informations about gothic 3
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
semaisking
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

informations about gothic 3

Deep Silver and JoWood Productions have released a pre-E3 2005 of Gothic 3 featuring half a minute of in-engine footage from the next chapter of the popular RPG series developed by Piranha Bytes. We remind you that Mike Hoge from Piranha Bytes revealed that Gothic 3 could be finished without joining a guild and the game world will consist of three different parts: a desert in the south, the landscape we already know from Gothic II and the northern part. However, they had to reduce the size of the world because they reached the limits of their technical capabilities and had to meet deadlines. Due to the deadlines, the multiplayer mode will not be implemented. Also, the player is no more forced to eat, sleep and supplying other wants regularly or by limiting the inventory. If the player will choose a higher degree of difficulty, then he could confront an Orc at the beginning of the game, instead of a wolf.

Here is a pleasant surprise: The long-awaited Gothic will soon be available in the U.S. The game is a real-time 3D action RPG in which the user is forced to survive in a prison world divided into competing factions. People must choose a character from one of four classes and develop their abilities within that faction, moving up the power structure and fighting new battles. In the beginning, the character is an outsider, and must fulfill menial chores in order to gain allies and survive. As time passes, the character earns a better reputation and is given more important things to do. In time, he becomes a powerful member of the prison.

Gothic showcases a number of unique features, including the corporeal evolution of the character's abilities using new animation; as his strength and abilities improve, the development and evolution of those talents will be visible in his movements. Gothic also presents a world that houses a complex social order; if the main character defeats a specific member of another faction, that group will become hostile toward him and attempt to exact revenge. The game features more than 200 npcs and users a third-person view with complete freedom of movement. A representative for Gothic said a U.S. distribution partner has not been signed, but should be at E3 later this month.

i will report to our forum about gothic 3 if i found out more informations.
my friend will send more at my email.
Post Sat May 28, 2005 7:04 pm
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

Gothic Was never released in the US? I live in the US and bought it 3 years ago. But maybe that explains, Why I had never heard about it before I played the demo.

Anyways, Im so hyped for Gothic 3. The Gothic 1 and 2 are right up there with Deus Ex 1, As my 3 favorite games of all time. I feel like a kid in candy shop.

And with Star Wars over with now, I have something even better to wait on.

Your Freindly Neighborhood Lunatic

"Women You can't live with them, And they hate it when you Violate small furry animals with a Jagged Stick."
Post Sat May 28, 2005 10:54 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

No more eating and sleeping????

That was one of my favorite things about the series, the way you actually could hunt things and get their meat and cook it up for some tasty treats and sleep in your bed, or some eles :p.

That sounds like a bad move to me .
Post Sun May 29, 2005 12:03 am
semaisking
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i dont know gothic 3 but it just say in informations about g3 i have no idea maybe my friend write wrong well whatever dont hate me now
Post Sun May 29, 2005 8:43 am
semaisking
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Cloaked Figure
Gothic Was never released in the US? I live in the US and bought it 3 years ago. But maybe that explains, Why I had never heard about it before I played the demo.

Anyways, Im so hyped for Gothic 3. The Gothic 1 and 2 are right up there with Deus Ex 1, As my 3 favorite games of all time. I feel like a kid in candy shop.

And with Star Wars over with now, I have something even better to wait on.

hey pal i have no idea maybe it will be but dont panic ok
Post Sun May 29, 2005 8:46 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

were ddi oyu come up with that gothic was not relesed in us.It didnt say anything about that it wasnt relesed
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Sun May 29, 2005 10:55 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Stiler
No more eating and sleeping????

That was one of my favorite things about the series, the way you actually could hunt things and get their meat and cook it up for some tasty treats and sleep in your bed, or some eles :p.

They only say it's no longer necesarry. Nobody said that it won't be possible.
Post Sun May 29, 2005 11:01 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

Um, excuse me, but I didn't notice it was necessary in G1 or G2 either...

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Sun May 29, 2005 11:54 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Wrong infos, no source. Closed.

@all:
Everybody should try to think before he posts. The niveau has gotten very low in the past weeks.

Last edited by Gorath on Sun May 29, 2005 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun May 29, 2005 12:20 pm