Best way.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Drywall
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Best way.

What is the best way to gain experience in the early game. I am still a level 0. So far I am just roaming the countryside trying to pick off the lesser beasts. I have completed some of the tasks people have set for me so far, but most are just to difficult for me to take on without dying. I would like to continue expanding knowlege and skill without "joining" a perticular group.

Any ideas?

-Drywall
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:53 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

First trie to get into the City you can get a lot of XP there for easy things (Like getting some info from someone, you don't get a lot of xp but you go up a level or 3 then you can train, go to lares go to Onar do some quest (No beating up still to hard mostly) By then you will be like level 5-7 and you are ready to beat up wolfs, rats ect ect do that and you soon will be level 10 then go beat up some people by Onar ect ect ect....

*EDIT* The topic fits better in Spoiler...

Gothic II Credits
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:17 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

If you want a lot of experience early in the game, here's some advice.

1) Save the game frequently. Alternate between save slots.

2) Do as many quests in the city, at the mercenary camp, and at the farms/tavern, as possible without joining a particular group. (Example: You can do quests for the mercenaries as if you were planning to join the mercenaries, without actually joining them.)

3) After you've gone through the entire map, killing everything you can possibly kill, go back to the areas you skipped. Chances are by now your able to kill creatures you weren't previously able to kill.

(Before I made it past the first chapter, I killed almost every single creature in Khorinis. The only ones I was unable to kill in chapter one were the stronger undead ones...)
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:15 am
Drywall
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks!

Thanks for the advise!!!! I have begun doing the quests at the merc camp, and am surprised at just how many quests there are in the camp.

Things are lookin up.

-Drywall
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:10 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

almost every man/woman with a name will get u a quest and for that u get exp also heheh
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:33 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity

3) After you've gone through the entire map, killing everything you can possibly kill, go back to the areas you skipped. Chances are by now your able to kill creatures you weren't previously able to kill.

(Before I made it past the first chapter, I killed almost every single creature in Khorinis. The only ones I was unable to kill in chapter one were the stronger undead ones...)

Oh and what about Shadow beast, the hidden orcs, the wargs ect ect...

Gothic II Credits
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:15 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Wargs, shadow beasts, and orcs are easy to kill in first chapter... You just have to wait until you've killed everything else, and spent your level points wisely.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:20 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
Wargs, shadow beasts, and orcs are easy to kill in first chapter... You just have to wait until you've killed everything else, and spent your level points wisely.

Mm what level where you then and what skills (I suppose 1hd and a lot of STR), but I bet you could't take the Orc Elite....
Now that I think about it: It's is possible if you train in long range: You can find the Crossbow (55 DMG 45 DEX) in the world, and if you train Crossbow then you can take alot of beast but it's kind of borring then I think....

Gothic II Credits
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:24 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Certain creatures like the snorting dragon snapper are too difficult to kill with a sword at close range. I used a bow with 20 damage to kill that one... Ors are easy to kill by shooting a couple times, running, shooting a couple times, running, etc...

Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:31 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Plse help

I am now at level 12, with light merc armour and also str 65 with the orc slayer. I manage to kill shadowbeast and solitary skeletons ( leave me with very very low health tho ) but I could never kill a warg

I even try both 1 H orc slayer (dmg 65 ) & 2 H paladin (dmg 40 )
Everytime...they will attack me in a group and my bow is no help either.
Any strategy or tips, guys? They seems to be tougher than orc dogs

Thanks
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:18 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

hm... drywall, i now know you are already past lv0, but when yous tart the game, first read all the books in xardas' tower, you wil get 25 exp per book.
when i entered khorinis for the fist tim, i was already lv2 or something...
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:58 am