FAQ
Members
Usergroups
creepy "observer" people
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread

creepy "observer" people

Ok, i was roaming the woods and i found some pond, i went inside the water and started looking for pearls, i came out on on the rocks was this mostly invis person in chitin armor. I look up and barely saw em, only cause of the suns glare.

I tried getting up thier to talk, but it was to far up on a rock. So i shot at it.
The thing jumped down and kicked my ass hth, then ran away and shot me iwth an arrow, killing me in one hit. The thing remained invis the whole time. This happened somewhere up in west gash

I was paranoid and freaked out after this cause i could barely see this guy. So i became mroe observant and looked carefully at everything. Then when in zafirbel bay i was running around the little islands looking for loot and towns and stuff, when i saw another "observer" (thats what i call em now) on a island, i swam over to it and then it was not thier, and i saw it one the next little island, so i swam there and again it was not thier. I never saw or have seen these wierd npc's since

Has anyone else seen these, or now any info on this cause i am curious as hell on this topic
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:42 am

Ché G.

They talk to you too and sometimes you an hear their footsteps.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 2:18 am

Ryan

Are you guys kiddin'? That is spooky and cool all at once!

Did they look like this at all:

http://www.allposters.com/Galleryc.asp?aid=67484&parentaid=0&search=predator
Post Tue May 07, 2002 10:18 am

Peregrine

I've seen them in the Arena in Vivec, and even had an NPC tell me "I can tell you're being watched." Very weird and cool.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:05 pm

coradin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I've had any number of npc's give me the "I can tell your being watched dialogue" and I've never been able to see anyone. To think that there are actually people follwing me around keeping tabs...wow. That is creepy and yet somehow strangely cool.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 4:53 pm

***Person who made this post***
I KILLED ONE. I KILLED IT HAHAHAH. I made a paralize bolt and shot the sob. Then i beat his ass in wiht my daedric sword. HAHHAHAHA this little sob has cools stuff. and heres the creepy part

he had a book written in some sorta code, cause the letteres were all scrambled and shit. but one word stands out at the bottom, it says emperor.

how do i take a scren shot so i can show you guys
Post Wed May 08, 2002 1:42 am

Aizan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

To take a screenshot, open the morrowind.ini file in the Morrowind folder.
Locate where it says Screen Shot Enable=0, and change the 0 to 1. Then press PrintScreen button on your keyboard while in game, and it will take the pic and copy it to your morrowind folder as a .bmp
Post Wed May 08, 2002 1:51 am
Colosus

I'd really like to see this. I haven't noticed the guys, but I have noticed the speach.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 4:53 pm

gladiool

little kick, i am intrigued, i have a feeling the emperor is having us "shadowed"

I have a lot of "i can feel i am being watched" too.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:59 pm

Lawnmower

Sweeeeet. I need to watch my back more carefully. Hey, maybe it isn't the Emperor. Maybe they're watching the Emperor.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 12:07 am

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Well, these fellows may be under a permanent ~95% Chamaeleon Spell If anyone can find a name for this guy, I'll be glad to browse for him in the editor.

Perhaps with the letter; you could take it to someone (Fyr, the Dwarf, or Gniss' Wizard) and have them translate it.

Also, if someone could fill me in on "Lord Cluttermonkey," the Argonian farmer who is next to omnipotent (4 Attributes Maxed, 550 Health, 8 Maxed Skills Including Destruction.).
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:19 am
Ryan

This is second-hand information, but a buddy of mine saw Lord Cluttermonkey in the editor and I believe he has one of every item in the game. My friend said there was no way into his hut, though. Did you find an entrance?
Post Tue May 21, 2002 6:54 pm

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

No, I just found him in the editor when I sorted by level, in an attempt to find the "observers".
Post Tue May 21, 2002 9:16 pm
Sir Lawrence
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

"observers"

Well, I'm not THAT far along, but I've seen one "phantom" (near Ald Velothi) by the stripper (?) that lost her ring in the pond. I can't remember if he would talk or not, but since I don't remember, I guess he didn't. I keep getting the "somebody's watching" text, but I didn't know whether it was me or the NPC talking. I've also seen phantom shadows on the walls in at least 3 places.

Does anyone know something "for sure" about these things?
Post Tue May 21, 2002 9:24 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Yes, the stripper does have an invisible friend. Once you pick up her ring (at the bottom of the pool), they will try to beat you down and rob you blind. Show them your cane!
Post Tue May 21, 2002 9:28 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next