Usergroups
Gothic 2 NOTR English Speech Addon Download
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

As I said, that is the one cutscene that has no text to read for the pure text mod. I am not good enough at writing script to make one as Cothyso did, thus you will never know what was said in German (it is tied into the AVI movie) by Xardas repeating himself.

Unless I am missing something? I just want to make an updated text file mod with just that one cut scene in English for people to hear since there is no normal text to read. That was 'scripted in special' by Cothyso.
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:13 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

So you think it´s important enough for you to ask others to commit a crime to let you see the scene in English?

Every additional piece you make available for download might be the one which crosses the line at which JoWooD could really decide to sue the responsible persons. All they have to do is ask Jolt for your IPs.
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:16 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Of course not. I did not think it was wrong . We already 'paid' for the game. I would buy the add-on if they would make it available. I still will buy the add-on when and if it ever comes to our territory.

I am more interested in making all speech for text readable. I guess that one cutscene will have to suffer. I am not a good programmer as Cothyso was to reproduce that script he made. The rest of the New Translation English Text mod will not have that in it; but the majority will be much more on par.
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:25 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

i have to say im whit Gorath on this one
we got the speech files theres really no need for anything else then that and the english translations mod that was made along time ago
i dont see the need to make a new text translation mod .. ok theres a few typo's in this one but its mainly in the subtitels which is unimportent seens they can be turned off in the .ini file for the mod
(set force subtitels to 0 some here on the last line of the script)
i've played about 1/4 way through the addon whit the speech files and translations mod i've had no problems at all so far .. and that one cutscean is of very littel importence even to the story line .. unless of cause your playing for the very first time and cant figure it out but reading the task list r listening to what you and xardas talks about ..

i say we keep what we got now and leave it at that .. no reason for the lot of us to go to jail for something as silly as a cutscean
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:38 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
. We already 'paid' for the game.

Indeed. This is like bypassing the region codes in a dvd-player.
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:51 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

which technically also is somewhat not legal
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:55 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

We have been contacted by JoWooD.
They said the download uses copyrighted material and is illegal without JoWood´s permission. We were asked not to publish links to the download.

All links have been removed from this thread. Posting links to the download or posting information to help track down the download is no longer allowed and will be considered support of piracy.
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:39 pm
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You know, if you get the Italian version like I did, you would have an all English addon. The only thing you would need is the translation mod or the files from pretty_ugly. Which I see the link has been removed. All the speech is in English; even the movie(s).
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:41 pm
Greb Jnnayr
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Drake5
You know, if you get the Italian version like I did, you would have an all English addon. The only thing you would need is the translation mod or the files from pretty_ugly. Which I see the link has been removed. All the speech is in English; even the movie(s).

How did you get the italian version?
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:43 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Yep this was somewhat expected.I understand the legal-apect even thought it sounds utterly stupid. No need to blame gothicdot. Its better to keep good relationships to jowood than to be rebel

I'd say that it was a lame thing to do from jowood.People who have bought notr legally are not allowed to tranform it to an other language.

About region codes in dvd-players.No one is taking them seriously. Even the vendor informed me how to bypass them .And i did not even have to ask about it.

Last edited by Dez on Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:49 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

yer that what i ment by "technically" problem is really that most people have gotten so use to all the less then legal stuff that noone really gives a damn anymore
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:53 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

Yes Drake5, how did you get a copy of the Italian version? I assume you placed it over the UK English Gothic 2 version?

Because then using the text patch, it will still override the original written Italian text into English as best it could be translated.

Is there a online store that will sell a copy to the USA? Do you have an Ebay for trading stuff?
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:09 am
Souly
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
We have been contacted by JoWooD.
They said the download uses copyrighted material and is illegal without JoWood´s permission. We were asked not to publish links to the download.

All links have been removed from this thread. Posting links to the download or posting information to help track down the download is no longer allowed and will be considered support of piracy.

i am not in the least surprised, the english speech replacing german speech alone was piracy.

waits for it to see the light of day in Australia..

yea right!!
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:24 am
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
quote:

Yes Drake5, how did you get a copy of the Italian version? I assume you placed it over the UK English Gothic 2 version?

Because then using the text patch, it will still override the original written Italian text into English as best it could be translated.

Is there a online store that will sell a copy to the USA? Do you have an Ebay for trading stuff?

From here: http://www.internetbookshop.it/vg/ser/serami.asp?isbn=9006113085119

I posted about it in the Italian thread. http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=533446&sid=03805dc79f96d6cd4c5107f45b915ef4
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:26 am
pretty_ugly
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yep i thought that jowood wont like this lol
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:59 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next