View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

An example of a powerful mage.

Here is a little link to a screenshot of the stats of my mage:

You should be able to work the names out with no trouble. This is just an example of what can be reached even without cheating.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:16 pm
Abbath
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

that's nothing..
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:18 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't, but show me yours then.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:22 pm
Abbath
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

dunno how to get a picture in here
EDIT: here's mine http://www.geocities.com/dreadrik/
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:34 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

You must have drank a ton of those "Elixir of the Spirits" to get your Mana that high. It goes without saying that you had Alchemy. But were there that many King Sorrel's in the game to acheive such a huge mana amount?

EDIT: I did some math and I guess its possible.

The maximum Mana you can train to is 250 right? That leaves 462 - 250 = 212 points left. Assuming you saved all your potions until after you had 250, that's only about 20 potions. I figure you can get that many King Sorrel's in the game either via purchase or discovery. THis is not counting any rings or amulets you may have. So 462 is definitley doable.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:16 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
You must have drank a ton of those "Elixir of the Spirits" to get your Mana that high. It goes without saying that you had Alchemy. But were there that many King Sorrel's in the game to acheive such a huge mana amount?

EDIT: I did some math and I guess its possible.

The maximum Mana you can train to is 250 right? That leaves 462 - 250 = 212 points left. Assuming you saved all your potions until after you had 250, that's only about 20 potions. I figure you can get that many King Sorrel's in the game either via purchase or discovery. THis is not counting any rings or amulets you may have. So 462 is definitley doable.

There are about 11 or 12 King's sorrels to be found in the open, and again that amount to be found, which makes for 24 potions per 10 points already. Then you can find/receive another 3-4 potions during the course of the game, bringing the total up to 28 potions ideally. Then you can pray at the shrines for 10 (or was it eleven times) for 4 mana each, totalling another increase of 40 (44) Mana. Then another 10 Mana are gained through the Dark Mushrooms and you can receive another 2 from the book sold by Zurris (the potions merchant at the marketplace in Khorinis). Then there are also two rings to be found in the game with one giving +5 to mana and one giving +10 to mana. Seeing this I still fall greatly short of what can be achieved if you concentrate on a mage only since, as you can see, I made a mage/thief/warrior there. I spent quite a few king's sorrels on peramnent strenght potions and I also wasted a few permanent mana potions by drinking them before learning 250 Mana from Pyrokar. The training for weapons also took away a few of the learning points. But if we add everything up you would end up with an only mage with something like this:

250 Mana learned
+280 Mana from potions created/found
+44 Mana by praying at shrines
+10 Mana for eating ~50 Dark Mushrooms
+2 Mana by reading the book
+15 Mana through rings

Quite impressive amount of mana available isn't it?
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:35 am
Abbath
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i was kidding ffs!
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:48 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Abbath
i was kidding ffs!

I already noticed.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:27 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

My input is ofcourse that he have wasted lots of points on unuseful stuff. Did he really need to put 27 points in weaponry and 127 points in Strength/Dex? AS A MAGE? I had not used a single point when I reached the stage where I could learn how to become a mage... Saving points in the beginning is what gives the best result later on.

Thoose 154 points should have offered him all potion recipies in the game, all spells, and even more mana.

Using the dam25/dex10 crossbow and wolf tooth dam20/str10 should be enough until you join a 'camp'.

I have soon went through the game as a paladin, and will go MAGE while writing the walkthrough, and then we shall see.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:23 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

@JemyM:

A lot of the points you see there for STR and DEX were gained from potions, potions I either made or found. I made 9 Strength potions, plus there are another few to be found. Also a Dragonroot can sometimes be found on the Orc Elites. I ate those I found. Another +15 in STR came from making a potion from the Dragon Eggs and another +5 in both STR and DEX came form the Tears of Innos. I only marginally trained in both one-handed battle and Dexterity (in that one only up to 30 for getting Valentions key for the Blood Chalice quest). In Dexterity I only trained for 15 LP and the rest was improved by Dexterity potions found/bought (from Zurris) and Goblin Berries I ingested (plus, of course, the tears of Innos bonus). Another 18 LP were spent on training one-handed. The rest of the percentage was gained through bonuses you can receive. Once you will receive +2% if you meet Wulfgar (trainer in the barracks in Khorinis) between 5:00-7:00 am. Another 2% in two-handed can be gained by visiting Keroloth (Paladin in the castle) at the same ungodly hours. The remaining 5% were gained from the book that is sold in the upper quaters. All in all I did not spend that much on improving those skills. Other than that I am also able to sneak, pick locks and create all mana potions (including the permanent one) and the strenght potion. I now would have enough remaining to still learn the other potions.
As for spells. I do have learned all of circle six plus the rune learned in the library. Other than that I only learned Flame arrow, fireball, Summon skeleton, destroy undead, Summon demon (a bad investment to say the least), and lightning bolt. Most other runes I did not bother with. Three additional runes were found during the course the adventure, namely Fear (can be found 2 times), summon Goblin Skeleton and Ice arrow (dart?).

What is interesting about my character, is that he is still able to dish out close combat damage should mana happen to run out (and that will happen a lot in the beginning). He can hold his own against two or three normal orcs or a single orc elite (maybe two if you are lucky or very skilled in your combat routine).

But, as most already noticed about this game, you can make your character go ways that he might not be meant to go, and that is what makes the playing styles so diverse and entertaining.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:31 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Well, It seems like I drop my charges. If all thoose extras comes from potions and stuff, than you can get far more bonuses than I thought...

If thats the case, my mage will probably look the same.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:49 pm