RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Re: I had a dream...

quote:
Originally posted by Rawis
Last night/morning i dreamed about playing Gothic 2!
It was very wierd, you were supposed to do some tasks in the beginning of the game, like a tutorial. But the quests wasn't very... normal. You were supposed to kill all the chickens in town. Then i remember looking at the quest list and seeing "take a nap"... wtf? And the game wasn't very funny either... I must be insane.

Anyway, when is the game going to be released now when they got Infogrames as their distributor?

Yep. Your insane... just kidding.

quote:
That's nothing, I have dreams every other night about Gothic 2.
I remember one particularly funny one:

When I entered some sort of tomb, A mummy that looks like Gomez suddenly jumped in front of me and it told me join him or something like that . So I joined him and we started killing everyone in town.

One of my favorite things to do in Gothic was save the game and then go on killing sprees. I don't know why, but it was more fun than the killing sprees in GTA3. I literally spent hours luring MOBS, like the undead zombie dude and the giant troll guy into the castle. I'd gather them both up along with some uber mobs and make them chase me into the inner castle. Then I'd go down stairs and get some popcorn and watch the show. It lasted about 2 hours and I didn't get bored for 1 second. Between summoning an army of skeletons and the uber mobs in the castle, by the time the fighting stopped nearly every single mortal NPC inside the castle was dead. That was fun... Hopefully in Gothic 2 there are MOBS you can lure into castles or villages/towns and watch the guards get their a**es kicked by them. (If their normal guards you'll be rich from their loot! Just make sure you don't kill the wrong NPCs... I usually load a previously saved game after I go on my killing sprees, just to be safe.)
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Mon May 05, 2003 8:04 am
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

y0 guardian, im only playing man, dont take it to heart.. i was just bored and was typing a load of you know what. ive leart my lessons from the two warnings

hey,, does anyone know a rpg game for pc that is like gothic????
Post Mon May 05, 2003 12:43 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

It depends on what you want; if it's freedom of action you want, you should try Morrowind; if it's a similarly dark and gritty atmosphere you want, you might try Arx. Ultima 9 is said to have been a lot like Gothic, but I haven't played it so I dont know. Redguard was an adventure, but it had similar graphics (it is, however, an older game).
Post Mon May 05, 2003 12:59 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
It depends on what you want; if it's freedom of action you want, you should try Morrowind; if it's a similarly dark and gritty atmosphere you want, you might try Arx. Ultima 9 is said to have been a lot like Gothic, but I haven't played it so I dont know. Redguard was an adventure, but it had similar graphics (it is, however, an older game).

i didnt like morrwind when i baught it..i thought it was really bad actually..so i traded it in for anno 1503..lol
i want something like gothic with guilds and all..i know morrowind had that but it wasnt for me..
Post Mon May 05, 2003 1:22 pm
Xardas_The_Necromancer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just ban him, he deserves it, well back to the topic!

I've never had a dream about a certain videogame or something like that. But I too is very eager to get the game in my hands, sitting up night and day to make the game!
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:42 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Well, only 12 more days until i get my copy.
Do you have the release dates for Sweden yet?
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:18 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2