Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I made a plugin called Mar Lao (Please read before flaming)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Red Dragon

And how do I get Aryorn to tell me where she is?If I just go to Valenvaryon there are just Orcs.
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 8:38 am

-moriarty

once you kill ammet aryon will have gotten around to finding her location
once aryon tells you she will be in valenvaryon
I scripted it like this because she is the "final boss"
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 8:50 pm

RusseLion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Okay I accidently posted a new topic with my question, but I'll post it here too. Whenever I talk to Lao's male servant in his tower, and I choose the second dialogue option, it creates an infinite loop and asks the question again. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:48 pm
Corran-Horn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well here's what I've been playing this plot/quest with - My character's around level 60 with almost all skills above 70, have completed the main plot, am a Master in House Telvanni and Guildmaster of the Fighter's Guild. I have an array of equipment at my disposal including about half the legendary artifacts in Tamrielic Lore as well as a few devastating custom-enchanted items.

I have kind of mixed feelings about this so far... I had the same trouble another fellow here had in that I was misled a bit (partly by the documentation) into thinking that Ebeyon would be the launching point and have the answers I needed to get started on the quest. I had to leave off for a while when I got frustrated with him, and when I came back, then I found the other two NPCs who sent me on my way. That's not all bad.. it had me mentally growling for a while, but I think we need some plugins that take an investigative approach like that.

Now that I've met Mar Lao and talked to the people at his home, and am in my manhunting mindset, though, I run into the thing I definitely don't like - searching for someone through Blight storms while blinded**. I don't mind a challenge, but this is one that's really taking enjoyability away from it for me. You might consider reducing the severity of the Blind part of the curse. I had a new 'Night Eye (enhanced)' spell crafted for me at a cost of many thousand drakes just so I could see a little better, but it still doesn't help much.

**Want to make a really beloved modification for the game? I will send you love letters if you fix the Blight. I still get storms in the Ashlands, other lava areas, and around Red Mountain even though Dagoth and all his pesty wannabe buddies are toast. I hate this because one of my game-wrap-up quests is to explore the parts of the map that I haven't been to yet.

You asked for thoughts about having Marriage in your next plugin. I'm cautiously in support.. I was disappointed that there wasn't more solid romance in the official game, it seemed sorely lacking since most of my RPGs so far have been Planescape and Final Fantasy. Seems like creating an NPC/NPCs that everyone will like a lot and be willing to tie their character too would be hard though.

I think you should try to have something like a casual conversation with an NPC (bar chatter?) where your answers to questions are used by a script to determine some of the characteristics* of the NPC who becomes your mate... if that is possible.... that way you can please a lot more players without going to the trouble to create 3 or 4 separate characters each with their own home and plot connections... - Or you could take the convenient way out and have the PC's actions somehow enormously benefit Divayth Fyr so he offers to 'design' you a mate

*tough/sensitive, race, and a couple of physical attributes. You could randomize the race if the player answers that it doesnt matter. LOL... I could see some people saying that and then rethinking and reloading when they end up with an Orc bride
Post Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:24 am
Corran-Horn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Update - I've just finished sending Ammet to his watery grave.

I'd never have thought to move Ebeyon's pillow if I hadn't seen it given away here. I think you should have the note sticking out just enough so it's visible to someone who's looking around carefully. Or maybe relocate it to the fireplace and color it partly grey, as if Ebeyon went to burn it but the fire was weak, hastily made, and died after he left.
Post Fri Jul 12, 2002 8:40 pm
southren
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

great story

Just finished the mod and it was excellent- I never got poisoned, however- Mar Lao's house in the end is cool and great place to stay- Hope you do more work on this story and another mod!
Post Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:32 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3