RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: Introducing Age of Decadence

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Games made by professional rpg companies with real budgets and financing do have a huge advantage over amateur developers in that they can afford to put nice looking games out, which appeal to most people.

Yes, who needs gameplay when you can look at something pretty. What a moron!
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:14 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

See Naked-Lunch's post. I'd comment on it (and Exitium's post) but there's no need to.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:15 am
VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

My bad then. What do you know, XP was actually right about something. Must be by accident
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:21 am
Saint_Proverbius
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by XP
I wasn't "lumping" at RPGCodex forum posters, just the staff members.
I don't have a problem with different opinions, just people who congratulate themselves with companies going bankrupt and everyone getting fired, just because their "l33t"...

So, instead of lumping a couple hundred people together over what one person said, you're only lumping a half a dozen people together over what one person said. Hey, that's great.

quote:
And just to end this, VDweller, since I really don't have time to waste with pathetic kids like you, you should NOT call retards to everyone (reviewers, developers, ...), just because your vocabulary is quite limited.

I agree. I've been meaning to get VD a word of the day dictionary for quite some time. Of course, in all that fun searching you did for news items, you might notice that VD is the only one who posts like that. It's his style, and believe it or not, some people actually like it.

My posts are different. Exitium's posts are different from VD's and mine. Fez's posts are different from the rest of ours as well. Oh, and so are Spazmo's.

Yet you're still lumping the entire staff in to one group for what one person does.

quote:
And you're need to defend yourselves makes you even more pathetic.

The fact you seem to think that you should be able to be insulting without the people you're insulting being involved is more pathetic than anything Exitium or Vault Dweller have ever done.

It's better to call someone retarded and then give them a chance to defend their position on the subject than it is to be insulting and think the person you're insulting should not have a say in response. That's exactly what you've been doing through this whole thread and that makes you a COMMIE.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:59 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Having waded through this entire thread, I now know why I rarely visit the Codex!! Couple of points. VD, I wish you well with your game. I hope it is a success. There's plenty of room in the market for all kinds of games which rightly or wrongly fall under the CRPG umbrella. Secondly, I have NO respect for anyone who hides behind 'Guest' while blatantly insulting both myself and another Indie developer. I have never written any negative comments about people from the Codex whether I agree with them or not. When you visit our forums, please show a similar courtesy to the staff here.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:48 am
Garrett

Well written Corwin
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:07 am
XP

quote:
Originally posted by VDweller
My bad then. What do you know, XP was actually right about something. Must be by accident

Not really, I know what I'm talking about. Apparently you don't. I stand by anything I say during the course of my job unlike you, you apparently have a foul memory...
No need to deny what I said as a lie, just look at your own website and read some of your posts.

And Saint_Proverbius, tell me, so now it's someone's "style" to call someone else retard? Really, what style!
See, it's my "style" to call people like that pathetic and disrespectful idiots.
But really, you have to post something as "news", since your website's original content is a mirage in the desert, right?
I don't know why you insult and joke about the guys from RPGDot so much, even in the news. You "steal" most of your "news" from here anyway...

But again, going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back to my first post, let's all wait for the game, and see how a real RPG is done. The RPG that will save the genre, that will show Troika, Bioware, Bethesda, D.W. Bradley, Gas Powered Games, ..., how it's done.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:17 am

Dhruin

Just for clarity, there's no "stealing". To my knowledge they always list appropriate credit, unlike a number of sites out there.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:50 am
Whip-0

Stealing? That's simply preposterous - there's sharing of news, and that goes both ways. But, to the point... whatever you or anyone might think about RPG Codex as a forum and or/a review site, what has that got to do with the game VD is making - besides you not liking him? Most of this thread isn't about the game, which to a lot of people looks very promising, but rather where the game's forum is located and VD's and other posting style when reporting news?

Gee.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:00 am

Sol Invictus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I need to clarify a few things.

I did not make any of the above posts which may or may not have been posted under my names (Sol Invictus / Exitium) or variations thereof. Until now, I have not made ANY posts whatsoever in this thread and any idiotic remarks left behind by anonymous posters made to look as if they were mine, whether directed towards the staff of RPGDot, or Vault Dweller personally, two entities whom I respect (to varying degrees, and varying instances) do not reflect my thoughts in any way whatsoever and have been done so in the interest of malice, and intent to malign my reputation.

To those who would seek to impugn my identity by pretending to be me, fuck off.

Administrator
RPG Codex - www.rpgcodex.com
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:03 am
Shagnak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
See Naked-Lunch's post. I'd comment on it (and Exitium's post) but there's no need to.

I've been reliably informed that Exitium/Sol did not post before (and this is not the first time this has happened here, apparently), aside from the post directly above.
With guest posting it is incredibly easy to pull such cunning stunts.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:05 am

First, Dhruin I put "stealing" (note the ""). I know they credit the website, the thing is they don't have any original content, and all they do is repeat this website's content, most of the times with jokes regarding this website's comments, not to mention the usual insults to developers and other website's reviewers.

quote:
Originally posted by Whip-0
But, to the point... whatever you or anyone might think about RPG Codex as a forum and or/a review site, what has that got to do with the game VD is making - besides you not liking him? Most of this thread isn't about the game, which to a lot of people looks very promising, but rather where the game's forum is located and VD's and other posting style when reporting news?

Gee.

You're right, the thread no longer seems to be about the game. My first comment was simply stating that since the people from their website insults pretty much everyone (from calling retards to developers and reviewers, not to mention the well known posts regarding Troika, even in other forums), and seem to dislike every RPG in the market (besides Diablo and Fate), I was curious to see their game. I'm sure it will be a masterpiece, since they clearly know what's wrong and "retard" (they sure like this word) in the whole RPG genre.

The thing is obviously they don't like to be treated in the same way they treat other people, and started to call me and everyone who posted similar ideas that we were, to quote a few things: "dumbasses", "dipshits", "jackass", and many more, and obviously it was because of us that the genre was as it is today.
Obviously, you don't expect me to shut up, right? They deserve a taste of their own poison.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:14 am

XP

quote:
Originally posted by Sol Invictus
in the interest of malice, and intent to malign my reputation.

Reputation? Malign your reputation???
Funny stuff! Don't worry, if indeed it wasn't you who posted (which I doubt, by the way), whoever posted really got your usual "style" (as one of your RPGCodex partners called it), so don't worry, your reputation as an ignorant and childish bastard that bashes anyone with it's idiotic remarks is safe...
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:22 am

It's not really a taste of their own poison since it's not really the same. You are slamming the person (only one staff member is making this game) and it's game for no real reason other than revenge. They post news, and whenever it is malice, they take out quotes and such describing certain features about a game and critisize them.

They obviously have bias (and each staffer has their own, regarding different devs and games), but they don't post in the news post "omg, so and so sucks", they critisize what is said in the article. The only time I can think of an un-needed personal attack was when a staffer called Pete Hines (PR dude for bethesda) "full of shit in his news post". Other than that, I don't see it.

If you want to get back at them for what they've done, start getting quotes from his game forum and critisize the features and his game that you feel are stupid or uninteresting or whatever. Not this childish hypocritical crap of name calling for no reason other than "he posts mean news posts, get em boys!".
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:28 am

Shagnak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

[damn...another stuffed post. sorry]

Last edited by Shagnak on Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:33 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next