Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How to CONSECRATE the sword second time ????
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
damian_ionut
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How to CONSECRATE the sword second time ????

Ok, I could consecrate my sword (2H) only one time and it is Sword of Order .. How can I do it second time ????
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:02 pm
Nirvy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You can only do it once. Or in my game i could.

Isnt an 85 Dmg sword enough?
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:09 pm
damian_ionut
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I do not understand ! I saw a post where a dude said you get a powerfull one 100dmg/50str after second consecrate !!! And the sword also got a COOL name not just "Sword of Order"

Please someone help ...
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:17 pm
damian_ionut
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So, anyone !!

How can you CONSECRATE SECOND TIME ????
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:24 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

With the tears of inos

Gothic II Credits
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:50 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

You can concecrate sword for the second time if I`m not wrong after finding secret labirynth under monastery and things left there by Xardas. Something about concecration should be in the papers - not 100% sure. But I know that around this was the moment when option of second concecration appeared.
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:05 pm
Nirvy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry yea, to create the Holy Executioner, goto the library, get the rune in the place where you kill the demons, get some holy water, and make a teleport rune, go get the uber paladin armour, and then i had the option to use the tears of innos to make the new sword.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:02 am
preed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Holy executioner vs 2h ore dragon slayer

I've seen stats on a 2 handed dragon slayer sword which is 110 damage 100 str.. Would that be better than the executioner which is 100/50? It's half as heavy, but does that matter in combat?

I'm also curious as to what you mean with "get the rune in the library where you kill the demons"? I am guessing you mean the library in the monestary and that it will be attacked by demons later in some chapter?

Also how would you go about making the 2h dragonslayer sword? Guess that also wont be availible until in some later chapter? I'm not even a paladin yet.. Just a knight..
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:33 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Holy executioner vs 2h ore dragon slayer

The 2h Dragon Slayer Sword can be forged only by dragon slayers. Since you're a knight, don't even think you can have it. Don't be sad, though, because your hero will be very powerful -- both his magic runes and his sword will be amazingly powerful.

As far as I can tell, all the 2h swords give me the same or similar feel. So, I think it won't matter in combat. The critical hits will be more powerful, though, if you have greater strength.

And don't worry, you will be attacked by TONS of demons and demon lords in the later chapters, whether you're a paladin, a dragon slayer or a mage. Be prepared for this.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:42 am
preed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dragon slayer?

Just curious here.. How DO you become a dragon slayer? I took up service with the militia and I haven't even SEEN a dragon slayer until later in the game when I ran into them on my way to hunt dragons after putting the eye of innos back together.. Will I get the choice to stray from being a knight and join the dragonslayers later or chose to continue my path and become a paladin? Or can you only become a dragonslayer if you became a mercenary instead of militiaman in the beginning?

- Preed -
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:34 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The latter... you can only become a Dragonslayer if you are a Mercenary.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:32 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
The latter... you can only become a Dragonslayer if you are a Mercenary.

In other words, the three "paths" are:

1. Mercenaries -> Dragon slayer
2. Militia -> Paladin
3. Novice -> Mage
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:58 pm
Nirvy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes the library in the monastary, there is also a secret library behind a bookcase, where you get the best armour in the game, its part of the main quest though so dont worry, once Xardas tells you to get the Halls or Irodath book, you are pretty close to getting the armour and the Holy Executioner, just make sure you read all the books in the secret library after you kill the demon lord, they will explain how to get the armour, and consecrate the sword the second time.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:16 pm