Gothic 2 Controls and Inventory
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
karaknic
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic 2 Controls and Inventory

I hear that there is an option to switch to Gothic I controls... does taht mean the good old sword fights where you have forward hit and the two side hits or what ? also do u have a pointer to move stuff around in the inventory?
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:44 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

As for the inventory... no pointer. It's first in, first out, sorted after certain categories (weapons occupy the upper slots etc.)
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:55 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm.. I still have the same swordfighting, but he moves a bit differently.. I still have the left/right slash, and the combo-fighting when I press forward several times.
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:20 am
karaknic
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

He He that's a relief i thought the producers would have listened to the stupid critics who didn't like the old controls and fighting an taken them out... some people really do not understand the greatness of the controls...
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:28 am
Esrohnoil
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yeah... the controls seems unusual to me when I played Gothic I first time,... but after some time, I felt it's greatness in simplicity and somehow I got to like it.

- Demons rules the body, but the soul never break within...

- "There's still hope..."
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:33 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I agree with you both.. even though the controls aren't "standard controls", it's still a lot better than most games.. NWN controls are easier than Gothic, but the fighting is extremely boring compared to Gothic fighting, and the same goes for Morrowind..

The fighting in Gothic is just great! That is actually one of my fav' features of Gothic..
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:24 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

I have mixed feelings about the controls. I love the way swordplay works, but the animation oriented actions make the controls a pain when it comes to feedback/responsiveness (just like G1). It's unusual and frustrating, but in a realistic way - One cannot expect to quietly pop a potion when getting hit on the head by four orcs. Realistically, that's when you're supposed to (be a sport and) die. :p

So it's like I hate it, but wouldn't love G2 without it.
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:02 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Having gone through Gothic 1 as many times as I did, the Gothic 1 controls have been adopted as my ideal preference for control settings on all games. [/i]
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:00 am