The History of Fallout @ GameBanshee
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

The History of Fallout @ GameBanshee

GameBanshee has posted an interesting article that looks at the history of the Fallout franchise, starting with some detailed background on Wasteland. Here's a snip:<blockquote><em>What do Dwight Schultz, Jeffery Jones, Michael Dorn, Richard Dean Anderson, R. Lee Ermy, Tony Shaloub, Keith David, David Warner, and Ron Perlman have in common? If you were thinking that they all appeared on Star Trek, then you’re wrong. All of these well known actors have appeared in the Fallout series, arguably one of the best all-around CRPG franchises that ever hit the market - and certainly one of the most original. As the Fallout narrator (voiced by Ron Perlman) says, “War never changes,” but as fans of the Fallout series know, the computer game industry does.</em></blockquote>Read it <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/editorials/fallouthistory1.php" target="_blank">here</a>.
Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:52 pm
Redstone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Great read. Wasteland is still #3 on my all time favorite list behind Starflight and the Underworld series.
That was a hard game. I still remember spending hours trying to get past those damn snipers.
It did not have superior graphics, but like a good book it let my imagination fill in the gaps.
Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:05 pm
Dhruin

I thought it was pretty average...the Wasteland bit is detailed but the actual Fallout coverage is pretty short. It doesn't detail the cancelled starts to FO3 or much of Van Buren's history and it gives the impression that Troika was formed during Van Buren in 2002.
Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:03 am
Applebrown
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Just edited the article to add more information about fallout and fallout 3, clarify Troika's beginning in 1998, and improve the article overall. See pages 3 and 4 especially.

To be honest, it should have been clarified earlier, but after we received some feedback, knew that it was necessary. Hopefully it's now an enjoyable, informative article.
Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:59 pm

A good read. I found it interesting and I am sure that anyone new to the series would find it informative.
Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:41 pm

Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Tsk, that was me. I forgot to log in.

I suppose I could always complain for more details or a longer article but it had to end at some point I suppose.
Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:49 pm