Where to get NOTR
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Gabreyl
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Where to get NOTR

I've been reading the forums for awhile now but finally created an account because I had a question. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Die Nacht des Raben besides from New Worlds (www.rollenspiel-shop.de). I've emailed them numerous times trying to order the addon but I've only got one reply to my emails. I've sent them my order information but since they don't respond I guess they don't want my business. Has anyone ordered the game from another website? I know a lot of places won't ship to the US but someone besides New Worlds has too. Let me know I'm really looking forward to playing the addon with the translation mod.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:41 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to the forums!

Itīs strange that Rollenspielshop.de didnīt react. We havenīt heard a bad thing about them before.

http://www.softunity.com/ delivered to the USA, despite saying they wonīt. This is publisher Koch Mediaīs own online shop.
Of course you should consider to order one of the bundles because theyīre only slightly more expensive then the add-on alone.

I bet the English version will be released in the foreseeable future. If Spain and France get a UK version with localized subtitles, why shouldnīt at least the Brits get it too?
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:38 pm
Gabreyl
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks Gorath. Yeah I'm not sure why Rollenspielshop.de hasn't responded either. I guess I'll try softunity.com I will get the English version if it comes out but I want to play the addon now since I just got done playing Gothic again for the 3rd time and now I'm playing Gothic II for the 3rd time also. OK off to try and order the addon, hopefully these people will actually let me order from them
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:21 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

When Softunity sends cancelation mails and stuff just give them two weeks to send you the game. Maybe ditribution doesnīt know what sales wants them to do. 6 months ago it worked.
Post Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:29 am
Gabreyl
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK I was finally able to order the game from http://www.rollenspiel-shop.de. I was sent a bill through paypal and payed it this morning. My question for those that order from them did you ever get an email saying the game had shipped to you or did you just get it without any notice of shipping. Also how long did it take for you to receive it. I'm anxious to play the addon as soon as possible
Post Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:05 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Just send an E-mail and ask them, they DID tell me when i WAS going to order from them.
Post Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:23 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Gabreyl
OK I was finally able to order the game from http://www.rollenspiel-shop.de. I was sent a bill through paypal and payed it this morning. My question for those that order from them did you ever get an email saying the game had shipped to you or did you just get it without any notice of shipping. Also how long did it take for you to receive it. I'm anxious to play the addon as soon as possible

Normally you'll get an email with a link to some kind of status screen. There you can see whether it is already packed or that they are waiting for your money, etc.
It can take quite a while before you get it. I live in the Netherlands, right next to Germany, and it almost took two weeks for me to get the game. What happened: The German postoffice had it lying around for almost two weeks until they finally had enough to send some truck/car to the Netherlands. After that it only took one day to deliver it to me.

Last edited by Sem on Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:16 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

I live in Belgium and I got it two days later. As you might have known, Belgium is right next to the Netherlands and Germany. I think it depends on the post offices in Germany. (Perhaps there was a strike going on when you ordered Sem)
NFG member
Post Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:58 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

As you can see, it can differ a lot.
Post Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:05 pm
Gabreyl
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well I live in the US so who knows how long it might take. I'm hoping they send me some kind of tracking information or something. I mean I paid them but if I don't receive a notice like yep we got your order we're sending the game to you I'm going to worry a little seeing as it took my roomate ordering the game for me to even be able to purchase it. They never did respond to my emails even after like 5 days. Guess they just don't like me. I'm even half German guys, show me some love
Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:46 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Strange. Maybe they put HotMail on their spam filter? This would explain why they donīt answer your mails.
Iīve seen on their homepage that theyīre on ICQ and a few other IM services. Maybe you should try to catch them there in a week if you havenīt heard anything.
Did you receive an order number? If so you can look up the status online.
Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:22 am
Gabreyl
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No I didn't get an order number yet just a paypal bill which I paid. I'm waiting for the order number. And as for my email I actually used my other email address which I have through my cable company, when I did finally get the game ordered it was through my roomates hotmail account, apprently they like hotmail more than an email address you actually have to pay to have, oh well. I think I'll have my roomate email them asking for a order number if I don't get one first thing tomorrow. I didn't pay for the game until like 11am Eastern Time which I think is like 5pm in Germany? So they might have been closed or something. Guess I'll just wait and see what's up.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:22 am