everquest2

plzzz anything,a pcs of tree, a house corner,a pcs of greengrass
cant sleep anymore
Post Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:38 pm

Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

pcs of trees?

My wife doesn't leave me alone enough when I get home from work, to play the only MMO I'm allowed now. When EQII come's out, I'm going to want to spend most of my waking, non-working hours re-exploring Norrath. Does anyone know a good legal, and safe way to get her to: 1) Leave me alone 2) Stay quite or 3) Sleep. Number 3 would work best here, so if anyone has a way to put her into a sleep when I get home, let me know. ;~)

Please SOE make this as good as I know it can be you #@%$ #$# ^%#$#@'s
Post Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:45 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Get her addicted to some really heavy downers LOL
Post Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:31 am
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Although MMORPGs are not my cup o'tea, what I've read about this one makes me think it'll be worth to try. This and Mythica may change the way I see and feel about MMORPGs.
I sincerely hope so

Ðrâktøn
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:46 am
incognito

everquest 2

easy...buy her a pc and sweet talk her in the charms of becoming a healer )
been done seen it 2 times on eq man and wife are now on daoc till swg
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:17 am

Klish

Sleepy Time

Just get her to drink some Cough syrup..lol
Or just buy her ..A nice PC that would work better. As mentioned above in a prevouse reply.
peace
Post Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:01 am

jayrulz

splashplastic

can i pay the monthly fee with splashplastic on EQ2?
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:47 pm

Gunthor

This is just the Best MMORPG EVER. If you have the PC to run it of course. You have so much you can do. and for your Wife dude , You want her to leave you alone. Go to Sleep etc.. When your about to go on EQ2, HAve sex , and I mean GOOOD sex with her. This always works with me.
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:18 pm

tblone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

good game though
Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:07 pm
aegis

its good for the first 4 monthes..then it gets so long and tiresome, because even though the graphics are amazing and very few computers can run the grafix on maximum, you get used to the grafix even, and the game itself is pretty slow paced-all along, not that diablo was good, but RPG'ing in eq2 isnt like RP'ing in gothic or fallout...

in anycase pretty good game, didnt see any other online game that comes close, but i'm sticking to single player from now on...ahh gothic 3 where r u?
Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:59 pm

EQ2 is dead and burried. SOE has managed to drive all but few players away, and they are working on those that have stayed.

A game of much potential wasted; Is now nothing more than a footnote of the WoW.
Post Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:17 pm

Fun

EQ2 is actually getting better and better

Although EQ2 had some difficulty getting adjusted to the fact that wow was so popular among the masses and didnt immediately know how to respond to that, it is now really growing out to a very good and addictive game. The continuous evolving adjusting and adding of content makes the world feel very alive.

Nowadays there is as much content for just solo (which i mainly use for alts) only questers , groupminded people as for the raiders.

So no i wouldnt be able to call it dead. Maybe its not for all, its more complex than wow, but in the end the complexity keeps me hooked. Now if all the additions with the new expansion are well implemented i think EQ2 has survived and will survive:)
Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:03 am

Mmorg's should be fun

If you have a regular group of friends who are leveling at the same rate then this game can be fun.

Hower, I played Everquest 2 until December 2004 and it was an unpleasant experience.

The game was full of bugs on both the server and your own interface. Crash to desktop was common and I finally quit when the servers went down for several days. In game customer service took hours.

I disliked the following gameplay issues:

