Poison clouds?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Poison clouds?

Ok...enemy poison clouds do hardly any damage....but the annoying thing is....their twitch effect....I can't run and fire if the twitching slows me down. Is there any way to escape the twitchiness? Its bugging the heck outta me when I'm standing there twitching and all the dark ghouls buddies are beating on me. Any help would be appreciated. Also...don't tell me when...or where...but are there any more lizard jockeys left in the game? I thought the first one was pretty cool. Despite the fact I couldn't kill it...heh. Right now I'm also trying to find a decent non-bow weapon that does over 100 damage....apparently they don't exist. And try even finding a one handed weapon so you can use those nifty shields....bleh... most one handed weapons pale in comparison to the two handed. Yea there is an arguement for poisoned weapons....and yes...they work great on orcs, trolls, humanoids, etc... but not lizards, or mutated spiders, or the undead unfortunately....which are the majority of the dark forest and environs.. Sorry if my posts are long winded but I'd rather not spam. Oh yea...hooray! 200th post!
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:24 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Sure there is a way to avoid twichiness. Don't walk into any poisoned clouds.

Yes, there are more dragon riders.

I think you can get a good bow from the elvish bowyer in the Elven village. You get it as a reward for changing his daughter back from a cow into a elf again.

The holy weapon (sword) is a good one-handed weapon.
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:34 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Err....the sword in the stone? or the weapon you get from combining three amulets?
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:18 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

The sword from the Holy Weapon quest. Not the sword in the stone.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:42 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

where is the third item for the holy weapon quest? I have the dagger and the amulet.....also...where are the rest of the dragon armor? I have the gloves....belt.... and I think the plate mail I have is a part of it....I also have the gem...the plate mail tells me I need a certain enchantment to make it really special.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:38 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You won't get the sword until after you enter Stormfist Castle. I don't want to spoil anything to bad for you here.

That's not the plate mail I think.
It would say it's a piece of the Dragon Armor. You get the plate mail from Sir Patrick, you get the helm from the Dwarven King, and you get the shield from the Stormfist Castle armory. Some pieces you cannot get until certian plot elements have happened.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:35 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

I was just wondering where everything was due to the fact all previous quests before the time you turn into the divine one turn into failed quests. Like stopping the war between the dwarves and elves...I had gotten the elf lord also the person who joins the council of seven to promise to back off from the war....then found the culprit who stole the axe which was Moriendor and foiled him...I returned the axe....then told the king what was going on in the mines and even read and picked up the letter Moriendor left.....but the king keeps telling to find out what happened and never says anything else. I also realized the following spells/skills were useless on alot of creatures except a small few. Stealing was only good for 2 levels and only for the plague quest....otherwise you failed more often than succeeding, meteor strike was OK....but there were alot of critters with fire resistance....poison weapon was semi-useful....mostly on orcs... otherwise undead, for which there are heaps, weren't affected by it... identify was useless cause money never really poses a problem for me, heaven's blessing was useless due to the fact you consumed a ton of mana for just one casting, summon skeleton was useless because they are fairly weak no matter how many points you have in it, same with skeletal wall, and thats all I can think of for now. On a side note.... was there ever a teleporter that needed the lizard teleportation scroll? One more thing... can you cast spells on yourself and use potions before the fight with Burleigh and still get some benefit from them?
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:31 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Did you turn in the dwarven town mayor, Gregor, as a traitor? Take the letter you got after defeating Moriendor to the King. The King will then tell you about collecting the rest of the dragon armor.

Yes, there is a lizard teleporter in Verdistis.

Don't know, I defeated him the old fashioned way.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:40 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

how do you turn in Gregor? and I can't carry anything to the king due to the guards making me hand everything over to them when I try entering the throne room.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:53 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Give the letter to the King. The letter was sitting near the Stone Axe. Throw the letter past the guards and pick it up when you get past them.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:01 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

ah thanks...I'm starting over anyway due to the poor skill/spell choices I made. I could've used them elsewhere.....I really should have spent points in augment damage and augment defense as I was doing alot of melee battles....and specialized in a weapon skill. Also I apparently had alot of mana but I kept running out at crucial points and I needed alot of medium magic potions to refuel and all potion sellers were low on them. Yea I could prolly carry alot of minors....but it took a bunch of those just to fill up the bar. I never carried health potions either and restoration takes up alot of mana...especially at three points in it. I could prolly save on potions if I ever could get embrace shadows but the trouble is there is something always to force me out of that spell....some light source.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:22 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You should try camping the armory shop for magic armors that can boost your mana and health or buy the charms that increase them.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:24 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

yea but the thing is....its difficult to decide whether to choose between health/mana boosts or resistance boosts.....I usually go for resistance boosts cause I would be beaten up alot worse than I already am. Unless there is some way I could meet both in the middle. The only way I could do that is find a highly protective piece of armor with 5 charm slots...which is difficult in itself. But yea...thanks for the help.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:39 am