cd case.........

I wil tri my bestest too spel
www.mallmonkeys.com is funny
so is www.squidi.net
Post Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:55 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

If it doesn't come out in April at the latest, I probably won't bother buying it when it does come out. Your right, this is getting ridiculous.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:36 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
I agree, most of the best games with any smart comes from Europe. USA just goes fot the stupid average joe six pack. Most games I enjoy were from Germany. Gothic, Patrician 2, Arx Fatalis, 1602 AD, Cossacks games (English?) whole kufloaden of great games.

Congratulations, this qualifies you for 1503 AD and Port Royale! Both games seem to be even better than their predecessors.

quote:
...I feel like I live in a police state ,,,,things are really getting "tight" here and I think bad things are coming,,,,are we USA getting fooled into something???? Miene Kampf................

We have a nice German word for "police state": Überwachungsstaat. (surveillance state, like George Orwell describes it in '1984'.)

The German game industry is in bad condition right now. Every few weeks a developer or publisher goes bankrupt. The games are more interesting and of higher quality than ever before. Most games now even have good interfaces and a storyline, not only complexity. But the distribution side is dramatically lacking. Games like Gothic II, Aquanox 2, Anno 1503/1602, Patricians & Port Royale, many Soccer managers, many economic sims, Diggles/Wiggles, Project Nomads, X - Beyond the Frontier, Soldiers of Anarchy, Desperados & Robin Hood, etc. are amongst the best games in their respective genres. Spellforce, Söldner: Secret Wars, X2, Sacred, The Y Project and Far Cry are also looking very promising. The first 3 even have chances to become new genre leaders IMO.
Only 2 German or Austrian developers don´t have distribution problems:
-Max Design (Anno 1602 & 1503); publ. Ascaron, distr. EA
-Factor 5 (many Star Wars games); long time partnership with LucasArts opens every door.
Post Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:29 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

Then let JoWood go bankrupt so we can buy Gothic 2 directly from Piranha Bytes.

Can't Piranha Bytes just take an other publisher. I think if they do they sell a lott more and maybe JoWood would go bankrupt. Sound like the best deal to me.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:12 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Xerox, PB sold the game to the publisher (JoWooD) so they wouldn't go bankrupt.
Post Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:34 pm
sfar200213
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

English Date

Amazon.co.uk were sayin March 7th, but since that has passed their now saying.............MAY 2nd...............this is starting to make my nipples turn red If Jowood could release the german version, why cant they release the english version, the game is finished totally for godness sake (see that im so angry but is till managed to refrain from swearing!)
Post Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:40 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

It's actually all a terrorist plot against the USA. The lives of thousand of Americans will be forever ruined by waiting for this game to be released. Nothing will be accomplished and the economy will quickly deteriorate as people refuse to leave their computer in case a release date is given. It's all a plot I tell you!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:31 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

No way. Germany is way too cool to harbor terrorists.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:45 pm
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

Delays and more delays now I would by the game when it arrives to kmart at 9.99$ in the antiques part of the store.
Post Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:35 am
dutch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

if gothic 2 doesn't get delayed anymore i'll be happy, but when i go to the computer game store and they tell me a different date, i'll kill the clerk. And the owner. oh yeah, drizzt do'urden awesome gothic soul
Post Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:00 am
tuv21
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If GII will delay once more, then it is totally delayd for me. In July I have a lot of exams and other school dutyes to do.

I feel a little sorry about those Piranha guys. They have done a lot of hard work and now they lose many fans because of JoWood financial issues.
Post Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:51 pm
x_Noble_Paladin_x
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Good lord!!??!! MAY FREAKIN 2ND?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY GOD? WHY?

I wil tri my bestest too spel
www.mallmonkeys.com is funny
so is www.squidi.net
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:59 am
Greb Jnnayr
Village Leader
Village Leader

Uh, Oh
I hope Gothic 2 doesn't get the same fate as Legends of the Blade Masters" by Ronin Games.

That game was completed back in 2000, but because of stupidity by the publisher it still has not come out. The website has barely changed from saying " Coming soon for the PC and Dreamcast" to "Find out mor about this exciting title" also the publishers name is off the web page, now it just has the Developers logo on it. I hope that means that they are lookin for another Publisher for this game. This game looks like to be a great game.
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:18 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

[rant]
I wonder what some of you expected. You all have seen what JoWooD did with Arx Fatalis. Now the same thing happens to Gothic II. Release 6 months later. It tooks weeks to have Arx available in every store.

And why the hell do you believe release dates given to you by shops? They have to tell you something to get your preorder. I´m not even sure JoWooD themselves know when G2 will be shipped. Don´t you have other games to play or friends to meet?

In case nobody told you:
Hardcore gamers are irrelevant for a product´s commercial success. What counts are retail sales to casual gamers. Not even a Warcraft 3 would reach the break even only through hardcore gamer sales.

Some people here should really grow up.
[/rant]
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:40 pm
LaBaN
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Gorath is perfectly right. Pull your guts together and face the truth.
Post Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:16 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21, 22, 23  Next