Encumberance Exploit with Quivers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - Spoilers

Author Thread
XmirroR
Village Leader
Village Leader

Encumberance Exploit with Quivers

So, I was wandering a Shrine thingy, and had managed to collect enuf stuff that ( oh big surprise ) I was over encumbered. So I started looking thru my inventory to see what was gonna pull the short straw. Ding Ding... I have 258 Iron Arrows... Time to cull the herd... I dropped 158 Arrows...

Noteablly the 100 remaining arrows were UNEQUIPPED... So I re-equipped them...
I then proceeded to leave the room and remember that I had recently crossed thru a trap that was fully functional ( the three heavy blades falling from the ceiling up/down/up/down ) whether I am there to kill or not.

So I went back to the quiver of 158 I had dropped and decided, I'd first take it to the other side of the trap, just in case I neded them... Knowing I need to drop about 10 to just move again. But When I picked them up, I was NOT over-encumbered. They had made a seperate entry in my inventory... I now had 100 Iron Arrows EQUIPPED, and 158 Iron Arrow on STANDBY... and they were NOT being calculated into my encumberance...

I played with it for a while... And as long as you pickup a quiver ( not singles ) of arrows that is the same type as those equipped, no additional weight is added to your encumberance.

I wont exploit it, but I thought some of the more loot-crazy adventures would appreciate it...

Happy Hunting

-= XmirroR =-

======================
Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:30 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

I always have great fun with encumberance exploits. I'm rather annoyed that Bethesda were so thorough, really! You can't get on your horse when encumbered, you can't fast-travel...

However, you can manipulate items in the world when encumbered, which gave me an idea...

So yeah, it seems that if you load yourself up to just less than your limit, you can pick something up, and even move while holding the item. So after I leave a dungeon you'll frequently find me bowed down almost to breaking point, racing over the hills with my heavy cuirass or a stack of ten identical axes held out in front of me.

I'm sure they'll fix it in the first patch
Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:52 pm