Is it any Good?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
draemora
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Is it any Good?

i've played gothic 1 + 2 bot i found to be THE BEST games i HAVE EVER played, unfortunatly i no longer have them and my pc just wont be able to handle gothic 3 so i was wonderin abour Ark fatalis for xbox... but is it any good? will it measure at all against these two great games? is it similar etc. opinions would be greatly apreciated as i intend to use them to decide whether or not to fork out the money to get the thing considering i'm still in school and have a minimal allowance
Post Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:57 pm
cadaver747
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Is it any Good?

Just buy Arx Fatalis for PC not XBOX. And play it. You will enjoy many hours of magic / dungeons / medieval and dark journeys. I have played it many times. Almost come to finish and started again. I do not know why. Probably it is the best games of this kind (like Ultima Underworld). As for me from my very youth I always loved dungeons.

Playing thief with magic abilities. Killing spiders with my mighty fireballs. Slashing / backstabing stupid goblins or thick Goblin Lords and worse enemies later.
The Story line is also good. But enviroment is amazing. All textures and models made with such scrupulous and love. Every dialog is an art. And every rock or flower is beaty. Sounds are great, especially ambient.
Magic system is that I was ever dreamed of. You can spell the magic runes with your very own hand. Just watching how your fingers draws runes and they are making alive!!!
I have just remembered one situation: I was running from enemy and desperadly tries to draw a correct runic. Was difficult taks for the first time. But I have mastered it and it feels me with so great honor. Like I am real wizard or something. When I lighten my first torch from a distance. I think the core of the every good single RPG game is: atmosphere and the great desire to believe...
Post Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:57 pm
draemora
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well it does sound like a fairly awesome game from your description, however i doubt my pc could handle it as i barely have any memory left and it wont give me any more even when i delete things so what's the difference between the xbox and pc verison?
Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:33 pm
karnaugh
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If you were able to run gothic II you should have no problem with arx fatalis. I found gothic II to be a lot stickier on my comp until I bought a lot more memory.

And to your original question: yes, it is any good. Some parts can be very tricky, like saving the little girl (i don't remember her name). It is time critical. If you screw it, she will be calling for mummy until the end of the game. I had to go back to a much earlier save because I couldn't listen to it.
Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:45 pm
draemora
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yeah but it's been ages since i played gothic 2 on my comp and since then my pc has goen seriously gone downhill, it can't take ANY new games, i tried sum relle low memory games and it couldn't even play those!! i've tried deleting tons of stuff and it's just not helping so all my games have to be for xbox, this game sounds really good so whats the diff from pc to xbox? (apart from controls obviously)
Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:02 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Arx Fatalis is a good game. Its one of the few games I didn't get bored with and I actually beat. I had a good time playing it and would recommend it to anyone. But, I also recommend Hammer & Sickle and that doesn't work out too well all the time.

Second, how is being in school an excuse to not have a job? Being seven is an excuse to not have a job.
Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:13 am
draemora
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

how about 13?
Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:58 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

I guess 13 is okay (but you should get a paper route or learn how to pick pockets or something), 14 is pushing it, 16 is silly, 18 is sad.
Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:18 am
draemora
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Tried to get a paper route, there wasn't any openings around my area though, so i took a job between october and december bailing christmas trees..... 7 hours of moving 8 foot long christmas trees by hand with no help and having to do at least 800....... i may not have a job but i'm not lazy
Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:52 am
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by draemora
Tried to get a paper route, there wasn't any openings around my area though, so i took a job between october and december bailing christmas trees..... 7 hours of moving 8 foot long christmas trees by hand with no help and having to do at least 800....... i may not have a job but i'm not lazy

Thank you for taking me seriously...but you shouldn't.
Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:58 pm
draemora
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm aware of that, but i treat others how i would like them to treat me
Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:25 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, thank you. And Arx Fatalis really is a good buy.
Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:17 am