Still no Code Book!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Still no Code Book!

After trying all my wiles I gave up and killed the women at the corner club who I'm supposed to get the code book from just to see if I could.

Surprise! There is no Code Book in her inventory. I went back to the save before and continued doing other things.

I decided to walk all the way from the south to the North along the western coast from the starting city. I have spent several days doing it and found a lot of stuff including some really good armor.

A lot of old ruins, caves, and mines to explore. Teleported back to Balmora when ever my inventory gets full, and then take the strider back to the place nearest where I left off. The only thing that has stopped me is a trapped door in the temple after killing the Dark Lord. I get poisoned and die every time; I'll go back when I have some protection. I have Fire and Ice protection but no poison.

I'm in Ginish or something like that now. I found a woman who lost her ring in a pool, searched and searched couldn't find the ring.

I have a fellow following me around who needs a healer, but can't find one so far. There is supposed to be one in the city. He is actually a good fighter and is some help even killing some of the bad guys on his own.

I also have a quest to get some guys pants, I found the guy who stole them but he won't give them back. I need to get his pants so he can come out of the river.

One of these days I'll get back to the main quest but I'm not in any hurry, there is so much to see. My levels are going up as are my skills. I have some great screen shots too!

Mike
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:26 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

When I killed that woman with code book, she had it in her inventory.

I had same problem with ring in pool.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:47 am
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

When I get back to Balmoro I'll try again. I went back to an earlier save after killing her so she is still alive.

I picked up another companion so for a while I had two people following me around but I got her delivered to her destination.

I'm going to find the healer for the other guy now.

If it wasn't such a pain trying to get them to follow me I'd keep this guy around. He is some help in a fight. It would be nice if there was a way to check their health level.
I just keep casting heal companion on them.

I tried to find the ring again but no luck.

Mike
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:20 pm

offer her a bribe
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:55 pm

The Prisoner

When it comes to the ring, it's hard to find, but it's there. You're in for a surprise when you do... I jost LOVE the way she re-pays you.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:00 pm

Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

The Ring is right at the first part of the pool, try putting your field of view just a little bit below the water and you can get a non-washed out glimpse

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 6:52 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I will try to find this ring again.
I tried it for at least 15 min. and I was really confused and though that it is not there .
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:18 pm
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'll try again!

Mike
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:49 pm
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I found the Ring but I still can't get the code book, I killed her and was attacked by everyone in the inn so I killed them too!

When I walked outside the guards did me in without giving me a chance to pay a fine. So I'm back to square One.

I can’t seem to provoke her into fighting me first.
I guess the only way id to increase my speaking skills.

My reputation is up to 7 which I would think is pretty good for so early in the game.

Mike
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:45 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Use Telvani bug musk (or two) to raise your personality. Then bribe her until you raise her disposition, then taunt. Repeat bribes until you manage to taunt her into attacking you.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:15 pm
Saemi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I haven't got that far in the quests in the fighters guild yet but here's what I've read about that quest.

Go talk to the guild master in the fighters guild at Ald'ruhn about the quest. Afterwards go back and try agian.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:50 pm
Simeon Tregarth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You don't have to kill her you know... There are at least two other options:
1. Some people have reported success at sweet talking her out of it. That didn't work for me but I suspect it is because I belong to the Thieve's Guild as well as the Fighter's Guild. Boost her disposition to 100 and try your luck.
2. Pick her pocket. That is what I did.

One of the good things about this game is that there are usually several different solutions to each problem - different solutions for different character personalities.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:06 pm
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

My speech craft skills are pretty low so I'm working on that.

I finished the next part of the main quest, the one that ends up with the "Progress of Truth Book" so now I'm supposed to go out and explore some more.

My character is at level 21 now almost to level 22 and my armor rating is 64. My long blade skills are at 100 and I have 4 Storm Blades which I rotate to keep charged.

Since I can't seem to get past the code book yet I guess I'll go and work on my Mage Quests some more.

Mike
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:48 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

If I were you I'd go finish the game. Leave other guilds' quests for another character.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:24 pm
bpdlr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Depends if you are member of both guilds

quote:
Originally posted by Simeon Tregarth
You don't have to kill her you know... There are at least two other options:
1. Some people have reported success at sweet talking her out of it. That didn't work for me but I suspect it is because I belong to the Thieve's Guild as well as the Fighter's Guild. Boost her disposition to 100 and try your luck.
2. Pick her pocket. That is what I did.

One of the good things about this game is that there are usually several different solutions to each problem - different solutions for different character personalities.

I tried to pickpocket her as well - with 100 sneak and using a Chameleon ring 80% - and every time she caught me and I was expelled from the Thieves Guild. Were you a Thief when you pickpocketted her?

I agree it is good there are multiple ways to accomplish stuff. I only had Speechcraft as a misc skill but when I made stupid amounts of money I decided to train up to 100 (there is someone who can do this) and I was amazed at the possibilities this offers. Taunting and admiring are so useful, and save so much on Bribes :p

BaZ
Boycott Shampoo!
Demand REAL poo!
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:22 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next