IWD2 - Dead cat? Can I get rid of it?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

IWD2 - Dead cat? Can I get rid of it?

I found a dead cat in the early stages of Icewind Dale 2 in a chest or something. I'm carring it around because,..well, to tell the truth, I don't know why I'm carring it around. Can I throw the dead cat away or is it used later in the game?
Post Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:08 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

:] Max Killen carring dead cat all around world of IWD2 :]

I never met dead cat in this game and I never met place where it could be used.
However I am only at beginning of chapter 3.

Btw. nice to see that you are playing same game. I really like it. Some fights are very difficult for me and I must replay them many times. Character developement seems much more interesting than in any other AD&D game I ever tried...
Post Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:51 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Yeah, I know what you mean. I am in early part of game, I just got off the boat, in fact. Killed some monsters, solved the weeping ghost quest, cleaned up the tunnels and am ready to adventure to the "real game". I have leveled up only once, and I am in a quandary on where to apply the new skill points. It's not like anything I ever played before. I would ususally apply points to "sword" skills; but not so in this case. Intimidate, bluff, etc., I really am not used to this kind of game. I don't want to apply level-up points here-and-there. I haven't figured it out yet. My computer gaming time now is even less than it was, and I usually spend most of the time trying to remember what I did last. Oh well.
Post Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:14 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Black Isle: "Gotcha!"

Max Killen: "Umm?, what?"

IF I AM NOT WRONG, the dead cats (in IWD1 & 2) actually is a joke created by Black isle. I remember i read somewhere at Black Isle's forums about some player who actually carrying around the dead cat all the time untill finish the game without any idea what to do with that thing. At later stages in IWD2, you will find more dead cats for you to collect & carrying around .
Post Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:34 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

There's actually an NPC who comments/reacts to you having a dead cat in inventory but it doesn't affect the story in any way. I've forgotten who it was...
Post Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:21 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Well, I went and looked at myself in the mirror to see what a fool looks like and guess what I saw, me. So much for carrying a dead cat around. It's history now.
Post Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:38 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Max Killen
Well, I went and looked at myself in the mirror to see what a fool looks like and guess what I saw, me. So much for carrying a dead cat around. It's history now.

And where is dead cat now if it is no longer in your inventory? :]
Post Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:47 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Remus
Black Isle: "Gotcha!"

Max Killen: "Umm?, what?"

IF I AM NOT WRONG, the dead cats (in IWD1 & 2) actually is a joke created by Black isle. I remember i read somewhere at Black Isle's forums about some player who actually carrying around the dead cat all the time untill finish the game without any idea what to do with that thing. At later stages in IWD2, you will find more dead cats for you to collect & carrying around .

I am glad I read this thread. That is really funny.

Thank you Black Isle, and thanks Remus for pointing it out.
Post Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:19 pm
Urnakh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
There's actually an NPC who comments/reacts to you having a dead cat in inventory but it doesn't affect the story in any way. I've forgotten who it was...

It's one of the three guys standing around a campfire in the east of the palisade. I laughed my butt off when he asked my paladin why he's carrying around a dead cat.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:55 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

The cat is worth 600 experience.

It's also worth a laugh or three.

I carried all five that I found around until the bitter end.

- Nab the cat
- Talk to the guys around the campfire in the Palisade (one of the funnest conversations in the game anyways)
- Talk to Mrs Skinner... er... the harpy... er... the old lady in the middle-south hut. She'll also call you daft for carrying around a poor dead cat, but you get a few hundred experience for solving the 'mystery'

The game won't become any more or less difficult if you miss it.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:04 pm