Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Resting,,,,,,WHERE'S MY BED AT DANGIT!!!!!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
DragonVein
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Resting,,,,,,WHERE'S MY BED AT DANGIT!!!!!!!

Hello all,

Yes, im a newbie, lol. I cant seem to find a bed to sleep in to rest. Is there another way of resting other than getting a bed? Why cant I rest by just standing still? Everytime I find a bed, it tells me it belongs to someone else. Will I really go to jail if I try to sleep in it, lol. <-----common, say it aint so, lol.
Post Thu May 01, 2003 9:08 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

If you sleep in other people's beds and get caught, you'll be in trouble. You can sleep at inns (ask the barkeeper for a room) if you have money, and you can sleep out in the wilderness beyond a town's borders. If you do the latter, wild animals and roving monsters might interrupt your sleep.

You also have the chance to get a house of your own later on, sleep in the house of your girlfriend (if your character is male, happens to meet this female and solve all the quests for her) and if you participate in the main plot somebody will let you live in his house while he's out of town.
Post Thu May 01, 2003 9:18 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Jaz left out:

If you kill the owner of a bed, you can sleep in it worry free ... assuming no one saw you do it.
Post Fri May 02, 2003 8:00 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

you can get a bed early in the game in seyda neen by doing the murder of the tax collector quest....
Lestat
Post Fri May 02, 2003 8:04 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by lestat14
you can get a bed early in the game in seyda neen by doing the murder of the tax collector quest....
Lestat

As I said ... if you kill an owner, you get his bed.

Edited to put a smilie in ... it sounded too course ... not at all what I had intended. Which is what happens when I get tired ... I get terse. I am sorry. I just hope Lestat will forgive me for seeming to be rude.

Last edited by Lintra on Fri May 02, 2003 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Fri May 02, 2003 8:09 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

Or just lockpick a closed house/ hut in seyda neen. That way you can get a bed to.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Fri May 02, 2003 8:33 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

i didn't take it like that..i thought you were just agreeing w/ me..tis all....
Lestat
Post Fri May 02, 2003 10:49 pm
DragonVein
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

lestat14 - I like your avatar. Reminds me of Rastlin from the old days of D&D (my favorite character).

Thanks for all the replies everyone . I finally found a bed and didnt have to kill anyone or pay rent for it . It was upstairs in some shop and the attendant was downstairs. I saved my game before hand, heh, then tried my luck. 7 hours (game time) later, I awoke fresh and new and ready for a new day fully healed and the shop attendant was still standing there, lol.

Would that be an exploit? Cause I could just go there whenever, cause the shop keepers NEVER move, right? So, was that bed put there for ME to find/sleep in or what?

I also noticed that some critters cant seem to find their way up a hill. I can sit there and shoot them with arrows all day and nothing happen to me. Is this considered an Exploit too? <--- Regardless, I stopped doing it cause it was TOO easy. Whats the fun in fighting something that cant fight back? Just a waste of my time IMHO.
Post Sat May 03, 2003 3:02 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by DragonVein

I also noticed that some critters cant seem to find their way up a hill. I can sit there and shoot them with arrows all day and nothing happen to me. Is this considered an Exploit too? <--- Regardless, I stopped doing it cause it was TOO easy. Whats the fun in fighting something that cant fight back? Just a waste of my time IMHO.

I kind of exploit. If the beastie's athletics (or is it acrobatics??) skill is not high enough to make it up the slope it can't go. While this is fun now, later a number of quests have people follow you ... and most of them can't climb worth a dam (= small wooden Indian coin, now extinct).
Post Tue May 06, 2003 1:37 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

a little something i discovered......if you download the furnishings plug-in and use it in your game...goto balmora and you can guy a roll up bed..then in the wilderness you can drop it rest on it then pick it back up....lol....adds a sense of realism to the game i think.....i am also going to experiment w/ some of the other furnishings you can buy..see if i can make like a type of campsite...would be prett kewl..just bur what you need and make a little campsite and a few containers set it up somewhere out of the way..like on a ledge or something and bam..you get a little place where you can stash stolen stuff and whatnot .....
Lestat
Post Wed May 14, 2003 8:08 pm