Game like Gothic
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Beliar_Himself
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Game like Gothic

Hi, i am new on this forum and i am huge fan of Gothic and i can hardly wait for Ghotic 3.But the problem is that i played gothic and gothic 2 too many times and i am getting bored and i wonder if someone know the game that is like gothic or something similar.I alredy search for it but with no luck most of the game have bad grafic or maybe i am wrong because i only see screenshoots and grafic is very important to me but story and the way of playing is also important so if u have any sugestions please tell me i will have a look at the game and then we will see thanks for help

p.s. sorry for my englis
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:46 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

You know there are no such games like gothic, i don't know if you like graphics try Elder Scrols but it's not the best solution, or maybe Evil Islands will feet you well it's very nice.But man Gothic is Gothic and that's final
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:58 pm
Beliar_Himself
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yea u got that right gothic is the best game ever made i only hate that i cant get addon legaly coz in my country u cant get it and thats because it is in german and if i would buy it from internet i need credit card and my parents dont trust internet i dont trust it either.
elders scroll i already played that game i think it is morrowind isnt it?
i didnt like it i duno why i joust didnt
evil islands look i duno weird i will try demo then i will see
thanks for hints
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:11 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to our forum!

We´ve had this topic aproximately 30 times before. You could simply use the search function to find out that still nothing is similar to Gothic except Ultima 9, which is unfortunately clearly worse.

Afaik Evil Islands has nothing in common with Gothic.
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:21 pm
Beliar_Himself
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for welcome i was reading this forum for days now.I read almost all abaut gothic 3, u have very usefull info and wat can i say it will be the best game ever not joust best rpg.It would be even bether if they would make online playing possible for now i joust need the game wich is worth playing like it is gothic.
How is it possible that there is not even 1 game that can compare with gothic
gothic I have great story but controls and grafic wasnt the best but gothic II huh here are we talking abaut "mother of all games"
i played many games but on most of them i get bored even before finishing them.I finish gothig not only 3 times with only different guild i done this when i first get this game now 1 year later i start again and finish it 7 times but here i get bored it isnt fun as it used to be i like marvin mode it add some fun into the game but not for long so i want another game.

I hope i will find it before G3 comes out
thanks for any sugestions
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:53 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Trying to find a game like Gothic! You'll just get Gothic pains trying to squeeze those other games into the space in your heart that Gothic fills. You're better off...uh...reading.

You should try some completely different genres instead. Might I recommend Jedi Knight II and III? They're pretty fun but unfortunately short. Outside the scope of RPGs most games only last about a week. You have 6 months to kill.

You could always try one of those micromanagment games like The Sims or Something Tycoon. Some people get pretty obsessed with those games and I believe they just go on and on. Not really my cup of tea.

On the bright side, Q4 is quickly approaching so there will be lots of new games out to distract you from the never nearing G3 release date.
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:58 pm
Beliar_Himself
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I would try that jedi if i wouldnt hate starwars
I have Doom 3 grafic is good but game is boring
i also have GTA SA the game was great but when u finish it its boring
and i have a lot of other games but i dont enjoy playing them.
I like swords armors bows magic i like those "old times"
i already play too much shooting games so i wants swords not guns
and so far i didnt find the game with good grafic and swords
i played Joan of Arc that was good game but it also gets boring
i also played lineage II that game was good but u have to kill too many monsters to get lvl up and then the money and equipment it take ages for good equip and quest were boring "kill that,collect that"
And abaut that games Sims and tycoon i played some of them they are interesting for few days maybe even hours

the good thing is that scool will start soon now(i cant belive that i am saying this)so i wont have time to play games so offten like at holidays

i will probaly die of bored before gothic 3 comes out then god will send me back to earth to play it

Last edited by Beliar_Himself on Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:14 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You have the best game on the planet!!! Why are you looking for another game???

Try some of the specialty games covered in various threads, like MAGIC ONLY, which is the toughest thing I have ever tried in Notr....or play a summoner game(mainly use summon runes). You can put limits on yourself that completely changes the difficulty and fun. One of the most fun games to try is playing as a digger in G1....digger's dress and pickaxe ONLY(except when you need a bow to complete some tasks). Other have tried playing as a kickboxer only. I'm not sure if you can complete that game though. I never tried it that I remember.

My point is that I have played G/G2/Notr so many times I can't possibly count them, and I find a new way to do something each time. If you place a limit on yourself the game becomes challenging again.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:21 pm
Beliar_Himself
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I need different game it is even miracle that i finish it more then once
like i said i get bored very fast my 2 friends and i were playing lineage II
well i played 1 mounth they played for 1.5 year see
i need something new
i run out of stargate seris (have all sessons including stargate atlantis)
thas a few hours ,maybe i will wach it all over again and then play gothic again
and wach stargate again until G3 somes out

BTW with magic is impossible to kill damm dragons with fire ball u take like 1mm of his life maybe i should learn circle 4 and create new rune (i killed dragons by opening marvin and tipe "kill" i complete the game when u have ice wave and fire rain u are killing machine oh and of course there is rune called "shrink" killed undead dragon in few strikes with Fighting Pike and 26 str that is very powerfull spell and very weak "boss" even orcs are harder to kill then this dragons.
One more thing is Large Firestorm spell buged? because it take all my mana and i have it more then 270
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:32 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

when i had played gothic through count less times i took up modding .. quite fun once you get the hang of it and it helps pass the time till G3 comes
it'll also teach you abit about how the game works and such the problem is getting started though but you should try seens we already know that theres no game that even comes close to gothic
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:18 pm
Drax
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hate to be the bearer of reality, but after u finish G3 like 10 times (and it becomes second nature), u'll be in the same predicament as u r now, u know that right!!!
Post Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:21 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Well even if Arx Fatalis isnt anything like gothic I like it better cause it has a more sofisticated game play.And sometimes the game can scare the shit out of you .Specially if you played for the first tima and you enter areas you shouldnt at low levels.
Post Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:27 am
Beliar_Himself
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

lol gothic is like drug when u are taking it u need more and more and when u run out u are dead man
Post Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:44 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Try Deus ex it is a mixture of shooter and rpg.If you liked gothic, you will most definitely like it too.Actually many people consider it to be one of the best games ever made.

And yeah it is more like scifistic cyberpunk than fantasy.You know, the stuff about nanoaugmentations, multinational corporations controlling everything, conspiracy to be found everywhere...
Post Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:57 pm
Beliar_Himself
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i am downloading Gothic 2 adonn i know it isnt right wat am i doing but
i have no choise i cant get original one as i said before.
maybe i will try that deus x but i dont like this space shooters i only like watching stargate and probaly i will play it it will come out before g3 i think
i played spellforce the order of a dawn demo it is also JoWooD product the game isnt bad at all i will maybe even buy it if i can
Post Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:35 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next