Usergroups
help with gothic
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
MoosePunk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ok i guess im a moron but i cannot figure out how to use my skill points after getting a level up in the demo. please help a needy moron!

PLEASE HELP I NEED MORE STRENGTH!

[ This Message was edited by: MoosePunk on 2001-09-27 19:34 ]
Post Fri Sep 28, 2001 12:23 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Whelp...

There are a few people that you can go to for upgrading yourself. Through skillpoints, of course.

Diego - Strength & Dexterity (Mandatory)

Scatty - One-Handed sword skills (Not Recommended)

Fingers - Lockpicking & Pickpocketing (optional)

Drax - Hunting skills (Not Recommended)

Each skill costs 10 skill points. So it's recommended that you should just cheat for 10000 skill points, and get everything. Other than leveling up. It will take you approximately 10 days to do everything in the demo. While playing moderately.

-Kevin
Post Fri Sep 28, 2001 1:32 am
PraetorJudis
Village Leader
Village Leader

I'm not anti-cheating... I just don't understand why you'd need to in this demo. It's pretty damn well balanced.

I'd go for first level sword and second lockpick, with the rest of your points in strength...

Post Fri Sep 28, 2001 3:16 am
Kveldulf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

THe cheating is for after you've completed all the quests and are waiting to buy the full version. Some of us have been playing these three demos for months and it sometimes seemed as if the full version would never be announced for the U.S.. I don't speak German and at first all that was availible were the two German language demos, I didn't understand what the NPC's were telling me to do, so I just ran around causing trouble, and every time I was just getting bored with it I discovered a new level or feature to the game. Btw, talking to Torrez can raise your mana, and it only costs one skill point at a time.
Post Fri Sep 28, 2001 4:11 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The most important is definately Strength, because it´s directly responsible for the damage you cause and a certain level of Strength is needed to use better weapons.

In the _full_ version cheating is for sure no good idea. You can solve the beginner quests in all 3 camps. If you think before you fight and do your best to keep your eyes and your options open, there is absolutely no need for cheating. With cheating the full game will be way too easy.

Post Fri Sep 28, 2001 4:17 am
Torsten (Piranha Bytes)
Lord of Gothic
Lord of Gothic

The release date is the 15th of Nov.
For some cheating could be versus game fun. For others it is enhanced gaming.
So you should not cheat if you want to figure out what is behind the demo part.
But this is up to you.

I hope every one enjoys GOTHIC

Torsten

P.S.: If there are any questions relating to non cheating gaming, i will be back to this page soon. Please start the threat with @PB, so it is easier for me to find the entries
Post Mon Oct 08, 2001 12:17 pm
Lugorgo(theGermanGothicer
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I hope every one enjoys GOTHIC

There won't be anyone, who don't like it! (I hope so!)!
Post Sat Oct 13, 2001 7:43 pm

Is it possible to cheat in the English Demo version? I've looked all over the net, and all I can find is to put Test mode from 0 to 1 in the .ini; but it doesn't say which section, and there is NO test mode in the .ini file, also, none of the other parameters have a space in them... I tried putting testmode=1 under each section, and when i load up gothic, F2 doesn't bring up the console, but interestingly enough, if i put testmode=1 under [INTERNAL] and load the game, F2 doesn't work, but when I check the .ini again, it's been deleted. So if you know of any other way to cheat in the english demo, or what i'm doing wrong, please let me know!
Post Thu Oct 18, 2001 11:19 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The Gothic demo is a cheater´s dream!
To open the console:
1.open character screen
2.type marvin
3.DON´T press Enter
4.close the character screen with s or Esc
5.The top left corner should say "Marvin mode"
6.Press F2 to open the console.

Cheatlists can be found on the two German fanpages. The commands are in English .

http://www.worldofgothic.de/
http://gothic.gomp.net/
Post Fri Oct 19, 2001 12:14 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Why is every skill other than Strength not recommended? I am reposting this because I think I put it inthe wrong thread...Any comments?

I have been playing the English Demo (being American) for a couple of weeks now and just found this forum. I have tried all sorts of different scenarios to try and complete the game. Became a Thief and stole what I could to upgrade my equipment. Killed all the critters to gain experience. Fought (and died quickly) in the ring to gain experience and complete a mission. I have even resorted to picking fights with Diggers (Shadows kill you quick and you can forget the Guards) where sometimes I win, sometimes they run away and sometimes I get snuffed buy a Guard for fighting with a Digger. I just cannot seem to find a way to get into Diego’s favor to enter the Castle. I have tried to enter the Castle but end up on the ground oozing blood. I have over 1400 Ore and was thinking of bribing Thorus or continue fighting until I can get enough experience (have over 4200) to upgrade One Handed Sword Fighting to skill level 2.
Now I see that you can not complete the Demo? That stinks…

Sylvio
Post Wed Oct 31, 2001 2:58 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You need a certain level of strength to equip better weapons. There are possibilities to get some pretty good toys early in the game.

The second reason is that strength adds directly to damage...
Post Wed Oct 31, 2001 7:30 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I got into the Castle last night I got a ton of stuff picking locks. Speaking of getting in to the Castle…the audio did not work talking to the NPCs. Is this a bug, the audio work in all other instances of game play, walking, the grindstone, getting yelled at, just not in conversations with others? Also, in the room where the babe is lying on the bed are two chests that I can’t pick. Do I need lock picking skill level two or don’t they open?

[ This Message was edited by: Ragnar on 2001-11-01 15:14 ]
Post Thu Nov 01, 2001 3:58 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

[quote]
On 2001-11-01 09:58, Ragnar wrote:
quote:

Cheatlists can be found on the two German fanpages. The commands are in English .

http://www.worldofgothic.de/
http://gothic.gomp.net/

Using this site http://www.altavista.com/sites/babelfish to translate from German to English, I went to the second sites cheat page http://gothic.gomp.net/tips/cheats.html
and copied the tables (well done) to Word. Then I used http://www.translate.ru/eng/other.asp to translate the words that Babelfish could not. It did a pretty good job but there are still some words that do note translate. Is there anyone who would like to help me finish this translation?

All are welcome to the finished doc if they do not want to go through the steps themselves.

[ This Message was edited by: Ragnar on 2001-11-01 15:12 ]
Post Thu Nov 01, 2001 4:19 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ok…I’m seeing a lot of posts around the forum about censorship in one way or the other. Are the settings in any of the files that can be edited to eliminate the censoring? I prefer to play my games the way I see my movies…uncut & unedited.

Sylvio
Post Thu Nov 01, 2001 9:39 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Hmm, many questions. Here are some answers.
A patch to remove the bikini was posted months ago; blooddetail can be changed in the Gothic.ini.
In the castle PB left out the digitized speech because you are not supposed to enter it in the demo.
Every door (except one or two they overlooked) and every chest can be opened. If you can´t pick the lock you need a key.
Post Thu Nov 01, 2001 10:56 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next