCs, and then finding new ways to block their path while they charged at me in blind rage. Manderley's office has a double-glass door (two sheets of glass separated by a small space). In one of those experiments (which involved three chairs, a sofa, two plants, a vase, one trophy, a couple LAMs and a basketball), Manderley actually managed to get stuck inside those two glass sheets... and I with him. It wasn't pretty, two tall guys stuck in a space about two inches wide.

Speaking of sofas, did you know that dropping the heavy sofa on NPC's heads actually hurts them?
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:10 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Would you have to drop it out of a tree?
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:15 am
goshuto
Wanderer
Wanderer

Nah, just holding it immediately above their heads and letting go will do. If the NPC is standing, you could step on a chair or table. Or make use of UNATCO's headquarters multi-level architecture. Or do it while they're sitting (perfect for Manderley, his secretary, or that guard who's boasting to the woman). But to hold a heavy object that will actually hurt them, you will need the Microfibral Muscle augmentation (one level will do, if I recall correctly).
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:24 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe if u throw a pillow or a trophy at theyr heads or at them then they tell u also "ow it hurted!" or "stop that"
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:25 pm