Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Tips on Followers (Shrat, Dusty, Mud, Lester, etc.)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You'll have to try it to be sure, but my guess (based on previous behavior) is that he would go with you to the Old Fort, but would not follow you back across the bridge. You'd have to do the "leap off the cliff into the river" again to get him to go beyond the bridge (or cheat and insert him again after you get across the bridge).

You can either possess them and the use "edit abilities" or you can get them in focus and use "edit focus". Once in edit, update FLAGS setting.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:25 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there imposteraz,- - - you son of a gun!

I was pleasantly surprised to see you "lurking" on the boards recently.

I always suspected that one day you would return to complete the "mission"

I personally never continued after the Mud/Sleeper thing, (phew! never again)
I am trying this fistfight thing but it is most awkward and requires high dex'
(my fingers need to have the speed of a courtroom stenographer)

Good point by MageofFire re: the bridge, Hmm would have to try that.

Milten seems to be "the" man, i noticed you said "fight", with weapons? or
did any computerised fighting use magics? surely not random magics?

As for shrat, yeh, he stays affilliated to the templars (even if you change his
guild and trueguild) he killed me one time but would not kill Mud! It is a shame that many of the gothic cheaty things have been "ironed out" in G2.

Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:26 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Hey there, Wulf!

I've mostly been hanging around in the G2 forums lately, but did manage to sneak back to G1 to complete my mission.

As for Milten "fighting", it depends on what you equip him with. He'll use hand weapons and/or missle weapons if you remove his spell runes. You can also equip him with spell runes other than his default Fireball rune. Just make sure you have the one you want him to use equiped as position "4" and remove any hand and missile weapons, and he will use the spell you want him to. With the right spell, he can be a big help in the Temple.

Good luck with the fist fight championships!

Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:18 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you set Mud's level at 999 will you get 9990 EXP for beatibg him up?
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:37 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Hmmm, I don't know. Give it a try and let us know.

There are other ways to cheat and get lots of EP, so I never really looked at this idea.

Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:21 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I would love to give it a try but i don,t know how
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:44 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

It's easy. Just get into marvin mode (enter the status screen, type "marvin" (without the ") and exit status).

Then focus on the NPC you want to change and press F2 to enter console mode.

Once in console, type "edit focus" and you'll see a list of the various attibutes of that NPC.

Type "level = 999" and exit console mode (press F2 again).

The flail away at the poor dude and see what you get.

Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:15 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I did it and you do get 9990 EXP That would be quite a good way to earn a bit of experience.
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:38 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Could you edit monsters aswell? if you could then you could make a super hard version of gothic with mega strong monsters! I might have to try that
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:47 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yes Graham 2,

But don't you allready have this by being weak at the beginning of the game? For a game with more challenge, try to get through the game in a weaker state. ? ? then the monsters WILL be tough.
Post Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:13 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

After playing with G2 for awhile, I'm back to doing unnatural acts with G1.

This time I'm collecting followers but making all of them mortal. This means I need to pay closer attention to them and supply them with herbs and potions to heal up. On the other side, I've been upgrading their stats to keep pace with me, rather than just leaving them alone like I do when I leave them as immortals.

I've come up with a general rule that makes them useful to have around, but not so powerful as to throw the whole game out of whack:

1. I set their hit points to be about 2/3 what I have for my hero and advance them as my hero goes up in level.

2. I set their Str and Dex at about 3/4 what my hero has and give them weapons to suit, based on what I can find, buy or steal.

3. I give them armor that is about one level below what my hero is wearing (and I only have him wearing what he can legitimately buy or is given). Since you normally can't buy extra suits of armor above that of Digger/Scraper/Novice, I just use Marvin cheats to take from defeated foes. To keep this cheat from affecting the game too much, I never sell any stolen armor when it's no longer needed -- I just put it in a chest in one of the camps.

4. Other than that, I give them any extra rings and/or amulets that I come across. I also give them food, herbs and potions to heal up.

5. To keep the right balance between having them run away from molerats and charging to attack demons, I set their Level to about double that of my hero (as the hero, I'm willing to attack things I probably shouldn't ).

Right now I'm running around in Ch 3 (just after Orc Cemetery) with Shrat, Dusty and Baal Lukor. To get Lukor, I did a "hero export lukor" for him once we got to the point where I was to use the Orc Teleport scroll. Then, after he went nuts, I smacked him down and took his stuff, but didn't kill him. When he got back up again, I ran out of there and back to before the winch. He followed, trying to attack me all the way. Once beyond the winch, I smacked him again. While he was down, I possesed him and did a "hero import lukor".
This reset him back to before he went nuts and he was happy to follow me around again.

Once outside the Cemetery, I just inserted Lukor and imported him again. He was quite happy to follow me around outside the Cemetery, too.

The only problem I'm trying to solve is how to get Lukor to use magic. In the Cemetery he complains that his mana is too weak, but his stats say that he is a Circle 6 age with 100 mana points. I've equiped him with runes and taken away his weapons, but instead of throwing spells at monsters, he just runs in and attacks bare handed!

