Hardest part?!?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Hardest part?!?

To those of you that have beaten the game..

I am at the End (nearly) and am having huge difficulties! When you have to fight wave after wave after wave of enemy, is there any trick to it? I can survive for a while, but as soon as one character goes down, the others drop like flies!!

I've made it through about half of the bad guys, but I am getting annihilated now!
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:51 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

The Jedi healing power was invaluable at that stage of the game.
I'd let the other characters (I prefered having two melee types with me) take out the enemy while I used my healing powers to keep them alive and used other powers like Kill, Force Whirlwind, etc to stall enemies and make them sitting ducks.
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:17 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Caution: Spoiler below!

Spoiler:
Force heal would be great, but I went dark side, so none of my chars could do it easily. Isn't heal a light side power? In addition to that, I had to kill both of my light side jedi when I took Bastila as my apprentice. Those were my 2 good healers. I just now (5 minutes ago) beat Darth Malak with my dark side hero. I think perhaps I'll go through and do it all with a light side Jedi now. Malak was kind of a cheesy fight, just kept running around healing - fighting - run - heal - fight until I beat him..

It's about time!! This is the first RPG I've completed since Gothic!
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:10 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Life drain is a lovely force power.
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:24 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I agree with Val, the life drain series is a good substitute for the light side heal. While I played both sides, I actually didn't really enjoy the dark side as much as I though I would.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:14 am
The wizard
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Corwin and Val are right I personally have never asked them for help but I have learned a lot from Val. She is the most interresting of them all.
Post Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:33 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

I just opened up with force wave, stasis field, etc and healed the party untill my force was drained. Then I did a Monty Python (ie I ran around in circles) untill my force was refilled and repeated the process.

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:04 pm
DoS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmm i am a bit confused here. I have just finished the game with a Dark Scout/Guardian character and i had no problems whatsoever inside Star Forge. Using Master Flurry, Master Dual Weapons and an upgraded DualSaber i was smashing trough the endless boxing bags of Dark Jedis...Jolee helped a lot, then i replayed the game without him (that meas i chose to become sith lord) and even Bastila was much less usefull now that she too was dark and would get knocked out easily i was still kicking them alone. Domination Gauntlets, the good saves of the scout and Force Drain is all i used on the normal difficulty.
Post Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:36 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: Hardest part?!?

quote:
Originally posted by iplaygames2
To those of you that have beaten the game..

I am at the End (nearly) and am having huge difficulties! When you have to fight wave after wave after wave of enemy, is there any trick to it? I can survive for a while, but as soon as one character goes down, the others drop like flies!!

I've made it through about half of the bad guys, but I am getting annihilated now!

That is a tough section, especially if your friends run wild on you. I'd be trying to retreat to rest a bit and they'd be running off half dead to the next group of enemies. I finally found the trick is not to go too far into a new area and try to keep your party together so you can back off if you have to.

Have you tried going solo and luring some of them back to where you have your party? Do you have regeneration implants and the crysal that speeds up force regeneration?
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:20 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

*shrug* I go always solo through that area. Naturally I plan the char carefully along the way and equip with best possible gear, from weapons have few choices, according to situation. Good selection of Force powers and items which also affect the stats related to Force powers (WIS/CHA) and it works OK.

I personally like Jedi Guardian/Soldier combo, simply because I like more combat oriented classes. Force Wave was one of main tools of business here for me, but naturally also Force Immunity and Speed line and Energy Resistance line and different shields etc to be effective. Destroy Droid line against the bots and turrets (very lovely power, really handy, 3rd rank in it hits multiple local I have medkits on me as well, from the biggest (squad ones I think) to the standard ones. Selection of grenades doesn't hurt at all

Fun to do solo, basically Was intense, but also doable. Maybe someone can just walk like a breeze through there, cannot say, I had constant and heavy combat going on, but, it was the end and I loved to see, how my planned char worked out and was taking on a wave after a wave. Some waves went down so fast, that I had to waltz around and wait for new wave to pop. I liked especially the dark jedi waves, those lightsaber battles were cool
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:28 am
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

The hardest part

I had no problem getting through the Star Forge on the most difficult setting. I beat it several times. I played with a Soldier/Consular. I used Jolee and Juhani for my companions. If you are having problems I would recommend :
1. That each Jedi have cure and at least one have heal.
2. If you are not a consular set Jolee to be a force user. If you are a consular let Jolee fight.
3. If you find that you are in a difficult situation, let each Jedi cast their healing power at the same time. That gives everyone 70-90 vitality points at once and can tip a battle to your favor.
Post Tue May 04, 2004 6:48 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The most difficult part is when you are fighting Malak (or Raven, i forgot) beacuse i didn't have any force powers to destroy those Jedi, but when I learned how to kill him easily it was really easy, it was difficult only from the start
Post Tue May 04, 2004 8:07 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Fighting Malak

There are several ways to defeat Malak. The way your character is designed will dictate the way that you will have to fight. Once you find a way that works you have a way that works. I find that the challenge is killing him the way that I want to kill him (such as no stimulants, no force power-ups, and primarily using offensive force powers.)
Post Tue May 04, 2004 9:45 pm
aidzvill
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i dunno why there was some difficulties in the end part of the game...i see none. even the wasve after wave of dark jedi and sith soldiers. i just had force wave i think anyway its the third level of force push. i just kept on using that and then occasional heals by other jedis. As for Malak i just bought a crystal at yavin station. THe mantle of the force i think. the one with a light blue beam. I just used it with solari and another crystal that i forgot. I just kept on flurry and life packs and then occasional shields.
Post Thu May 06, 2004 11:44 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

Soldier/Guardian, master dual-wield, master flurry, best lvl lighsaber use, and two lightsabers, one with the Mantle of the Force and one with the Heart of the Guardian, the last one combined with Solari, and you can take out the strongest opponents, but I found it harder getting to Malak than destroying him, died 2 time on my way there, killed him in first try. I used Jolee and Canderous, because i found Juhani real crappy and was playing light side, and Canderous with Master Rapid Shot and Mandalorian Assault armor came in handy too.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri May 07, 2004 4:15 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next