What crazy things did you do???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

What crazy things did you do???

For example the first time I played Gothic, I played it for 24 h without resting just short brakes to eat... , one of my friends didn't go to work for two weeks.
I think there are someone who can beat this small records????
Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:40 pm
Drax
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The first time I played, I kept running away from creatures (because I did not know how to fight). One time, I ran all the way to the old monastery ruins, were the snappers made an easy meal of me.

And another time, I was so curious of what was in the castle, so I ran in all the way to gomez. Again, I was quickly defeated.
Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:06 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

There are quite a few who can break those records around here, I'm sure. Still, it shows how addictive and great the game really is - whatever is left of your social life before starting Gothic will surely be gone by the time you are done with the game..
Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:16 am
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
There are quite a few who can break those records around here, I'm sure. Still, it shows how addictive and great the game really is - whatever is left of your social life before starting Gothic will surely be gone by the time you are done with the game..

Hey,hey take it easy what is this fancy talking all about "social life"
I'll tell you what is this social life: it's like living in a colony of ants, work,home, sleep, you must do something different in your life make some changes you know you must live your life not society's life.
If my friend didn'd go to work two weeks it meens that he has enough money to live his life, and do whatever he wants.
I hope you got the mesage my dear Maylander
Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:35 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

My social life....

My wife is starting to freak me out. I am(of course) a Gothic addict....a 42 year old Gothic addict , and my wife is an 18 year old semi-non-gamer, but she loves to watch me play Gothic lol. She is fascinated by the Gothic world(the Gothic GAME world.........not the freaks in black and too much strange makeup)

I know the game fairly well, but she will tell me things I should try, or where to go....and she is on the edge of her seat during any battle. The game "scares" her to much to play it alone, but she IS a Gothic convert.....and will soon be at the controls

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:37 am
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: My social life....

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
My wife is starting to freak me out. I am(of course) a Gothic addict....a 42 year old Gothic addict , and my wife is an 18 year old semi-non-gamer, but she loves to watch me play Gothic lol. She is fascinated by the Gothic world(the Gothic GAME world.........not the freaks in black and too much strange makeup)

I know the game fairly well, but she will tell me things I should try, or where to go....and she is on the edge of her seat during any battle. The game "scares" her to much to play it alone, but she IS a Gothic convert.....and will soon be at the controls

That's the spirit, soon we will have a new member in our big fan club
I realy admire and respect people who understand that games and especialy Gothic are a new art like music, movies, and literature.
"Our world is a theatre and we are the actors"
Gothic is a game and we are the gods
Post Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:58 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yup, thanks to Gothic I will never actually have a social life, so it's not something I worry about!
Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:10 pm