Usergroups
Maps of the WHOLE colony + diego's test of faith+ 2nd level
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Gaderath
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i just got this game, i love it. i am a lvl 5 dude and am focusing on fighting melee (staying away from magic, range, and theiving for my first try). i have been to the new and old camps, after seeing the new camp and messing around in there, i would rather join the old camp. i helped out whistler, sly, fletcher, thorus with their little quest thingies. when i first talked to diego a while ago he told me to get the map from the cartographer and go to the old mine to get the list from Ian. i did this, and everything from everyone else. i cant think of what else to do, except to fight in the arena. i am having a real tough time in the arena and havent been able to kill kirgo. do i have to succeed in the arena to get the test of faith from diego?

also, like i said above i got the map to the old mine from the cartographer. but it doesnt have any of the colonies listed on it. i obviously know where the old camp is, and mordrag led me to the new camp. but i cant find the brotherhood sect. since none of the colonies are marked on my map i cant find the sect (i know it probably sounds pretty sad...) is there a place i can get a map with the 3 camps marked on it? or perhaps someone could tell me where the sect is?

last but not least of my big yet simple questions: i saved up the skill points and ore to get the 1st and 2nd level 1 hand fighting thingers. scatty told me that i could now do a thing where i struck, struck, turned around and struck or something like that. how do i do this? and part of a corollary to this question, does strength improve damage as well? or is it pointless for me to try and get more strength then is required for me to use my weapon?

any help appreciated. and yes i know my sig kinda slams me in this case...

Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 3:08 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Some answers, from top to bottom. You should mention in your reply that you donīt want spoilers or the others will tell you half the story.

You can lose against the strongest of the arena fighters but you have to beat the others if you choose to fight them.
To become a shadow you have to do 5 of the 6 quests.

The Baal on the marketplace leads you to the Sect Camp. Be careful, sometimes he makes the offer only once.
To find maps click on 'Hosted Sites' on the top.

Find JemyMīs post about combo attacks for a detailed explanation of all possible attacks.
To cut it short: timing of every single swing or thrust is vital. Try f-f-f-f or l-r-l-r.

Strength has direct influence on damage.

Some short tips:
-Allways carry a bow and a few arrows.
-You can _learn_ str, etc. only up to 100.
-Donīt deliver the list too soon. Make the newbie quests for the other camps to earn xp.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 3:36 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

a other guy that has a quest for you, that you need to compleet to yoin the old camp is dexter (at the markt place).
Need to do someting in sect camp to compleet.

Good luck
Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 8:55 am
Gaderath
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

no i did dexter and fletcher's quest. its the one where you have to find nek.

thx guys.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 12:23 pm