A Separate Thread Is Needed For This RPG.dot started rumour
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Lord Thale
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A Separate Thread Is Needed For This RPG.dot started rumour

Plex", Community Manager of the JoWood forums, has made a post about the international release of 'Gothic II'. JoWood is going to comment on the issue within the next "two weeks". At the same time, Plex has archived all posts from the original 'Gothic II' forums.
Hmm.. just like so often this could mean several things . JoWood has either cancelled the international release or they are planning on a fresh start w/o all the negative comments about the delay of the int'l versions. A third possibility is that JoWood has found a partner who wants to put up his own forums for the game and that the English 'Gothic II' JoWood boards will be shut down after the official announcement. We'll once again have to wait and see...

That was from the news section. I dont see where the author of this post substantiated his/her claims aboout the possible cnacellation of the US release. Was this substantiated? I may have missed it. If not then this is nothing more that an rpg.dot started rumor. Not good to do.
Post Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:35 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Since no claims are made there's nothing to substantiate. The newsbit simply points out there are several logical possibilities for wanting to start the G2 forums over in light of a pending announcement. The reader can draw their own conclusions. Since I doubt the release is cancelled (just my opinion - no facts claimed), I presume it happened to pave the way for a release announcement.
Post Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:10 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm pretty sure Plex archived it because of all the spam, there WAS alot of it, since Plex hadn't been spending much time in the english forums for awhile it really built up.
Post Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:27 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Thanks, Dhruin. I couldn't have said it better .
Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:43 pm