Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Finished Temple/Shanny/What do I do now??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
mgeorge
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Finished Temple/Shanny/What do I do now??

OK I finished the temple quest with the secruity puzzle and killed the demon, found and rescued Shanny, (got lost too and went down a couple of other levels and killed some big worm and a bunch of Ratmen.) to find out what comes next, but I have no idea what to do now. I went to the PDF file and it says I'm supposed to get some new quest but when I went to see the King, he just keeps saying to get busy. The only thing in my quest book is when the Goblins asked me to kill the water something or other. (maybe level 4?), Can anyone give me a clue? Thanks a lot.

BTW; I bitch and moan about this game but it keeps getting it's claws deeper and deeper into me. It really is a good game despite it's flaws.
Post Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:57 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

When you say you finished the temple, I take it you have the two rings, and destroyed the meteor and got the powder? Now is time to go make that ultimeite weapon? If so, head to level eight, but be sure you have done all the side guests first to get all the xp you can. If you have the PDF you can find the list there.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:12 am
mgeorge
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

No I haven't destroyed the meteor. After defeating the demon, I tried to touch the thing and it threw me away. And I don't know anything about 2 rings or powder as of yet. Did I miss something, as I thought I did done everything so far.

Thanks a lot.
Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:28 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Sounds like you have a ways to go yet. Go do the water clan stuff first and get that xp, you need all you can get in this game. They should offer you a new guest if you talk to them first.

I have no idea what you need to do without knowing what you have done. Check back in your journal and see if there is some suggestion to go talk or see someone. If not you can post or pm me with a list of what you have done so far. Are you using the PDF walkthrough? If so, what page are you up to. That will help pinpoint what may need to be done now to trigger next step.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:45 am
mgeorge
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for the reply. I have done everything in the walkthrough, including the Temple of Abkaa quest when I figure out the security puzzle, then cross over the bridge and fight the demon. When I tried to touch the meteor after the demon, it drained all my mana, so I went back to Arx by means of a secret passageway just as the PDF file says to do. I think it was supposed to trigger a cut scene when I returned to Arx but nothing happened, so I went and completed the Shany quest.

After that I did as you suggested and went back and did the water quest by killing some Goblins who rewarded me with some treasure which was located one level down and it contained one gold coin. (what a ripp-off!).

I then just went exploring in the same area as the treasure except I think I went down a level or two down from there. This is when I killed a big worm type thing and a bunch of Ratmen.

I then went down another level or two and found an area with I think some of the Ylslides as they are very fast with metal armour. I killed about 5 or 6 of them with fireballs and found a room with a diary from a guy called Iserbius and there was what kind of looked like a fishtank with a little Troll and little creature in there. I took my sword, and broke the glass, and killed the creature because I like Trolls and left the Troll alone. That's where I am now and I now have no idea what to do.

Thanks for listening. I appreciate any help.
Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:27 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

If you have a save at just before you went into the part where you killed the Ylsides, load and don't go in there yet. If not, just get out and go back to city. You should talk to Carlos, the King, and to his Advisor guy, and the snake lady in there. Then you should trigger the cut scene to move to the ring quests.

I don't know if going to the Ylside bunker would mess up the game or not. It is as you have seen a bit touchy. Once you have done the temple and go back to report you failed to destroy the meteor to everyone, not just the king, it should go to next part. Hope it works. As for the rats and the worm, that is a quest, but a side one, so doing it already is not problem.

Hope this was some help.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:03 am
mgeorge
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I do have a save before the Ylsides, however I hate to go back before that as those guys were tough and I'd hate to fight them again, however if I have to I will. I think I'll try to go back to the city and talk to everyone and see if that triggers the quest.

I know I talked to Felnor, and he didn't say anything and I also went to see the snake lady who also had nothing new to say and the King as well. I really hope the game isn't screwed up as I'm starting to get pretty involved in it and would hate to start over.

Again, thanks for you time and advice.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:25 am
mgeorge
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I give up! I went back to the city and talked to everybody and no new quest was given to me. Neither Carlo, the snake lady, Felnor, or the King have added anything new. Prior to killing the Ylsides, I had already talked to everybody with the same result. This must be some sort of glitch in the game, and it's really annoying.

Does anyone know of a way to trigger something new, maybe in the ini files or something? Again, I appreciate all the help, but if nothing can be done other than starting the whole game over I think I'll just uninstall and go on to something else. I really like the game but don't want to go through that.

Of course it could just be something stupid on my part or something that I missed, so if that's the case please let me know. Thanks again.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:56 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Only one tip I can give. Did you touch the meteor? I mean try to touch, use, and hit? Try that and then back to city.

Don't give up just yet. Let me look at the walkthrough and see if I remember anything. You can also send an email to JulienRoby@arkane_studios.com and ask for help. He has had people send save games to him and helped them at times. Even though that has been a while now.

I may not get a chance to really look for a few days, so maybe someone else will have a clue as well before then. Hold out a few at least before uninstall. Also go to Jowood forums and see if they can help there as well. I will post or pm if I get a brain storm here.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:14 am
mgeorge
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

OK I'll try that and see what happens.

Thanks again.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:54 am
mgeorge
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks CM. I went back there and apparently I must not have double clicked on the meteor because when I did so, I saw a small cut scene, went back to the city and got the quest!

I lost quite a bit of progress, but that's OK. I guess it was my own stupidity and not the games fault, although there's still not enough explanation for certain things in the game IMO.

Thanks very much!
Post Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:25 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Glad you got it fixed, and I agree about the explanation part. They go me confused on what to do as far as use F key, or just click on it or what. Hopefully they have heard enough complaints that that won't be an issue in Arx2.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:00 am