A thought just struck me
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

A thought just struck me

i am currently slightly too weak to kill the orcs at the pass entrance, there is a notable lack of ledges and the such which i could use tacticly, luring the dumb creatures to them only to be turned into big green pin cushions (as i usually do to overcome strong beasts)

right, so i spent 3 quarters of an hour trying to edge my way along and up various slopes hoping to reach the orcs on higher ground.... i have played with various other tactics, such as luring them towards the paladins, but they allways seem to stop running.

Im out of ideas, except for one, but unless i want to do it a thousand times i need some info on VoM.

ok i want to just run passed the orcs.... ive done that kind of thing before, i have cleared entire forests as a level 3 nobody with this tactic.

questions:

1)is it realistic for me to dodge them? so far i see only two orcs, but if there are more it could become difficult

2) are there freindlies closeby? am i going to run passed orcs only to find.. more orcs?

3) is there even any point in a level8 merc going into the VoM anyway?
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:16 pm
rcarter3
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Since you are too weak to handle fighting them you need to proceed carefully from the gate where the 2 paladins are; as you move past the point where you encounter the first 2 wolves begin looking to your left and you will notice a opening in the cliff wall where you can enter and gain access to the natural rock bridge you would have walked under before you met the small grouping of orcs in the pass you spoke of in your post. Kill the 4 giant rats and cross the bridge to enter the next cave which will transition you into the Vally of Mines (VoM) and bring you past the orcs.

If you try and run past the orcs here (something I have not tried to do yet) you will also transition into the VoM but have to work you way past about 6 orcs who again cover the strategic egress points into the VoM and the castle where you will need to end up to gain future quests. Using the cave access brings you past all these orcs and lets you meet the Paladin's scout who will help you (give you info) on how to enter the castle.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:21 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Since the Vom is full of orcs you might want to go wandering the countryside and kill as many creatures as you can find to level up first. The hills toward the lighthouse have some nasties in there, and don't forget the place you started at by Xardes. There are some wargs and lizards in the area to the right above that valley. Just be sure to save, save, save, as some of them are really nasty.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:38 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

The first time I played gothic 2 I had an extreemly poor graphix card and I had to reduce the view down to 40% and put the detail on as low as possible so I couldn't see very far ahead and I ran straight into that group of orcs and I was only on level 5, but even harder was when I made it into the valley of mines and I couldn't see the castle without being buthered by orcs, then after I got to chapter 5 I got a new graphix card and now I can see Everything
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:10 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

thansks, i was so sure that cave would be host to many a skeleton or something worse, and as i was just making the trip to scout out the valley so i knew what to expect i decided i would be avoiding such hassles. well i feel silly now lol
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:13 am