Usergroups
Weapon that defeats any foe
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

There is a guy in the new mine that says he has a weapon that can defeat any foe, is that true?
I want to kno before i gather all the things he wants.
Thanks
Post Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:27 pm

I've done that quest and is a trap,the guy want to have a party with all the food you gather for him.When you've done and give him the food he will tell you that you are a loser(or something like that)in the final you have to beat the guy cause he fool you,there is no weapon only a big stupid joke
Post Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:34 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Oh,

and I am just running from New camp to Old camp and from Old camp to New camp etc. to buy all those things for him )
Post Mon Dec 17, 2001 11:20 pm
Phalanx
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

hahaha, i didn't get to do that quest, sounds like he fool you good, just beat the snot out of him and take it back
Post Wed Dec 19, 2001 3:11 pm
nate240
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I did that quest and i'd say its worth doing if you dont have that great of a 1 handed weapon(like a sword), and you have a bow/crossbow. Get all the goods, give them to him to get the XP points, then backtrack out of the mine and go up above his hut. Start unloading on him with your bow, he won't be able to get at you. once you kill him, take his "bonecrusher"(37dam.) and all his goodies. Now you have a better weapon, more XP, and all the goodies you gave him.
Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 1:08 am
DaRkELF
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The question would be...does it worth the time you spend gathering all the stuff for a few exp. ? You could kill him right away to acquire the "bone crusher". But then again this shows how good rpg gothic is by tricking you into this quest by your own will

Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 9:34 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

It’s all part of the fun of the game…I loved that quest. You go around and acquire all that he wants for this great weapon and then he beats you for your goods and then laughs in your face. Great joke, I wish PB had made more quests like that. One thing, if you go back and beat him to get your stuff back, I hope you can run fast…

Sylvio
Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 2:01 pm
Gaderath
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

hehe when i did that quest i just figured, "hell, lets see if he has really got a weapon that can defeat and foe." so i attacked him, and it turns out that i am not any foe, cos i whooped him. besides would someone who had a weapon like that truly trade it for a couple peices of food?
Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 7:44 pm