View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

First ingame screenshot looks awesome

Just wanted to cheer out as a fan and not as a newseditor :

The newly released screen looks truly awesome. For the ones who haven't seen it: Click me as fast as you can, me! me!

The trees and plants look really good. Have you've seen the mushrooms near the tree?
Finally the game has some real stairs and not a diagonal area with a stairs texture.

I also like the armor the demo-character is wearing. It looks very detailed and I like the style a lot. I don't think this is the hero yet, they'll probably show him with a lot of fuss and drumrolls and fireworks.
Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:32 pm
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: First ingame screenshot looks awesome

I like how they kept their old style despite using a new engine (even though it's more Gothic 2 than Gothic 1).
Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:50 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

Looks great, although the "skill" bar is a bit "anti-Gothic", so to say. I know this game will have alot of mouse features, but maybe it was better if they kept it the same style, with no visible mouse.

The screen looks awesome though!
Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:55 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

That sure looks amazing! it even reminds me of gothic, same style, same colours etc. The game is really starting to take it's shape. And those orc guards are wearing nice armor. Blasted orcs! I think they are elite class, not just regular orcs. What do you think, is the one standing at the back an orcish warlord?

Last edited by Dez on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:28 pm
Zocky
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Great stuff!
There's just one thing I'm not sure or rather afraid. From this screenshot it seems that camera has changed. Is it still like in G1& g2(just over the head 3rd person veiw), or is more li Dungeon Siege veiw, which looks like from this pic? IF they have changed the view, I think this will kinda ruin the filling.
Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:40 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Neo_Genesis
... but maybe it was better if they kept it the same style, with no visible mouse.

I don't see a mouse?!

@Zocky: In gothic 1 and 2 you can also change the camera distance to something like this, so I assume it will be possible to get closer to the character as well.
Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:59 pm
Arexen
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'd be willing to bet the devs will include a feature that sets options/controls to old style G1 & G2
Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:19 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
quote:
... but maybe it was better if they kept it the same style, with no visible mouse.

I don't see a mouse?!

@Zocky: In gothic 1 and 2 you can also change the camera distance to something like this, so I assume it will be possible to get closer to the character as well.

Indeed, you don't see a mouse. But if I remember correctly, Kai said in an interview that the game will be changed in a way that the mouse becomes a very important thing. He said that the gameplay would be influenced by the mouse, since it would be a huge part of playing the game.
Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:59 am
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Looks great, although the "skill" bar is a bit "anti-Gothic", so to say.

I agree with the above statement 100%.
Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:11 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I don't think it's "anti Gothic". The whole point of the software, or anything, is to advance instead of clinging to old stuff. So it's about time Gothic also advances and UI gets new functionalities. Also, I wouldn't take this screenshot as a final, at least when it comes to interface - game is not yet released and most likely there will still be plenty of changes done to it. Additionally, as the PB said, the combat will be more advanced and most likely there will be special styles or combos to be used and those are best activated from a "hotkey bar".
Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:27 am
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

the hotkey bar is something for Diablo or NWN-styled games. In gothic you control what your character does, different key combinations should be used to do a combo, not pressing one hotkey and your char does a bunch of ubermoves on his own like in alot of other RPGs.
Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:05 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

that bar seems strange to me too, but I think it is a kind of bar where you just choose your weapon. or so it seems to me
but those orcs: they look great and look at there weapon? looks kindalike the ore -sword of G when it had just been pumped up
dammit I want to play it NOW NOW NOW, that one screenshot makes me feel like I am playing already again
oh well got a few months to dream
Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:01 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

It's a quick-bar which can be toggled with F4.

quote:
Originally posted by IvanErtlov Community Manager of JoWooD
Das ist etwas sehr feines, nämlich eine Art Schnellzugriff aufs Inventar, der über die Zifferntasten zugänglich ist (ähnlich wie bei WoW die primäre selbstbelegbare Interfaceleiste) Da drin kann man alle Items plazieren, die interagieren können, also Waffen, Scrolls, Tränke e.t.c.

You can place all the items you'll need often (weapons, scrolls, potions etc.) in that bar and toggled it when you need it.
Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:12 pm
spritex
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I like it how the trees look quite convincingly like pines.

And it does look like Gothic

I really hope that they include interactive detail in the environment. Like hidden bodies with stuff to pick up scattered in the deep of the forest etc.
Just the way it was before. Morrowind and Oblivion seem to lack this?
Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:17 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

that could be a hugh improvement. Haven't any of you ever had the problem with taking the wrong spell, or your crosbow instead of your sword with being fast? althoug the changingmoves where cool, so I hope they keep them and don't replace them with a instant change(diablo like) although you shouldn't be able to put healthpotions in there, cause it was great to need togo running to heal yourself , or that it would leave you unarmed instead, than it would be axcepable
Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:19 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next