What stats/skills should I raise now?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

What stats/skills should I raise now?

Hi..I think these are all spoilerless because I just want to know about stats. I'm lvl 7 and have a 30 str and 25 dex. I've learned sneak, 20% on one-handed, make trophies, forge, and lockpick. I want my character to be a better fighter. I have 10 LP currently, and I'm not sure if I should gain more strength or learn how to fight better. Which impacts my damage more? Also, I'm temped to learn how to forge even better weapons. But I'm not sure what to do. Any advice?
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:00 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

i will first make sure you are a fast and skilled fighter (so train the 1H/2H) and after that train you strenght to handle better weapons.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:18 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

hey Madglee

Are you playing a merc?
Here is my advice.....anyone ples feel free to correct me.

Pay more attention to strength. I ended my game with 125 strght (with boosters/rings/amulets) and my highest melee skill was 2H master 62 %
crossbow master 60%

Its no point for you to spent too much on melee when you dont have the strength to wield and use them .

Lets say now you have 10LP to spare.....put it into your strenght. 40 strght is good if you are still 20% on one handed.
Your next coming 10 LP...put it into 1H to make it 30% and that will make you a fighter. Once you are a fighter....leave it at that for the moment and began working on your strength until at least 65 strength.

MAYBE SPOILER AHEAD:
Becoz at your level...very soon there will soon be a weapon for you which will require 65 strength and its a powerful one.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:36 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

hm... i'm don't agree.

if you have about 40 strenght, and have a good weapon. butt don't no how to wield it, you don't need it!
i think you will fight better with 30% (fighter) and 20 strenght than 20% and 40 strenght. you won't need a good weapon if you know how to wield it, because with one handed (only when youre a fighter) you can keep hitting left and right without the enemy hits you.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:45 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

YUP, NG got a good point there too
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:07 pm
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Thanks guys

Thanks Ghengis and Neo..I compromised on your opinions then and put 5 into strength and five into one handed. Now i'm at 35 str, 25% one handed. Next lvl, soon, i will get my one handed up to 30% and either train my strength or go ahead and learn how to forge ore weapons. Probably strength. I have some bastard sword I stole from somewhere that requires 60 str so i won't be able to use that for a while.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:39 pm
ServanteS
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

you can get streanght ring+5 and amulet+15 early in the game so concentrate on your 1h2h skills
Post Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:31 pm