Need some advice on a setting.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Fallout

Author Thread
slaytanic
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Need some advice on a setting.

Hello i'm pretty much new here this is my first post.
Anyways the reason i am posting is that me and a friend want to write a game in c and we decided to make a rpg i was thinking(being a huge Fallout fan) of a post-nuclear setting but with vampires ..I know it is a silly ideea but still not many people are probably going to play this so i figured what the heck.

so here goes nothing

The year is 2045,40 years after a global catastrophy happened.Nobody remembers what happened,all that is known is that rockets were launched and genetic viruses were released upon the world.The world has changed much,people have been living in underground vaults and have been sealed off from the rest of the world, others have barely managed to survive on the surface and have suffered serios mutations or worse.But one of the most shocking events is the sudden apeareance of vampires around the world,now not having to fear mankind as the global population has been decimated.Different vampire factions have made their existance known to humans,some whom are more willing to cooperate with the human civilisation,others who keep to themselves and prefere to consider humans as a source of food.They seem to be somewhat resistant to radiation and their ability to hibernate for long periods of time have helped vampires to survive.Mutants themselves have gathered into communities and factions and are trying to fit in the world and be accepted as human beings.
Europe is probably the most afected region in the world as genetic viruses and bombs have throughly decimated the population who was taken by surprise.The goverments are disolved and the state institutions have turned into private corporations.Much has happened that has changed mankind forever,many say that man is doomed and that there is no hope,but still the
struggle for survival takes place each day so perhaps there is still hope.

Anyways this is just the main ideea of the setting nothing concrete yet.I'd appreciate any feedback.Thanks in advance.

P.S. sorry for the grammar it is too early and as you probably guessed I am not english hehe
Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:59 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

There doesn't seem to be question in your post, so I'm confused as to what we are supposed to tell you.

But as far as your setting goes... I'd personally scrap the vampires and somehow replace them with some sort of mutants that are cannibalistic in nature. Or maybe have one set of mutants whose mutation makes their blood contain some special enzyme, required by the second set of mutants that need to drink it to live/survive/be somehow better.
Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:05 pm
slaytanic
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You just told me what you were supposed to tell me hehe
anyway thanks you really gave me some ideeas there that ill be taking into consideration... canibalistic mutants are now a must hehe .
thanks
Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:56 am