Advice on AC
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
shaman's tear
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Advice on AC

I've recently started playing AC to get a feel for the game/story before AC2 and I need a little help.I created an axe melee with starting stats 100/10/100/50/60/10 and specialized in axe,melee defense,lore but at level 3 he is being slaughtered by level 2 drudges.What should I put exp points in each time I level to increase my chances of survival? Is it more important to place points in attributes or skills? Help!!
Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:10 pm
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Let me see if I got this right
you have 10 endurance??
meaning you have 5 hps???

I'd definately bump up your endurance or hps.

BTW what server are you playing on, I just started to play AC too, on Frostfell. You can't beat a 20 mail in rebate on a 20 dollar game. And the rebate came in about 3 weeks too.

"Yea, so what I didn't like Planescape: Torment, what are you gonna do about it?" - Provis
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:23 am
shaman's tear
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yup 5 big 'ol hps! I'm using a template i'd seen that was supposed to be a nice set-up for melee w/ some minor spell ability but so far i'm only specializing in death heh.This stat system is a bit intimidating but also addictive so although spending most of my time running from a lifestone it's still been a fun experience.
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:33 pm
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

I used a template too (life axer), but I fiddled with it to get higher hps I think I started with 15 or so.

I'd definately try to bump up your Hps.

"Yea, so what I didn't like Planescape: Torment, what are you gonna do about it?" - Provis
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:39 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

leave the template, just get tweaked to 20ish
or make the run to arwic mines to old mines and kill lugies
overall good idea is:
1-5 HP
6-10 Stam
11-15 Endurance

yea 1st 15 levels are all life/health based, but the rest of your stats are above avg so you can let them lay for a lil while you raise your HPs
Post Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:58 pm
shaman's tear
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Actually i've canceled my account since the free 30 day trial period has expired.I really couldn't get into AC although I did like the combat style & the skill point progression system.There didn't appear to be much to do besides kill one nasty then move on to the next and it really gave me a "what's the point" feeling.And I dont think it being 'elemental spawn' month helped much as exploring became a deathfest and really frustrating.
But as Provis said..$20 game w/ $20 rebate & 1st month free i'd still recommend it to anyone curious about the world of Dereth.
Post Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:36 pm
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Heh, I canceled too. Although when I went to cancel, about 3 days before my subsciption was supposed to expire, I found that they already charged my card. Bastards charged my card before the cancelation date. I emailed complaining but they just was like "I seeing your account was renewed until Oct 16, blah blah blah." I don't think they even listened to what I said in the email.

Post Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:42 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Actually there DOZENS of great quests in AC. Not just quests for questing sake but with actual rewards that you could help you out greatly in battle. (Armors, weapons, rings, etc) Of course, none of them that you would ever discover in 1 month's time
http://www.thejackcat.com/AC/
is the rpgdot.com of ACs quests and info, I say try them out before you say there are no quests
Post Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:06 pm