1. Massive death penalties If you die you get an experience penalty, a temporary penalty (several days) to statistics, and armor damage that needed repairs.
2. Shared experience debt - if a party member died all the party members had an experience penalty. This resulted in people refusing to group with anyone they did not know. On one occasion I joined a group and they all died while I was running to join them. The group then disbanded. So, I had a huge experience debt and never actually got to play with the group. Most of the time, you gained experience faster by soloing.
3. Shard(corpse) recovery - In addition to the experience penalty, if you died you suffered a temporary (several days long) penalty to your statistics. The experience penalty could be cleared by running and recovering your shard at the location where you died. Runs back to shards could be long and fraught with danger as you fought your way through the mobs. Bad luck if you died at the bottom of a dungeon and you were unable to fight your way back because some of your party had to leave. It was also possible to fall and die in impossbile to reach locations. One one occasion I fell and died. After several more deaths due to falling, it became clear that you could not climb down to where you died. 24 hours after petitioning, customer service finally fixed it.
4. Healing spells failed too frequently - Healing spells would randomly fail to cast (fizzle). If you played for an hour, it was guarranteed you would have multiple fizzles in a row resulting in a party death. Party members would also abuse you for not healing when this happened.
5. Inconsistent quest interface - You had to keep a paper log of quests so you could return to the quest giver for your reward after you completed the task. Guards would sometimes tell you where a quest giver was in the zone, sometimes they could not. Some quested items would be stored in inventory, some would not be stored in inventory but you still got quest credit for them. If you destroyed the inventoried quest items, you had to get those items again.
6. Mage pets enraging swarms of mobs- Mages had summoned pets. The pets when fighting a mob would sometimes dance around the dungeon, enraging every mob in sight.
7. Mage pets fought inside walls - pets would fight a mob inside a wall where the mage could not heal the pet or cast on the mob. Pet would die, then mage would die.
8. Instant death when resurrected - On one occasion I was resurrected underwater multiple times and died instantly to drowning with no timer or warning.
9. Crafters have to get adventure levels Blizzard advertised that you could be a crafter or an adventurer. However, you could be an adventurer or a crafter/adventurer. Being just a crafter was not viable. The craft system is a "combat system" and you need hit points and power (mana) for spells. The only way to get hit points and more power was by gaining adventure levels.
10. No market for crafters Armor and weapons could be used and then passed on to another character. Items won from killing mobs or quests were as good as crafted items. As characters leveled, their old gear hit the market resulting in there being no need for new items to be crafted.
11. Insufficient bag space If you wanted to sell containers they would take up a whole bag slot and you could not use that bag for storage. Some craft quests required crafting multiple items, each of which took up an inventory slot. Never start a craft quest unless you have all the materials needed.
12 Impossible craft quests - some craft quests involved crafting items that did not have recipes. You could ask for a replacement quest but were often given the same impossble quest again and could not ask for further replacement quests.
13 Insufficient resources There were not enough resources in the low level zones for gathering/mining. In many zones, two thirds of the players were fighting over a limited number of resource spawns rather than fighting mobs.
14 Houses had no function I was disappointed in the housing. The only functional piece of furniture was the bulletin board which was required if you wanted to sell. The only items you could store in your room were furniture and pets which had no function. Paying for upgrades to the flooring and walls made little difference to the appearance. You also had to pay regular rent on the room.

The game had a lot of bugs which I would hope have been fixed by now. Bugs included:
- all servers down for several days.
- food consumed while casting but no benefit given.
- crash to desktop if you ran into architecture.
- unable to do quests because quest NPC's were invisible (above or below the world?).
- skill levels gained in gathering/mining would be lost when you gain a crafting level or adventure level.
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:11 pm

Re: Mmorg's ARE fun

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
If you have a regular group of friends who are leveling at the same rate then this game can be fun.

Hower, I played Everquest 2 until December 2004 and it was an unpleasant experience.

The game was full of bugs on both the server and your own interface. Crash to desktop was common and I finally quit when the servers went down for several days. In game customer service took hours.

I disliked the following gameplay issues:

