Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
You know you've been waiting too long for Gothic 2 when...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Ok guys, i really need help. im going out to town tommorro to buy a new rpg.
Any nice ideas...i like games with guilds ("he's Guild mad") and fantasy based worlds.
Help!
Post Tue May 13, 2003 9:03 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I think you can see that there are no games like Gothic. Why??
I don’t know… maybe because it wasn’t promoted like the Biggies
I had come across Gothic by accident, searching the web for RPGs
I tried the demo and hated the controls at first. Now Gothic has wrecked all other game for me. I bought Unreal 2 and played it for about 2 to 3 hours and haven’t played it since.
I played Gothic 8x now and its starting to get old. I did enjoy Arx but I haven’t replayed it and I’m trying to play Morrowind for the 3rd time but it’s not the same. I will buy Boodmoon for Morrowind and the upcoming expansion for Neverwinter Nights just to ease the pain.

I’m really having a hard time waiting for Gothic 2. I’ll start another game and while playing I’ll start thinking about Gothic (battles, NPCs and countryside) and I will start it up again.

Man… I wish I wasn’t at work guess what I be starting up for the 9th time?
Post Tue May 13, 2003 10:52 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

yeah but..playing gothic 8x is stupid...becuase that gay ass sect quest is bloody annoying..and it gets way annoying..thats why GII is gonna be 10 times better..because you can complete it in many different ways..
Post Tue May 13, 2003 11:04 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by ziBzi
yeah but..playing gothic 8x is stupid...becuase that gay ass sect quest is bloody annoying..and it gets way annoying..thats why GII is gonna be 10 times better..because you can complete it in many different ways..

I have to agree.
After playing it the forth time, I would start a new game and insert a saved hero at level 3 or 5 and go through the first chapter. Also trying all the cheats
If you find a game let me know.
Post Wed May 14, 2003 12:22 am
Abbath
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I've played it 1 and a 1/2 times and I won't play it again because I think it's the same no matter what camp you join (almost)
Post Wed May 14, 2003 6:57 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, it is lots of fun replaying if you choose a different character class, I first played aa a warrior, now i'm playing as a mage. Discover new ways of killing things!
Post Wed May 14, 2003 9:30 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Yeah..but if each camp had its own storyline and quests the game would have been alot better..even though it is my most favoured Rpg..
But playing the game over and over is pritty jacked up, you got to be a mindless zombie to do that 8x!!!
i have done it about 4..but i save before i become a guard so i can become a mage and a gaurd and have two different games..
i start off the game once..and never start it again..saying that i have started it a couple since i had to reboot..lol..but once i start it and get past the first 5 levels..then i save it into 3 different blocks,,1 for sect..1 for new camp..and 1 for old camp..
Post Wed May 14, 2003 9:53 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3