Bethesda Is Hiring For Elder Scrolls Games
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Bethesda Is Hiring For Elder Scrolls Games

Bethesda has updated its <a href="http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php" target="_blank">Elder Scrolls</a> website with info that they are hiring for new games in the 'Elder Scrolls' series ('Daggerfall', 'Morrowind' etc.). They are specifically looking for artists and programmers. Details <a href="http://www.bethsoft.com/links/bethsoft_jobs.html" target="_blank">here</a>.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:24 am
vid

There is this new mobile game they are doing right now:
"Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey", i think it was.

Fear the worst!
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:26 am

JeffV2

They did say they are working on ES4 in an interview after the release of Bloodmoon.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:39 am

kathode
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by JeffV2
They did say they are working on ES4 in an interview after the release of Bloodmoon.
Show it to me.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:52 am
Anubis0990

quote:
Originally posted by kathode
quote:
Originally posted by JeffV2
Show it to me.

If Kathode says "show it to me" then chances are it doesn't exist.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:02 am

JeffV2

I have little inclination to hunt down the interview. However, from what I can remember, it's one of the more recent interviews. I believe it's with Todd Howard, some time after the GotY edition release.

Towards the end of the interview, when he was posed the question regarding the future of the series, he had either said that Bethesda is already in early design stage or they are planning it. If the latter proves to be true, I certainly apologize if anyone felt misled by my earlier comment.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:00 am

Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

They are working on something alright, or said something cryptic along the line but never directly stated they're working on TES4 in any interviews.

quote:
What am I working on now at Bethesda? Well, can't really say. I did design work on the Bloodmoon expansion, and suffice it to say I'm still knee-deep in Elder Scrolls stuff.

That is from emil (designer of previous Thief game) on TTLG forums.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:12 pm
Nyarlathotep
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, they've been dropping hints like that for a while now. I really thought they were going to unwrap something at E3, especially with the anniversary thing going on...
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:19 pm
Lorgosin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Did any of you actually read the job description? It says they're looking for a programmer for PC and consoles with a background in roleplaying. It doesn't get much more obvious than that. It's TES4 all right.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:01 am

But it also can be new TES adventure series (like previous Redguard)
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:15 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

It seems to me that they are again lanching large hype, and it will last for several years till they decide to realesa next...
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:02 pm

No, they haven't launch the hype machine yet, but we, the TES fans, already looking left & right, belo & above, and start spreading rumor and distributing smallest pieces of info of TES, eventhough Bethesda never openly confirm they're working on it.

If you go to HL2 forums, you will never really know whether it is the rabib fans that overhype the game (talking about the game day & night, pursuing their friends buying the game), or it's Valve.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:25 pm

cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Lorgosin
Did any of you actually read the job description? It says they're looking for a programmer for PC and consoles with a background in roleplaying. It doesn't get much more obvious than that. It's TES4 all right.

Well, not necessarily. Maybe they're hiring RPG developers so they can stake them out in a field, pour honey on them, and feed them to the ants - just to demonstrate that they're leaving the RPG world for good! Somewhat unlikely, but you can't rule it out...

Me, I hope it's TES4 - but wish to point out that it'll be years before anything comes of it! A lot can happen in that time. Even if they reuse the Morrowind engine with no modifications and just replace the ESMs, they've still got to handle storyboard, design, modelling, world generation, scripting etc. Be prepared for a long wait.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:46 pm
Lorgosin (logged out)

Actually you ususally don't hire new programmers until you are at least partially done with the design, but I guess you never know with Bethesda.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:24 am