1. Massive death penalties If you die you get an experience penalty, a temporary penalty (several days) to statistics, and armor damage that needed repairs.
2. Shared experience debt - if a party member died all the party members had an experience penalty. This resulted in people refusing to group with anyone they did not know. On one occasion I joined a group and they all died while I was running to join them. The group then disbanded. So, I had a huge experience debt and never actually got to play with the group. Most of the time, you gained experience faster by soloing.
3. Shard(corpse) recovery - In addition to the experience penalty, if you died you suffered a temporary (several days long) penalty to your statistics. The experience penalty could be cleared by running and recovering your shard at the location where you died. Runs back to shards could be long and fraught with danger as you fought your way through the mobs. Bad luck if you died at the bottom of a dungeon and you were unable to fight your way back because some of your party had to leave. It was also possible to fall and die in impossbile to reach locations. One one occasion I fell and died. After several more deaths due to falling, it became clear that you could not climb down to where you died. 24 hours after petitioning, customer service finally fixed it.
4. Healing spells failed too frequently - Healing spells would randomly fail to cast (fizzle). If you played for an hour, it was guarranteed you would have multiple fizzles in a row resulting in a party death. Party members would also abuse you for not healing when this happened.
5. Inconsistent quest interface - You had to keep a paper log of quests so you could return to the quest giver for your reward after you completed the task. Guards would sometimes tell you where a quest giver was in the zone, sometimes they could not. Some quested items would be stored in inventory, some would not be stored in inventory but you still got quest credit for them. If you destroyed the inventoried quest items, you had to get those items again.
6. Mage pets enraging swarms of mobs- Mages had summoned pets. The pets when fighting a mob would sometimes dance around the dungeon, enraging every mob in sight.
7. Mage pets fought inside walls - pets would fight a mob inside a wall where the mage could not heal the pet or cast on the mob. Pet would die, then mage would die.
8. Instant death when resurrected - On one occasion I was resurrected underwater multiple times and died instantly to drowning with no timer or warning.
9. Crafters have to get adventure levels Blizzard advertised that you could be a crafter or an adventurer. However, you could be an adventurer or a crafter/adventurer. Being just a crafter was not viable. The craft system is a "combat system" and you need hit points and power (mana) for spells. The only way to get hit points and more power was by gaining adventure levels.
10. No market for crafters Armor and weapons could be used and then passed on to another character. Items won from killing mobs or quests were as good as crafted items. As characters leveled, their old gear hit the market resulting in there being no need for new items to be crafted.
11. Insufficient bag space If you wanted to sell containers they would take up a whole bag slot and you could not use that bag for storage. Some craft quests required crafting multiple items, each of which took up an inventory slot. Never start a craft quest unless you have all the materials needed.
12 Impossible craft quests - some craft quests involved crafting items that did not have recipes. You could ask for a replacement quest but were often given the same impossble quest again and could not ask for further replacement quests.
13 Insufficient resources There were not enough resources in the low level zones for gathering/mining. In many zones, two thirds of the players were fighting over a limited number of resource spawns rather than fighting mobs.
14 Houses had no function I was disappointed in the housing. The only functional piece of furniture was the bulletin board which was required if you wanted to sell. The only items you could store in your room were furniture and pets which had no function. Paying for upgrades to the flooring and walls made little difference to the appearance. You also had to pay regular rent on the room.

The game had a lot of bugs which I would hope have been fixed by now. Bugs included:
- all servers down for several days.
- food consumed while casting but no benefit given.
- crash to desktop if you ran into architecture.
- unable to do quests because quest NPC's were invisible (above or below the world?).
- skill levels gained in gathering/mining would be lost when you gain a crafting level or adventure level.

1. The stat reduction is no longer there.
2. There is no more shared exp debt.
3. There are no more shards.
4. Maybe you had some bad luck there.
5. Quest interface was redone last summer.
6 & 7. rare
8. There are now rez confermation boxs so you can decline the rez.
9. Not sure what your saying here, you can be a level 60 crafter and a level 6 adventurer.
10. most crafted items are atuneable now, so only 1 person can use them once equipped.
11. empty bags have been able to be stored in bags for a long time.
12. I have never seen this happen.
13. Having to find your resources is as important to crafters as finding mobs for adventurers.
14. Player housing rocks.

You may want to try again, but then again it sounds like its to hard for you.
Why dont you go play toontown.
Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:02 am

Melvil
Village Leader
Village Leader

To the guest who posted above, yes all those issues have been addressed, but it still doesn't address the most important flaw in EQ2. The game lacks heavily in the fun department. WoW and Guid Wars blow it out of the water in this regard. My experience in EQ2 was never really that fun, or very immersive. The zone design for the starter areas was so bland, uninspired, and otherwise horrid, that it really called the artists for EQ2 into question about what their overall vision for the game world was supposed to be.

Also, insofar as your parting words to the poster you quoted, get a life. He pointed out several HUGE flaws in the original release of the game. Too hard? Not even close, EQ2 is frustratingly easy, so much so that I quit the game after 3 weeks. Also, SOE tries to nickel and dime you at every corner for extra content, or account features, and don't even get me started on the Station Exchange.

WoW and Guild Wars are vastly superior online games, and the latter doesn't even charge you monthly fees.
Post Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:03 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next