Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Disciples II Gold - older TBS worth buying??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Disciples II Gold - older TBS worth buying??

I've read several good reviews of Disciples II, in fact I havent seen a bad word uttered anywhere about it yet. I just bought the gold edition with like all the expansions included, seemed like a hell of a deal for 20 bucks. I never seem to see much about this game anywhere, anyone here play it, like it, obsessed with it??

Gamer's Info has had a couple really enticing reviews of the series, I finally just ordered it, it sounds like a really good fantasy RPGish TBS

http://www.gamersinfo.net/index.php?art/id:976

http://www.gamersinfo.net/index.php?art/id:923
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:04 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I played it some time ago. It was decent game. I wasn't really excited, but enjoyed it.

Hope you'll have fun with it.
Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:49 am
Smorri
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've played both Disciples I and II. I have the individual add-ons, but I haven't played them yet because I like to spread out the goodness I really enjoyed Disciples, but I think I prefer Age of Wonders I by a small margin. Age of Wonders II is suppose to be even better, but I haven't played it yet.

Oi!

Smorri Nosebiter
( Currently Drunk in Fate of the Dragon and Divine Divinity)
Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:51 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Disciples 2 is a great game. One of my favorites. The main thing that I love about it is the very good story and the hand drawn art. It looks fantastic.

On the other hand the last of the expansions, Rise of the Elves fully disappointed me, but the core game and the 2 expansion were were very good.
Post Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:16 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Yeah, Im having a pretty good time with it, blown away by the art as well. I got the gold ed that has tons of portraits and concept sketches. The color pics have almost like a Simon Bisley type grit to them, and the sketches look pretty LOTR-stonerish, lots of fine lines.

Tho I am enjoying it, as it's such a change of pace from what I normally play, I'm getting my head handed to me by this game alot. It looks like there's just alot of things to learn by trial and error alone,as the manual is pretty insufficient. Ive found myself alt-tabbed out quite a bit, scouring the manual pdf, again not seeing the answers to my questions. Several times, Ive found myself wiping out the various enemies and armies on the map, just to reach the "boss" ie the "guardians" such as Ashkael, and first blow of the fight he wipes my entire party out with a spell! I'm left staring at several piles of bones thinking "ummm.. well, back to the old drawing board..". It's actually quite funny

Archangel

Archdevil

Dwarf

Wizard

“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:23 am