Usergroups
Where do I get the bow? And some more Qs
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Tybal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hello, I downloaded the demo 2 days ago and I am having a blast with it!!
I have done pretty much everything allowed in the demo, but I still have not found a bow! Where can I get one? Also, I read some of you talking about killing Mordrag but I dont see a way to do that..

And finally, what is the best sword that I can forge?

I can't wait until this game is released in the states!
Post Fri Sep 07, 2001 8:39 pm
Tybal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I now have the bow and killed Mordrag. But now I am stumped again.. how do I kill Kiago? I dont know if I got his name right, but it's the guy that wears red that you fight first in the arena. I just can't beat him! Any tips?
Post Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:20 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You should have Level 5 before you fight in the arena. Armour is also usefull. Try to knock Kirgo out while he is on his way into the arena. Timing is vital if you are weak

Now that you own abow watch your exp.!
Forged swords are only usefull early in the game. They are better than the two swords you find close the starting position and you can make some cash, ehem, ore :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2001-09-07 18:58 ]
Post Fri Sep 07, 2001 11:52 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Woah, I didn't know you ever got into the arena to fight. How do you do that? Also, how do you knock him out from behind?

I read somewhere about doing a "critical hit" or something with a bow by aiming longer. HOw is that accomplished, if at all? I've tried aiming for a LONG time, but still only does normal damage. Of course I'm using the long bow, which is 40 damage..

Also, I'm using the battle sword, AV of 30 I think. Is that the best sword available in demo?

Post Sat Sep 08, 2001 12:26 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I canīt really say anything spefically about the demo. I played the German equivalent (=demo2) for appr. 15 min. until I reached the bridge to the OC with the two guards in front of it. I overlooked one the Scavengers nearby, resulting in a fight newbie with rusty sword <==> 2 adult Scavengers. 2 sec. later I was 90% dead, turned around, ran with the weapon in my hand towards the bridge. The guards drew their swords, ran in my direction, ...., then past me, killed the Scavengers swiftly, ..., turned around,... back to me,..., still armed,... , I really think I was never before so fast leaving fighting-mode,..., after I put away my sword one of the guards said (translated) with a very sarcastic voice "Must be your lucky day!".
I saved, went to the next retailer and bought the game

Bow: I didnīt bother with bows. Most of the time I used this heavy crossbow
http://gothic.gomp.net/info/screen/big/UO0083.jpg

and this two-handed blade

http://gothic.gomp.net/info/screen/big/UO0020.jpg

critical hit? Afaik with a skill upgrade you increase your chance for a critical hit. Long aiming? Not really

Post Sat Sep 08, 2001 1:46 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Yes, my friend, your lucky day, indeed!! (You can just GO to your local retailer and buy the game..we here in the states have to go through the demo..over and over again!)

Sheeeeesh..that bow is 90 damage..that's insane! Have you played through the entire game yet?? Are those the best weapons you can get? Is there any other naked chicks?

I have so many questions for those that have beaten the game..what are the other camps like? Which did you join, and why?? Is the object of the game just to escape? etc. etc..

Anyway, thanx for the info on the bow..i think i'll start a new game and go through demo; AGAIN!

Also, when I deliver the letter to the mages, what gift should I pick? Ring of Strength?? Or the spells??

Post Sat Sep 08, 2001 2:01 am
Tybal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey, to get into the arena and fight, you first have to talk to a dude named Scatts(I think that's his name). He is the guy who can teach you to raise your one-handed sword fighting skill. Anyways, he'll tell you that if you can impress him by beating a guy in the arena then he will speak up for you. Now you can go talk to any of the 3 guys that hang out around the entrance of the arena and you can challenge them! Kirgo is the easiest I heard, but I still can't beat him!

I am also using the same sword that you are using. I have not found a better sword yet.
Post Sat Sep 08, 2001 2:24 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I played the whole game two times. First time as one of these heavily armed OC-Warriors, second time as water-mage in the NC.
I played nothing else for two months.

The sword "Hüterklinge" I showed you is only mediocre. Itīs the standard weapon of the Guardians(?) in the camp of the religious fanatics. You can get it pretty early in the game if you keep your eyes open (and Iīm not gonna spoil how, itīs one of the funniest things to do ).
The crossbow is the 2nd best.
I doubt you can get such powerfull weapons legally in the demo.

All those questions about the game... I donīt think you really want me to deliver so many spoilers. Lets just say the 3 camps are very different. Why donīt you reread the previews/reviews on this site? They caught the atmosphere reallistically.

Babe? Search the board for it. I guess her name is Velaya.

Letter? Probably the scrolls. In the full version on the other hand...

btw. Buy yourself a BloodFly scroll!

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2001-09-07 21:36 ]
Post Sat Sep 08, 2001 2:32 am
Blitzkrieg_SH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Finshed with the game i now have the highest weapond you can have that is the
Bone-Cruncher or breaker

I got so bored with it (i was playing none stop for 4 days) that i killed everyone in it i have four guards left that i will finsh of to night

I was wondering , In some of the screen shots they have you in Guards cloths , how do you get that?
Post Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:01 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You get guards armour for free when you become a member of the OC. After gaining more exp. you are rewarded with the possibility of buying better armour for a lot of ore.

An armour overview can be found on the gomp-site above. (click on "Ausrüstung" then "Rüstungen") You can get appr. 75% of these armours.
Of course all this stuff looks way better in the game. Very impressive is the "Robe of the Dark Arts" (donīt know the exact engl. name)

http://gothic.gomp.net/info/screen/big/xardas.jpg

Post Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:27 pm
Blitzkrieg_SH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

you have to take the test of Faith which can't be done on the demo English version so then how else can i join?
Post Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:09 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

The is no need to join the Old Camp.
I don't think you can do it in the Eng demo anyways.

I beat up Gomez's guards. I killed all the sorcerers other than Milden and the leader.
I defeated EVERYONE that can be defeated. I killed a few to gain extra experience.

I use the Rusty Two Hander(61dmg) and the War Crossbow(100dmg).
The BoneBreaker is good, but not great.

One handed weapons don't deal any damage to Guards, though, so there's no point in learning 1-handed weapons.

In the Eng Demo, I used the Heavy Crossbow to kill all the guards, all the Warlords, and Gomez's bodyguards.

The key to playing this game is to HIT AND RUN. Use a crossbow to deal a little damage to someone, then RUN. When they calm down, go and hit them again. Then RUN. And keep doing this until you are able to defeat them with a sword. Then get your exp points, then go back and kill them with a bow, to get the exp points again.

In the demo, you can get up to Level 12. I'm at level 8, about to get to level 9 right now. But there's no need, no one has weapons anymore, because I took them all, and Gomez is invincible, so there's no point in trying to kill him.

HOW DO YOU END THE DEMO!?!?!

Thanks for reading,
Kevin

Post Sun Sep 16, 2001 12:02 am