Stuck in Chapter 5
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Sk'ar
Village Leader
Village Leader

Stuck in Chapter 5

Hey. It's been awhile since I've posted here. It's good to be back . To the subject. I am a paladin who has recently returned from his great dragon hunt only the find Xardas gone and the whole land ashambles. I talked to Lester and recieved Xardas' note. I went to the monestary... in short, I got the armor and upgraded my sword. I'm at a loss about what to do now. Pyrokar says nothing about the library, nor does the guard in the monestary basement. I went and ordered my way onto the ship, but what am I suppose to do now ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:00 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

You have to gather the crew for your ship and find captain. There are 3 possible captains and if You want to tell me more please let know. Don`t want to tell You more not to spoil the fun.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:06 pm
Sk'ar
Village Leader
Village Leader

I feel pathetic. Yes, a hint or tip would be nice. I couldn't find anyone. I checked most of the main characters. Lee, Torlof, Diego, Lord Andre, etc... even Jack and the one sailor at the monestary. Any further help would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:02 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Strange indeed. Lee, Torlof and Diego went with me.
You know what - go to monastery and talk to Milten in front of the gate there first - hope it triggers the quest of finding crew.
I took Vatras, Biff, Benet, Angar too. Some of them for free, others not. Its possible to take Lester, Lares and Marco - last of them shows out of nowhere. I think that there is sth wrong with Marco - if somebody took him pplease tell me if I was right?
Captains can be Torlof, Joram and Jack. For everyone You have to do quest but You may take only one.
Hope that helps if not write more and we will try to figure out.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:10 pm
Sk'ar
Village Leader
Village Leader

This plain sucks. When I talk to Milten the dialouge box just says "END". Grrr... There has got to be some conversation that I have yet to trigger. Do I need to complete the Orc Warlord quest before I can depart. I will continue to look. Thanks for your help.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:24 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

You wrote that You have paladin armour so I assumed that You`ve found secret Xardas library under the monastery. If so did You take the documents including map to Halls of Ildorath from the table there?
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:29 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yea, get the sea map and talk to Lord Hagen that you got everything finished. Also, try get past the ship guard at the Paladin's Ship. This may trigger the event.

I was going to post the entire list of the shipcrew, but I've just seen that you don't need it.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:37 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

As always: Wow Kiwi Boy
Two things. Wolf didn`t want to go with Paladin after I found him job on Lobart`s Farm. Girion is not one You can choose. He guards ship. He came with paladin by itself, probably he will go with Mage too. Don`t know how will it be with Dragon Slayer.

And I must add that above was one more really great post from Kiwi Boy - sorry its deleted.

Last edited by bora on Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:39 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sk'ar, also, make sure you READ the sea map, or the task won't be triggered.

quote:
Originally posted by bora
Wolf didn`t want to go with Paladin after I found him job on Lobart`s Farm.

Did he call you some kind of "lying baggart"? If so, that's the problem. You can't refuse him for the first time or you'll lose the option of selecting him.

quote:
Girion is not one You can choose. He guards ship. He came with paladin by itself, probably he will go with Mage too. Don`t know how will it be with Dragon Slayer.

But he is part of the shipcrew, so it is better to include him in the list.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:51 pm
Sk'ar
Village Leader
Village Leader

Your a genious Kiwi Boy! Score! Hahaha. Thanks alot, all i needed to do was read the map. And Bora, thanks alot to you aswell you offered so me advice I can use now.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:19 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

No Kiwi Boy. Wolf just told me sth like he found his place on earth there and has no desire to travel. It was my only conversation with him during chapter 5. He was rather friendly and polite.

To Sk`ar - glad You moved forward, sorry You are closer the end of the story. But we all hope for add-on, don`t we?
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:26 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
No Kiwi Boy. Wolf just told me sth like he found his place on earth there and has no desire to travel.

Hmm.. then I don't know, maybe I need to dig further and find a more confirmed evidence. Anyway, just added a note on the list. I'll post it if someone requests.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:32 pm
Sanosuke
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I have the same problem as Sk'ar did but i didnt understand the answer..i'm a dragonhunter and i tried talking to Milten but it just says "END" so who do i talk to, to trigger the quest where you have to find a crew? about Xardas hidden Library under the Monastery i found the place where the skeletons are but i cant open the door..where do i get the key?

Always grateful for answers!
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:33 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Key is in the book that Xardas gave You to convince Pyrokar to recreate the Eye of Innos. Now with the information from message given to You by Lester You should be able to open Halls of Ildorath. Book can be now taken from monastery`s basement - room guarded by T.. mage where secret entrance is. Key opens closed room at the end of this small labirynth with skeletons.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:44 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Sanosuke
where do i get the key?

It's inside the book called "The Halls of Irdorath". You can find it in the library of the monastery. Remember the sealed book that Xardas asked you to give to Pyrokar? That's the one.

P.S. Ask Pyrokar first for permission to the library. Also, read Xardas' letter first before attempting to open the book.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:46 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next