New Spells?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Hey all, quick question..

When my mages/bishop level up, how do i get more choices for new spells? I want my bishop to learn higher level healing spells, but it keeps giving me options to learn spells in other realms, which I don't want to do with him..so, how do I get more spells in a certain realm??

P.S. This is my first post since getting the game..it's absolutely fantastic..had to put together a party with some of the LOTR characters..Boromir, Gimli, Frodo..

Post Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:16 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

New spells will be offered automaticaly. It will take some time. When you reach new level, not everytime new spells in realms you choosed will be avelaible.
If you f. e. choose 2 realms (because its effective to aim on 2 realms), you will have more spell points than you will need.
Post Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:40 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

But it is also true that later in game you will have points to teach you character another realms so you will use this 10 or more spell points,

And hallo in this Wizardy 8. I am glad for new face here, because in comparation with Gothic forum this one is little bit "death".

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-01-29 12:43 ]
Post Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:41 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

quote:

because in comparation with Gothic forum this one is little bit "death".

I think you meant to say this one is a little bit 'dead'..but I definitely get the message..after being exclusively on the Gothic forums for so long, this is a definite culture shock..er..quite a change!

My question, again, is that my bishop is now like level 7, and he still only knows "Bless, Heal wounds, and Make wounds". Should I just keep putting points into the divine skills?? He has a book of cure lesser ( I think that's what it's called) and he can't even use it..says he's not powerful enough!!

Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 3:22 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, put points in Divine, it will be very usefull, spell such as Heal all, Restoration, Instant Death or Death wish (tryes to instantly kill all oponents ) are very usefull.
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 7:24 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Hooray!

My bishop, at level 7 (or maybe 8..) finally got some new spell options..Magic Missiles, and some others..I still have a couple of leftover spells (when you level up and don't pick new spells to learn you can carry them over..) to use later; I can't wait for him to learn restoration and cure conditions.. My guys are getting beat up by poison plants and even some blinding wasps..

Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 7:17 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I found fire, water and divine (on different group members, of course) the most effective combo. Also note that there seem to be different options for different classes in the same school (like divine or earth).

Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 7:31 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Good to see someone other than Danicek and I are here lately!

Indeed, I'm waiting eagerly for my faerie mage to learn some more effective spells. Right now, her best one is sleep!! I keep putting points into fire and water...but I'm finding now that there are some good spells in the wind category, too..

Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:05 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Tonight I started to use two more spells with my two mages (I learnt them before several days, but I was not powerfull enough to use them on higher Power Level).
This could be small spoiler.
--------
My divinity mage learnt Death Wish which tryies to instantly kill all enemies around (usually it kills from group of 8 monsters 5 or 6).
My fire/water/air mage (air is his new skill, because fire and water is on max). Learnt Axfixation (or something like that) which tryies to pump out air around all creatures near me (and then instantly kill them). It ussually cause 7 or 8 creatures from group of 10 to die.
These are most powerfull spells I learnt. When I meat some Rapax veterans or so, I just start combat away from them, make this two spells and then kill last one or two creatures.
Nice :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-01-31 01:42 ]
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 7:41 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

First of all. The magic spells you can learn depends on two things. Your characters profession (Bishop 4 spell books, Priest only 1 spell book) and the level of your characters. The higher numbers in the actual spell realms(Divinity, Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Mind) only determines how powerfull you can make a spell inside each of these realms, not which spells you can cast!
One spellbook don't apply to just one realm, but a limited range of spells scattered more or less between the realms. At level 18 (for bishop)if I remember correctly, you can learn every spell possible for your spellbooks. For the bishop you have to supply your spell knowledge with the magic books you find, hench you only can choose one spell per level up.
I see Danicek learn every day! He use the most effective magic spells "Death". The mages get this on a high level, and can attack multiple targets at the same time (masive destruction). The beauty is that the more you use the spell, the more powerfull it gets (self-learning the skill). The Bishop will get a similar spell. "Danicek" the Umpani camp awaits you!!! If you not already have wiped them out?

[ This Message was edited by: Michael C on 2002-01-31 03:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Michael C on 2002-01-31 03:42 ]
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:09 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

No single Umpani is walking on this world
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:13 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Okay Danicek, "Take on the world" No place is now to tough for you, not even the looong final chapter on "Ascension peek"
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:52 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

oooooooooo can't wait for my faerie mage to learn that spell..gonna be a long while, though, I guess..

Right now, she just learned Freeze Flesh, and that's pretty damn cool for me now!!

Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:40 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

The Faeries are the best mages, they will get so many more mana-points, that you don't have to worry about running short of spells in battles in mid/end game, even if you use the high level spells!
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:48 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

yea, my faerie now is learning fire, water, and wind spells..

is there a different realm I should be putting points into for late game spells??

My bishop is into divine and mental magic.. I really like the 'terror' and 'mind blast' (I think that's the name...) Does Enchanted blade do anything?? I can't tell much difference..

Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:08 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next