Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Which master is the best to work for as an apprentice?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Which master is the best to work for as an apprentice?
Constantino (Alchemist)
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
Bosper (Bowmaker)
45%
 45%  [ 17 ]
Hagad (Smith)
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 37

Author Thread
jediphx
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

also if I dont join with Constantino does that mean that I wont be able to learn magic spells etc? I would really like to be like a spellsword
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:48 pm
Admiral Nelson
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by jediphx
so if I dont choose Harod there will be another chance for me to learn to forge swords later?

Bennet can teach you if you join the merc's or set him free in chapter 3 and a DH smith can teach you in chapter 4 i think...
Harad can only show you how to make a self-forged sword anyway, and he doesn't sell weapons till chapter 2 anyway.
Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:00 pm
mutko_dr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok so there are many differences...
If you are playing the NOTR Add-On so listen...
If you're a Mercenary it's best to work for Harad...
It's very hard to make money for the Dragon Hunter's armor...
Just buy steel from Bennet and forge about 300 swords to have money for everything
But there is also another thing...
You must actually choose!
To work for Harad is to have tons of money...
But you'l actually need strength!
Especially if you're a Two-Hander!
To have the Ore Heavy Dragon Slayer isn't very easy!
You need about 170 Str.
So it's also very good to work for Constantino.
He teaches you to make Elixir of Strength.
And just don't work for Bosper and don't spend LP for things like skin, take claws and stuff...
To have the best weapons in the game costs much LP for strength...
It's like same for a Paladin...
But for Mage is harder to choose for whom to work...
You will need money...
But you will also want to have the recipe for Pure Mana...
So you need Constantino for that...
But i preffer Harad...
Right now i'm Playing a Mercenary and Paladin.
With the paladin i work for Harad becouse his final weapon doesn't require so much Strength.
But with my Mercenary i work for Constantino to learn the recipe for Elixir Of Strength...
Becouse i'm a Two Hander with my Merc...
Well i can really wield the last weapon working for Harad but...
it's better now to work for Constantino...
I'l be able to equip the weapon earlier that way...
Post Mon May 01, 2006 2:13 pm
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Best for a mage is Bosper. You do not even need to learn skinning in order to become his apprentice, you can collect the pelts in the various bandits tents/caves. Saves you LP and means you don't need to give any dragons root/kings sorrel to Costantino.

In NOTR I would learn the skill from bosper because I believe the cost has been reduced in LP terms.
Post Mon May 01, 2006 2:35 pm
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

quote:
Originally posted by mutko_dr

But with my Mercenary i work for Constantino to learn the recipe for Elixir Of Strength...

You do not need to work for constantino to get the recipe.
Post Mon May 01, 2006 2:37 pm
mutko_dr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by bjon045
quote:

Then how to ?
The Magicians of Fire doesn't have it...
The magicians of Water also doesn't have it...
The Alchemist in Khorinis also doesn't have it...
Can't learn it anywhere in Valley Of Mines...
The herb witch Sagita also doesn't have it...
Where to learn it then?
Oh...
And the Pirate Camp also doesn't have it...
Maybe the Bandit camp in NOTR World is the only other place left? Or i'm mistaken?
Post Tue May 02, 2006 11:00 am
mutko_dr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Best for a mage is Bosper. You do not even need to learn skinning in order to become his apprentice, you can collect the pelts in the various bandits tents/caves. Saves you LP and means you don't need to give any dragons root/kings sorrel to Costantino.

In NOTR I would learn the skill from bosper because I believe the cost has been reduced in LP terms.

