Strength for Militia
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Strength for Militia

Well, I am lvl 7, str 40 belonging to militia. There is bug in the game, smith in the barracs dousn't teach me strength. The only option I have with him is -END-. I remember speaking him long ago.

So, any idea where can I teach str.? The only option I think I have is to wait until I join Paladins, as Torlof doesn't want to teach me being a city guard. (Interesting, why the hell other teachers at Onar's farm are still willing to teach me?).
Can I leave militia and later join again ? :/

Pls. advise.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:46 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Strength for Militia

quote:
Originally posted by Egin
Can I leave militia and later join again ? :/

No, the only way to "leave" the miltia is to join the paladins.

BTW, your only option is to proceed to Chapter 2, go to the Valley of Mines, enter the castle and look for Brutus.

Brutus, a man-at-arms in the castle, can teach you up to 75 STR.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:44 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Most of the teachers on Onar's farm won't teach you if you're not one of them.

Mortis won't train you in strength if you talk to him before becoming a member of the militia. Really stupid, annoying bug.

Your best bet will be to travel to the Valley of Mines with a potion of speed and try to sprint past all the orcs. Take the road that leads ABOVE the canyon on a small land bridge - if you do that, you'll bypass most of the orcs. When you make it into the castle, talk to Brutus - he'll teach you strength. The paladins in the upper quarter will teach you, but only after you become a paladin, which you can't do until Chapter 3.

You can't leave a guild once you join it.

If you didn't join the militia all that long ago, your best bet would be to reload a game before you talked to Mortis, join the militia, then speak to him.

Also - there is a ring of strength +5 just outside the east gate (marketplace gate) of the city, on top of a plateau if you take the road leading right. And there is an amulet of strength +15 in the thieves' guild - you'll have to kill Jasper (don't worry, the other thieves won't attack you) and take his key, then unlock the door, and pick the lock on a chest with the following combo: RRRLRRRLRLRLRRLLLRRL. Good luck.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:47 am
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

near the marketplace, there are barracks, there is a guy inside wich will train you in str. - he's in the barracks weapon shop.

=member of The RPGDot Shadows=
=member Gothic Novel Writers=
=member The Allience of middle Earth=

God, smite me, oh mighty smiter!!!
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:03 am
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thank you for invaluable information guys! I will definitely look for ring and amulet. That, I hope, will give me enough str. to wait until I will be strong enough to go to valley of mines.
Wanna go there when I am ready- I will go slowly and kill every orc
Yes, this is really annoying bug. Hopefully developers will fix it in upcoming patch.

Onar's farm NPC's who will still train militia. Just info.
The guy at the entrance, you can ask for duel. - 1h weapons
Bowman
Smith
And you can still get black troll quest and kill field raiders quest. I only searched the road to farm.

PS Regarding patch, I have seen somewhere that there is patch released for german version. Is this true and is there any hope to see english version patch?
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:40 am
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Theres also a guy in the habour, a blacksmith who will teach you str, and the blacksmith, herrald or somthing, he teaches you str, but im not sure if you have to be his apprentice for him to teach you...?
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:00 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The guy in the harbor only teaches up to 30, and Harad the blacksmith only teaches if you're his apprentice. He teaches up to 60, however, I believe.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:08 am
Skeezix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm a paladin, is there any hope for me to get that strength +15 amulet? I can't get in the sewers...

And i found the strength ring, it's +3 strength.

I'm also wearing a +10 strength belt 'Belt Of Might' I only can't remember where I got it. Does someone else know it?
Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:13 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmmm i cant remember seeing any belts in Gothic2 or is it just to long ago that i played it
Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:52 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hi, Skeezix. Good to see you here.

My ignorance, but I haven't seen an amulet that increases +15 strength. The belt that you mention, I believe you can purchase it from Sengrath (starting from Ch. 2) and Jora (Ch. 4). Regarding to the sewers problem, are you talking about the Thief's Guild?

And this is true. Belts do not exist in Gothic 2. It is a new feature in the addon.

Oh and almost forget. It is not very polite to bump an ancient thread to the top. Please make a new topic if you have any question. Thanks.
Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:27 pm
Skeezix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok I'll think about it before I post a question somewhere. The thing is I normally get the warning: 'hey, there's an other thread about this somewhere on the forum...'

Ruskie Soldat was talking about this amulet of strength +15, but i don't think i am able to get it, cause i'm a paladin and I don't think I'll get in to the sewers/thief's guild.

But what I need is Strength! Right now I have 110, and that is inc. +8 "amulet of power" , +3 "ring of strength", +10 "belt of might". But I need a strength of 130 to handle this sword I wanne have, I thought it was called 'Orc Slayer'.
Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:40 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

It's nice to search the forum before asking the question. If you want to ask a question about a topic that you find, please create a topic with a link to the old topic.

The amulet Ruskie Soldat was talking about, was indeed +15 STR; however, it is downgraded to +10 STR in the addon. Oh, you can buy a +5 STR from Huno (bandit camp). Other than that, you may have to try one of those bonus strength techniques.

The Thieives' Guild is faction-neutral. The path you take does not affect your eligibility to the guild.
Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:39 pm