Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gorasul demo
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread

*sigh* i had this feeling i wouldn't be able to edit!!

okay... try this link:

http://www.pcgames.de/index.cfm?article_id=9852

V***V
Post Thu Aug 02, 2001 9:42 pm

Stefan Hoffmann
Silver Dragon of Gorasul
Silver Dragon of Gorasul

Hello vesselle!

Thanks for making this clear.

In the meantime, JoWooD also offers both demos at http://www.jowood.de (German site).

Stefan Hoffmann
Post Fri Aug 03, 2001 6:33 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Btw, I like the demo. A lot of wordy german goes over my head, but basically, the game looks well-designed and playable. Some of the graphics look slightly blocky, but this is a demo anyway.

I played a Schwertrichter, is the sentient sword unique to that class?
Post Thu Aug 23, 2001 11:45 am
Stefan Hoffmann
Silver Dragon of Gorasul
Silver Dragon of Gorasul

Hello Maggot!

No, the sentient sword isn't unique to the "Schwertrichter". This is a limitation of the demo because the character animation occupies too much space.

In the final game you have free choice between 7 different sentient weapons, no matter what class you choose (Though some weapons fits better to some classes).

Post Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:51 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

But do any of the sentient swords speak english yet? <:

Post Thu Aug 23, 2001 2:10 pm
Stefan Hoffmann
Silver Dragon of Gorasul
Silver Dragon of Gorasul

Hello Stiletto!

Of course they speak english. But not to the public at the moment, they are a bit shy.

Ok, seriously: Since we got goldmaster status for the German version, we're focussing on the english version (with priority "highest").

Post Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:03 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

When did you get the gold status? And why didn't you tell?

Post Thu Aug 23, 2001 5:52 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

He just said it. I heard him! Or maybe it was one of the sentient swords... Either case, its good news if the English version is now "Highest Priority". Maybe we can get those english speaking sentient swords to come out of their scabbards after all!

Post Thu Aug 23, 2001 7:13 pm
Stefan Hoffmann
Silver Dragon of Gorasul
Silver Dragon of Gorasul

Hello again!

(Stefan chokes the sentient sword.)

"'Goldmaster'? Did anyone say 'Goldmaster'?"

Hm, ok, to be honest: Yes, the German version of Gorasul is done now. And no, we still found no need for an "emergency patch", hehe. This is why we could set the English version to priority 1.

Post Tue Aug 28, 2001 8:10 am
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

I take it you have all the distribution and stuff covered, so when you are done with the English version you can actually sell the English version and release an English version demo? I am just asking because I don't want to run into another waiting game with a finished English version sitting in a back room waiting for someone to decide its time to release it! Not gunna name any names or anything...

Post Tue Aug 28, 2001 11:59 am
Draszmar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I played the Demo until I freed the village and I have to say, I wasn't impressed at all.
I think, it was way to easy, the graphics are ugly and all in all I had the impression of a poor man's Baldur's Gate.

The evolvement of the weapon is kind of nice, but that's the only good thing I have to say.

The language of the NPCs is HORRIBLE, especially in the village, it's like today's common language. Or for our German-speaking friends, nearly like Erkan & Stefan: Voll brontal, konkret kraß!
Post Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:51 pm
Garrett

Well, well, well, if it isn't my friend Draszmar! Nice to have you on our boards, bud!

[ This Message was edited by: Garrett on 2001-08-29 09:07 ]
Post Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:06 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

Yes, but how did you REALLY feel Draszmar? I think you are perhaps holding back your real feelings. You can be blunt with us!

Post Wed Aug 29, 2001 5:23 pm
Stefan Hoffmann
Silver Dragon of Gorasul
Silver Dragon of Gorasul

@Stiletto:
Hm, I'm not quiet sure if I understood you right. The decisions for the english releases are made, the demo will be issued not much earlier then the release.

@Draszmar:
Ooops, too bad that you don't like the demo at all. Ok, I guess I have to accept that. But some smaller things I want to make clear.

Yes, the demo was rather easy for advanced players. The options for difficulty were not available (in fact, they were there, but only by cheat), we completed these menus afterwards. If you ever try the final game (did not sound like this ), please please please use "hard" as the difficulty level, that definetely should solve your problem (*evilgrin*). If anyone would ever say that "hard" isn't hard enough, we will offer a "hell" mode by the next patch.

Well, about the language: No, please, the game text isn't like Erkan & Stefan language, not at all. The language of the villagers is rather primitive sometimes and there are expressions in it which you might find mismatching or too modern, but it's quiet far from a comedy slang.
You also will see that persons talk quiet different depending from their character. Villagers talk different from the citizens of the big cities, the grandmaster Jenai talks different than the dragon Veas. The different sentient weapons all have their own language style.
Post Wed Aug 29, 2001 8:11 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

Stefan: I was sort of refering to Gothic where they have the English version finished, but can not release it because they do not have a publisher. I was sort of asking if you have publishers and everything lined up for the English version so that when you finish coding it, you can actually sell it. Unlike Pirahna Bytes who has the finished product sitting on a dusty shelf in the back office that they store office supplies in.

Post Thu Aug 30, 2001 3:25 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next