Stuck Level8 Crypt with Helmet Help!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I've got the helmet but I can't kill the liches for anything. I tried fireballs for days, and I'm dead. I saved just before putting the last rock on the piller. I poisened my blade, but nothing seems to work. I've been lost here so long I don't think I'll know where to go if I ever get out.
Post Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:41 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Leave the helmet there for now, it won't move... Go somewhere else and try to pass a few levels (and possibly get better weapons/armour) and return later.

Personally in my second game I left that as the last thing to do before entering that secret Akbaa place.
Post Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:51 am
Knight451
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Also if you aren't of a high enough level you can do what I did and run like the wind. Just put the helmet on and go.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:44 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I eventually decided to do this part last. With the Ylsid armour, Poxelis' shield, echanted meteor sword at level 8. I now take Ylsids with ~2 fireballs (int 12 magic ~65).

I've not actually reached him yet (game crashed) but I'm heading for him next... Man there's no way I'm reaching level 10 before the end. Still have 60k XP to do and already did Inut's quest...

I'm probably going to try killing everyone in the world 'for I finish the game just to see if it's possible to even reach it without using the stealing trick.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:52 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Stuck level 8 crypt with helmet

Thanks, I took your advice and headed for the dravian caves. Got the sword and plan to kill off a dragon before finishing the game. I made level 9 and close to ten. Thanks for the help.
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:09 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I was actually level 9 already, and with 14int, not 12. Anyway I just reached them and fired 4 fireballs and hit them maybe 10-20 times with the echanted meteor sword and they died rather quickly (took me maybe 5-10 heal potions).

I was too lazy to plan the fight more then that (ie: use more fireballs and waste less healing potions).

All in all though getting Poxelis' helm AFTER you've went to the dwarves part makes much more sense.

I'm now 50k from level 10 but all that's left to do is the ghost quest and the ylsid outpost (and possibly kill arx )

Note that they ARE indeed much harder than the ones which spawn in the crypt. Those took maybe 2 fireballs at worst.
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:55 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

helmet in level 8crypt

Thanks, I got the sword, but I'm painfully low on health potions. I can't make any yet, and for some reason I'm messing up robbing the bank the right way. I go in and get the two center chests but not the ones behind the bars. I think I could get a new level if I could rob the bank, but for now I'm on the way to get the helmet again. Have to take a time out today, but will battle in the am. Maybe you can help with bank. I killed
Gary and got that, and made the other key, but not the girls, do I need hers too?
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:12 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Doesn't killing Gary make the whole town go against you?

I have no idea how I opened the secret door to the "backroom". Once I had the key the door was just open for no reason. Perhaps you can open it at any time. It's the first wall on the left when you enter the room (where the guard usually is). At the end of that passage is a "locked button" which you need to open obviously.
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:41 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Killed Gary(Small spoiler)

I killed Gary while in his room, so no one saw. Just close the door first so no witnesses. I'll try the room again. I need to up my knowledge to 50 so can make a few potions ect. first. Hope the crypt will do this. I'm so close.
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:22 pm
Rebooter
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Red
I have no idea how I opened the secret door to the "backroom". Once I had the key the door was just open for no reason. Perhaps you can open it at any time. It's the first wall on the left when you enter the room (where the guard usually is). At the end of that passage is a "locked button" which you need to open obviously.

At one point I saw the guard open the door himself and he left it open. This was after I had pulled a lever in, I believe it was Alicia's (I think that's her name) house.
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:42 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

Bank Job

I've checked out the bank regularly (and I'm at level 9 now...so that's alot of checking...)but have never seen Gary out of the tellers cage at the bank...and his room is one of the few I've been unsuccessful lockpicking...I've been into the secret vault at the bank a number of times following the guard...once even chased and killed by the guard when he saw me...that hidden button in there will not activate for me...not before moving the lever in Alicia's house and not after...what's the story...anyone ?Thanks

THE TAROT
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:54 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Gary

I think I found him at home at a time when the guards in the castle are all asleep. Doesn't happen very often so have to just keep on checking. I guess its evening or night by the "snorring" in the guard room. Don't know when I did it, it was early in the game. Right now I'm back checking for more lockpicks. I'm out and have a few unopened chests I'd like to tackle before the final battle. This forum has been a great help. Also I think Gary is home when the bank door is locked when you go there. Hope we can both get even with him. :rpsniper: :rpsniper:
Post Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:33 am
arxtraveler
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

button on wall in office

There is a button on the wall in Gary's back room of the bank, above the table that opens the secret door. I followed gary into his house once and stole his key where no one could see.
Post Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:18 pm
Andysaurus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You no need kill big bad Litches.
You cast Repel UndeadYou put on magik helmet
You follow arrows on floor and put big bover boots exactly on arrows
Gate opens
Kill Litches later
You levitate over floor plates then gate not close ?
Fireball spell no good. Sword no good. Mugg liches with fisticuffs best.
Fair treatment for Dragons. Humans smell even worse than Chimps, so bad that even tigers don't like them. Now, We like tigers - fried, with apple sauce. That's why we're so rare, being at the Top of the Food Chain.
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:29 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Gary and the Liches

I have killed the Liches by standing on the pillar. The Gary thing in another matter. I figured out I made the key wrong. I didn"t use the gold bar with the metal. I hope I can remake after I kill off a few Ylsids in the final level. If not I'll get the gold on the next game. Now for the final attack.
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:45 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next