questions about "stealing"
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
chickentender
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

questions about "stealing"

if i succesfully sneak into someone's house w/0 them ever knowing and take things from either their chests or shelves.

Will this effect anything in the game albeit my relationship with that npc or my alignment or anything?
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:46 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

No. Except for Lobert the farmer, take his farmer togs from his open chest and he will always know it and will be mad at you. You can give togs back to him which make things good; refuse and Lobert, with the whole farm, will attack you.

PS you can 'borrow' them to get into city (or kill first bandits), then return and approach Lobert to activate his anger then give him back the togs and all is normal.

If you do get caught and still get away, that NPC will hate you and sometimes they forget about it afte a time; some others you must pay Andre money to clear your name, 50 gold per person who saw the crime.

Harbor distric is no law and do not have to pay. Outside at other farms they will be mad if they catch you and stay that way for good. Just try not to get caught; sneaking helps not to wake people up or alert NPC that may hear you or are looking at you.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:26 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, just don't get caught.
If you join the Militia, you have more freedom when invading people's homes. Like if they're asleep, they won't get up unless you stand right beside their bed. So no sneaking necessary.

I was expecting the characters to get a little pissed off at least when they lose their purse or what-not. Like "Damn it, someone stole my purse. Would you know anything about that?"
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:05 am