New Pal
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

New Pal

While wandering around Ascension Peak leveling up I ran into Pee Wee again since He ran away at the first battle several levels ago. He was green and is fighting in front for my solo fairy. I never thought an enemy NPC would change sides. He runs away sometime but I find him again and He fights baddies for me again. I did fight a Level 50 Serpent, 1 million points and Pee Wee ran away half way thru.MY first Level 50 enemy, I'm lvl 9 bishop,Lvl 21 Ninja, Level 30. I have the Cane of Corpus but use WinterWand and fairy Stick. Monsters have Death cloud, Draining,Death wish now. Battles are tough. Using Purify Air and Eye for Eye take up most of my magic casts so I try to melee.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:59 pm
otter
One of Us

It's almost like he turns into a huger version of Max...
In all my games that got that far, it's only happened once for me, and i haven't heard of it elsewhere. Kinda fun, huh?
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:57 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Yes It's fun! Pee Wee crunches every thing except lvl 50 monsters which I melee'. This game constantly surprises me. I could go all the way to Lvl 50 probably Just hangin' with my new best friend .
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:47 am
otter
One of Us

Yah, and unlike with RPC's, you get ALL the XP!
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:48 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Alas, Pee Wee is level 30 and the monsters are getting to him.
He needs healing in battle now ,I fear I may lose him soon, I'm level 34. I'm trying for level 50.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:40 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Level 50 characters is a fine goal - but don't waste your time trying to get characters past there. Level 50 is the highest a character can get. (Although I have no idea what the maximum monster level is that these characters would be fighting - obviously the absolute toughest fights in the game.)
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:24 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

I made it to level 36. I'm just leveling up to see what happens. not much different, just stronger types of the same monsters with huge resistances. Melle with dual rod of sprites is still doing it. i'm not casting much, just walking up and Wham. It's a pleasant change to just fight and level. I have'nt got the Chaos Molari yet. Banjin at level 40 may hold tough monsters.When I get lonely I take vi for a while, she's at level 32, a tank.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:09 pm
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

I believe I had read elsewhere that if you class change before you reach level 50, then you can continue to gain levels in your new profession. So level 50 is a per profession limit, not a per character limit.

EDIT: Here is a thread about it. www.softwarespecialties.com/dcforum/DCForumID7/1585.html
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:19 pm
otter
One of Us

eh, er, ah, WOW! I didn't have the patience to get over 38 with the one party (of two) i thought i'd go to 50 with. Maybe...
Anyway, i'd probably do party of 2 again, one Alch to L14 to get Portal asap, making sure the attributes qalified for whatever else i wanted to be, then i'd rotate classes a few levels at a time rather than staying one for long. well, maybe....If i do, i'll bump the Party Tracker, if i can find it...
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:11 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Level 40 does it

I finally got to Level 40. Takes a long time to level up now. I might change to a bishop next lvl. Or I might restart. Love
wizfast, my sincere thanks to It's creator. I missed alot of Armor this game since faries have little.Next game will be a 2 party with a fighter and another
Fairy, I think. The game is just as much fun at the start as at a high level.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:34 pm