I cant kill the demi lich hotu
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - Spoilers

Author Thread
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I cant kill the demi lich hotu

I am a level 20 ranger and I have deekin and the assasin as my henchmen.

Im not even sure what happens Ive reloaded the fight about 15 times now. I am damging him I would say to badly wounded sometimes even, and then I die all of a sudden. It says maker hits and ur dead do u want to respond.

Anyone have any hints on how they killed the 'maker' ? Am I supposed to be ahigher level than I am?
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:43 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I never did get around to killing him. I just looted the room and ran ... he was just a little too tough for me and mine, and I *believe* I was around L20 or so.
Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:36 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

He uses several nasty save or die spells... finger of death, weird. Weird is the killer... it can wipe out the room easy

Getting something that makes you immune to death effects is a good start... otherwise you have to rely on really, really high saving throws and cross your fingers.

The sucker is pretty much invulnerable to slashing an piercing weapons in HoTU. You'll do 1 to 5 damage a hit tops. Blunt weapons are another matter... you can bash him into toothpaste in a few seconds with a powerful enough blunt weapon.

As a Ranger... duel wield any highly magical light flails that you may have found. As all D&D games you should keep the most powerful weapon of each damage type you find (blunt, slashing, piercing) because you just never know.

It's a hell of a fight for a non-blunt using fighter type (like my blackguard was). For wizards it's a joke... two empowered greater missile swarms and it's over.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:26 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I went back to the city and bought an anti death talisman and several other saving throw items.

I went full force. I tried to kill him about 20 more times. I set it to easy mode, which made me do at least 50% damage and him do 50% or less.

I tried dual weilding blunt weapons.

I couldnt even do what Lintra did. Couldnt survive that long. What I could do, is while in conversation get the assasin to open the chests and then grab a few things and then click on the exit portal.

Ill be back someday for that bastard but I think hes probably somewhere around a level 30 monster and its just no use.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:13 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
... The sucker is pretty much invulnerable to slashing an piercing weapons in HoTU. You'll do 1 to 5 damage a hit tops. Blunt weapons are another matter... you can bash him into toothpaste in a few seconds with a powerful enough blunt weapon.

Lintra bashes himself in the head while saying "Dumb, dumb. Of course use blunt weapons. Idiot!"

After his self flaggelation is completed, "Thanks Xen. I really should have though of that on my own."
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:35 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well I had absolutely no success with blunt weapons either if that helps any. He is also resistant to blunt weapons.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:08 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I do wish my character at the end could have a second go at him, he'd be lich bits in mirco seconds *grin*
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:35 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar
Well I had absolutely no success with blunt weapons either if that helps any. He is also resistant to blunt weapons.

Really? In my game I was doing something like 3 damage a hit with my longsword... but Valen was doing 15 or more until he got snuffed out like a candle. His heavy flail is what was making the differences, I was certain, since it was in every other way inferior to my +10 lifestealing haste granting longsword.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:32 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

My monk just beat the tar out of him, 3-5hp at a time. My spell resistance was excellent (monk + some magic) so he couldn't do me much harm. By the end, he was casting 1st level negative energy rays and even resorted to melee.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:04 pm