Usergroups
Publisher
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Naaah, that sounds too far fetched for me. On the other hand...it's the only explenation I've read so far
But if PB would be holding out for more cash for Gothic 1 they would most likely ask for the same amount (if not more) for the sequal.
OR...*sratches head*...they would settle for less money for Gothic 2 because they are getting such a mega publishing deal.

Oh hell, I just want the English Gothic! Just publish the damn game in English before Dungeon Siege or Morrowind hit the shelves and it's all too late...

Snoekie.
Post Thu Aug 16, 2001 11:07 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Check out our latest news on last week's publishing deal (first newsbit of Friday, 17). It seems like only legal problems are preventing Gothic from a worldwide release because the rights still lie with Egmont rather than Phenomedia or JoWood. The deal for the Gothic sequel was only signed by the latter two, not including Egmont.
Post Fri Aug 17, 2001 6:08 am
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

It's good to finally hear *something* official about it. But I don't know how to feel about it.
Should I be dissapointed or glad?
On the "bright" side: Dungeon Siege has been pushed back to 2002 and Morrowind will most likely be too - so that leaves more time for Gothic to be released in English for me

Gawd, I really REALLY could use a new and fresh rpg. I'm starved.

Snoekie (hungry for good rpg's)
Post Fri Aug 17, 2001 9:14 am
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Arcanum will be released any day now... Should at least keep us occupied until next RPG comes along.
Post Sun Aug 19, 2001 8:07 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

Thats a good explaination. Egmont is feeling left out and holding onto Gothic. It would really stink if that is the end of it however. It would be nice to see them settle this thing and throw Gothic 1 into the list. Egmont isn't going to make any money holding Gothic 1 back, it would just be spitefull I would think. Not to mention I would think it would piss of game developers and make them not want to do business with a company like Egmont...

Post Mon Aug 20, 2001 11:58 am
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Bleh, I don't like Arcanum. I've tried the demo but it's another isometric "Infinity engine look-a-like" game for me.
And I do not like those kind of games. Whish I did though, because then I could enjoy the multitude of iso games out there.
But I don't ; it's a shame.

I have no idea what rpg I could possibly be playing within the next month or more...
All the really good ones are either prosponed untill next year or simple NOT comming out! *cough* Dungeon Siege, NWN, Morrowin, GOTHIC 1, Wizardry 8 *cough*

Guess all I can do is wait

Snoekie.
Post Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:51 am
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

That rant sounds about how I feel as well. Someday we will have another spicy new game to play with beautiful 3D graphics, great gameplay, and an intense storyline. Good thing I have work, school, a wife and child to keep me busy until then <:

Post Tue Aug 21, 2001 12:30 pm
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

And don't forgot this here beloved site and forums (fora?) to spend our rpg-less times

Snoekie
Post Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:23 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

If there is no cool game in sight -
try to play an old classic.

I am playing Might and Magic 2 this week -
and it is still fun (and a lot harder than
modern games: Saving in taverns only for example)
Post Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:06 pm
Soulman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Gothic demo reminded me of Outcast, which should be really cheap by now. A great game to play while while waiting for Gothic.
Post Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:45 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

Only so long you can survive on old RPGs and forums! Sometimes you need a new game. Especially when one has been dangling in front of you for awhile.

Post Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:19 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Come on, there's heaps of old rpg's out there. BloodNet for instance, a very cool cyberpunk/vampire game. Darklands is a medieval rpg set in Germany.
I agree though, announcing a game and then delaying it ad infinitum seems to be the norm these days, and it generates a lot of friction, as can be seen on these very forums.
I can't complain, since, due to wife, child and challenging and rewarding job, my game playing time is limited to perhaps four-five hours a week, which means I still have heaps of time left before I finish Torment, for instance.
Post Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:27 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

Hey that sounds like my life, except I can throw school in on top of that. So when I play a game, I don't want to be wasting my time!
Post Wed Aug 22, 2001 12:58 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I´m not sure if this should be called ´news´; on Sept.7th PB wrote this on their official engl. Gothic page:

"We will announce the publisher for the english GOTHIC version soon after the ECTS."

May be it´s too much interpretation, but this short info -published after ECTS- could indicate their search came to a successfull end

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2001-09-07 18:39 ]
Post Fri Sep 07, 2001 11:38 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Wow, that's great, if they DID finally get an English publisher. When exactly is ECTS?? I'm eager to hear the details of the release.. ETA, MSRP, etc...

Post Sat Sep 08, 2001 12:31 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next