Ehnim vs. Egill
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Ehnim vs. Egill

Who's supposed to win? Is it a good idea to intervene and help knock one of them unconscious?
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:39 pm
Nicolas
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: Ehnim vs. Egill

quote:
Originally posted by konny666
Who's supposed to win? Is it a good idea to intervene and help knock one of them unconscious?

I did... but at the end they finished killing the guy.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:48 pm
darth
Village Leader
Village Leader

It doesn't matter who wins, just let them fight, loot the loser if you wish. Its best to do this when the mercenaries are over at Akil's farm since that way the brothers are alone and the other farm people wont intervene in the fight. This way no one dies. Enhim should stay alive in any case he hands you a quest in chapter 3 and unless you are a paladin and have access to the ship you wont be able to solve..(molerat fat and the still)

For the mercs in "A farmer in need" its a good idea to pay Mika 10 GP and tell him Akil needs help, he will run over and smack the mercs for you, you will get the exp from his kills and another 50 exp for calling him to Akil's aid.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:05 pm
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I think one of brothers has a molerat fat. You can take the fat easily by this way and use it to solve the quest darth stated.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:20 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Actually, about the whole molerat fat distillery thing:

If I just steal moleratfat or get it from the boat, there is no "quest", right? I mean, is it actually a quest/mission which I get XP for solving, or do I just open the winch with moleratfat and steal all the goodies behind the gate.

There really isnt that many goodies anyways, it seems like something that was meant for a solvable quest.

Thats why I wanted to know who should win the fight. Last time I played I let Egill win (didn't intervene) and got no mission. Also Kati (!) went and killed the loser, lol. This time I was thinking of knocking out one of them before the other farmers got involved, so they both stay alive...

Anyways it seems no matter what, neither of them want to talk to you: "you caused enough trouble"... so I was wondering how to unlock that moleratfat mission...
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:11 pm
darth
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yeah like i said, do the brother quest when the mercs are at Akils farm, that way Katie and the others are too busy and no one dies.

You get the quest from Enhim in chapter 3 but you dont need him to give it to you. You can get the molerat fat off him for 70 gold OR take the one in the ship. In either case when you open the gate you get 400 exp and the quest is solved. Some extra dialogue is also available from Vino after you open it. The wine and the book in there are pretty useless anyway.

Looks like another unfinished quest to me, there was a battle there there's dead people and smoke so its recent. I'm sure its all part of some quest that never made it in the game. And it probably has something to do with the other burned out hutt near the tavern.

Or I could be full of shit
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:00 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

You'll be rewarded the experience for opening the gate whether or not you are handed the "quest" by anyone. I got the molerat fat from the ship and got the experience for opening the gate in chapter 1. I haven't even joined a guild yet. You don't need to wait until chapter 3.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:24 am
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

How do you get onto the ship in chapter 1, without being a member of any guild?
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:26 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

You climb up the big wooden crane from the docks before you reach the ramp. You might lose a little health when you jump from the top to the ship's deck. You need to avoid the guards. If you get close enough to one of them they'll kill you. They patrol the area. Just try to stay behind them. Save frequently...
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:42 pm