Hmmm...
In NOTR i would work for Harad becouse of the money...
To learn to forge costs only 2 LP..
And to get the best spell you need like 300 mana.... or it was more?
Doesn't actually remember...
But for that spell you'l have to get the best items that give you Mana and to save very much of you LP for Mana...
Post Tue May 02, 2006 11:03 am
Black_Rider
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I choose Harad, I always wanted to be a smith since g1, and especially in notr there is quite a collection of swords you can make, with few el bastardo you solve your financial probs in gamenow for the lp matter...it does cost a lot, but its more profitable! An other option is Bosper, the skins are worthy... but you can't find many black troll furs...he pays a lot for them! As for Constantino i don't really care... you can use all those dark mushrooms for yourself, and as the alchemy goes....you can start with Ignaz after his experiment...then there is the herbwitch, and besides all that if you learn a bit from alchemy Constantino can teach you as well
"It is the color of a bleached skull, his flesh; and the long hair which flows below his shoulders is milk-white. From the tapering, beautiful head stare two slanting eyes, crimson and moody, and from the loose sleeves of his black gown emerge two slender hands, also the color of bone."
Post Tue May 02, 2006 3:42 pm
mutko_dr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Black_Rider
I choose Harad, I always wanted to be a smith since g1, and especially in notr there is quite a collection of swords you can make, with few el bastardo you solve your financial probs in gamenow for the lp matter...it does cost a lot, but its more profitable! An other option is Bosper, the skins are worthy... but you can't find many black troll furs...he pays a lot for them! As for Constantino i don't really care... you can use all those dark mushrooms for yourself, and as the alchemy goes....you can start with Ignaz after his experiment...then there is the herbwitch, and besides all that if you learn a bit from alchemy Constantino can teach you as well

Well learn the best forging skills only if you're One Hander with Strength...
Otherwise it's just wasting of LP...
No matter how much time it costs you but you can spend only 2 LP and buy the best stuff in the game...
Just learn to forge self forged sword and go to Bennet and buy steel from him then sell the swords to harad...
And there is another bug that i actually found ...
But i ain't good at English so you may not understand me
But...
When you work for Harad and you make a Self Forged Sword or other sword that you can sell to harad.
Equip you let's say you have Ruby Blade.
So equip your Ruby Blade and go to Harad.
Tell him that you want to sell your forged weapons and you'l sell your Ruby Blade and he'l give you the money..,
But!
When you open your Inventory the Ruby Blade will still be there!
It'l just be unequiped ...
So everytime before you sell sword to Harad equip the Sword First...
You can open your Inventory menu and equip the sword while you speak with harad...
And like every 3 seconds you make 150gold from a single Self Forged Sword that you sell him...
You can try and find out how to open your Inventory while you speak with Harad.
It's good to open your inventory with "Mouse Button 2" or "Right Mouse Button"
Post Tue May 02, 2006 3:51 pm
Black_Rider
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the info ..I know the Bennet kinda bug, but hadn't noticed it on Harad.
I mostly use two-handers, but as the game suggests, you can be pretty good at both styles, but i mostly concentrate on 2-handed combat and loads of strength, thankfully the stone tablets can be quite helpfull!!
"It is the color of a bleached skull, his flesh; and the long hair which flows below his shoulders is milk-white. From the tapering, beautiful head stare two slanting eyes, crimson and moody, and from the loose sleeves of his black gown emerge two slender hands, also the color of bone."
Post Tue May 02, 2006 4:00 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yes, you can learn sword making from Bennet on Onar's farm and from Jan at the castle in the VoM (after the Dragon Hunters arrive there). You can only learn how to make Magic Ore blades fom Bennet and then only if you are a Merc, though.

If you are running NotR, then Constantino is best because the AddOn world is just full of Dark Mushrooms and Digger Meat you can sell to him.

Harad is good too, if you learn to make the better swords -- those you will get a good deal of money for.

Bosper is OK if you make a point of hunting down trolls and shadowbeasts (and wargs to a degree) as these will get you the most money for a skin.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Tue May 02, 2006 6:33 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
quote:
quote:

Then how to ?
The Magicians of Fire doesn't have it...
The magicians of Water also doesn't have it...
The Alchemist in Khorinis also doesn't have it...
Can't learn it anywhere in Valley Of Mines...
The herb witch Sagita also doesn't have it...
Where to learn it then?
Oh...
And the Pirate Camp also doesn't have it...
Maybe the Bandit camp in NOTR World is the only other place left? Or i'm mistaken?

All you need to do, is to learn some other potion recipe from an other teacher, (like a minor health potion for example). Then speak to Constantino and ask if he knows any good recipes. The old alchemist will then ask whether you have any previous knowledge about alchemy. If you have he will instruct you.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 7:31 am
Admiral Nelson
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by imposteraz
You can only learn how to make Magic Ore blades fom Bennet and then only if you are a Merc, though.

WRONG!
you can learn from him if you take him to Irdorath, regardless of guild (he's picky about the quality of the damn smithy though!! really, we have more important things to worry about you wa...)
Post Fri May 12, 2006 7:07 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2