If anyone has any info on what I need to modify in Lukor's stats (or .zen file) to get him to use magic, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

When I entered the Cemetery I was able to save the lives of 3 or the 4 Templers Lukor had with him. I'm thinking of importing Shrat over them, upgrading their stats and renaming them (so I can tell them from the "actual" Shrat). Then I will have 3 Templars in the group, too.

From what I understand, you can actually insert as many Shrats as you want and they will all follow you around just fine, but I'd like to have an in-game reason for each follower -- in this case, these are the Templars assigned to Lukor and Lukor is now following me, so they also are now following me.

I'll let you know how that works out.

Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:47 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there imposteraz,

Just quickly before i go to bed, I am reading your words and i can picture every thing that you are doing, it is good, i am very interested in Lukor's
Weirdness, you will know the the one to compare stats with (for Lukor) would be "the man" - - - Milten! - look at fight tactics (i'm not sure of "0") but 1,3,5
and others make a difference. As you also have said previously, does not "setting-up" the magics F4 button prior to de-possessing Lukor work? - also, is not the imported Lukor "different" (he would have to be the natural one - - because hero import uses the modified one?
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:05 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Wulf, you are the man!

Yes, the fight tactics was the answer. I compared the .zen file of the exported Lukor with that of an old Milten I have around (from a previous play) and Milten has a fight tactic of 25 while Lukor's had been set to 3 (tactics 0-7 are various fighter modes). After I changed Lukor to fight tactics 25 he was throwing fireballs like a champ!

Apparently, this is how Lukor was "disabled" by the designers, they set him to a fighter-only fight tactic.

Now I have a Mage that will follow me around anywhere in the VoM and use magic in my service (evil grin!).

As for the other issue, I did pull those rescued Templers out of the Orc Cemetery and, once they had be overlain with a modified Shrat, they follow me around just fine. The only problem is naming them. I can set the names to something other than "Shrat" but the new name doesn't stick across a save and reload -- the names go back to "Shrat" for all. Other than that, I just set them up with their original stats, except I increased their Life points to 200 (since they only had 5 to start, so the Orcs could kill them with one blow).

I had an interesting time taking the whole group through the Fog Tower tunnels and fighting skeletons. The generic Templers were quite happy to beat up any skeletons that came along. The biggest headache was keeping the group together through that "maze of twisty passages" (old gaming reference for any of those old enough to remember ).

In looking at those .zen files, I was able to figure out how to make ANY NPC into a follower. First you possess an NPC, do a hero export, edit the .zen file to make curRoutine=string:RTN_FOLLOW_1356 and then do a hero import back on top of the NPC. Now the NPC will follow you around just like Shrat! Maybe I'll go back and do those generic Templers this way, instead of overlaying them with an exported Shrat.

Beware, though, the NPCs modified this way don't lose their natural allegiances. I turned one of the castle gate guards into a follower, then ran over and started beating up Bloodwyn. While the other followers just watched and made comments, the gate guard started shooting me with his crossbow!

Now I just need a way to set followers so they will treat Orcs like monsters, instead of like NPC's. If anyone has any suggestions, please speak up.

That's all for now. So, what do you think?

Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:12 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there imposteraz,

That is really top class news about the fight tactics, only did that once,

I am gaining much "awareness" from your given info' to the point that i am now considering on starting a new "altered" game.

Could a "statted-up" skeleton mage now follow me through the game as a buddy? - - yes of course, with ice block & sleep spells.

Your info' has given me much to do, the first thing will be to edit/study the "ulu-mulu" (the flag clues are there) (the orc immune factor)

Your info feedback is some of the most interesting on the Gothic forum.
I will come back with more info as i gain more about this.

Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:00 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Wulf,

Thanks for the kind words!

I've been playing around with .zen file updates and turning other NPC's into followers.

Just recently I had Gorn, Dusty, Lester, Shrat, Baal Lukor and 3 of his Orc Cem templers following me. It was quite a show watching them attack the Troll that guards the Focus Stone in the northern mountains! Baal Lukor was throwing Firestoms like crazy while Gorn was taking chunks out with his axe. My hero was running around acting as bait and the rest were distracting the Troll until Lukor and Gorn finally killed it. I also found out that using Ball Lightning will "stun" the Troll, even though it won't take off any life points. This helped keep the Troll away from Lukor and Gorn until they took it out.

You can set any NPC to be a mage and use magic by adding the overlay HUMANS_MAGE near the beginning of their .zen file and setting their fight tactic to 25.

I still haven't come up with a way to make NPC's attack Orcs (without being attacked by the Orcs first, that is). I'll keep looking, though, and let everyone know when I do.

Now that I'm a Water Mage and on my way to see Xardas, I may give in to the Dark Side and switch to using Demons, Skeleton Mages and Skeleton Warriors as my followers (Buwah haha!).

Then there's the other idea of bringing a few of the girls along and setting them up as my version of Charlie's Angels. We'll see how purient my interests become.

Later.

Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:14 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next